Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 6th June 2010, 12:37     #1
pervy

SBW signs with NZRU

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...0605-xlu1.html

Could be the spark NZ needs. Jonah was never my favourite player but he definitely brought something to the field, I think SBW has that same ability.
Old 6th June 2010, 13:01     #2
Deff
I felt shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervy
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...0605-xlu1.html

Could be the spark NZ needs. Jonah was never my favourite player but he definitely brought something to the field, I think SBW has that same ability.
Reserving judgement. Hoping he'll click with Carter and just dominate but yeh.
Old 6th June 2010, 13:43     #3
oOo Dragon oOo

I hope he goes to crusader land so he and DC can work together and form a combination before he enters All Black territory
Old 6th June 2010, 17:58     #4
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

At this stage, I'd say "Big woop."

Pudding, proof. See, we shall.
Old 6th June 2010, 23:56     #5
MrTTTT

the prick shouldn't be in any sports team after he abandoned the dogs. talk about a dog act...
Old 7th June 2010, 00:07     #6
pig

Lol I disagree completely, I would rather he was back playing in the NRL but if he's going to try & make the the AB's I hope he is successful & is as good as he was in league.
Old 7th June 2010, 09:47     #7
fixed_truth

If the NRL wanna have club salary caps then I say good on top players for switching to union & AFL.

I would like to see Sonny play with Auckland or Wellington but I guess Canterbury would be the best option for his AB goal.
Old 7th June 2010, 10:03     #8
Deff
I felt shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
If the NRL wanna have club salary caps then I say good on top players for switching to union & AFL.

I would like to see Sonny play with Auckland or Wellington but I guess Canterbury would be the best option for his AB goal.
Just hoping he does upset the whitey/darkie balance there...
Old 7th June 2010, 10:20     #9
fixed_truth

ahaha yeah I could imagine how that would have gone

SB: WTF?!?! WHAT'S THIS 3 DARKIE LIMIT SHIT WITH YOUR CLUB?
CRFU: Um yeah don't worry that's just nonsense from an old attention whore
SB: Oh, ok. Coz being of Samoan decent that shit fucks me off. I hope the guy got the boot hard.
CRFU: Um, something like that . . . anyway so what colour maserati did you want again?
Old 7th June 2010, 14:21     #10
MrTTTT

Quote:
Not arguing with his decision to go for more money. But I'm arguing with his decision to abandon his team mid-season without even telling them. Absolutely disgraceful.
Old 7th June 2010, 16:44     #11
ZoSo

Quote:
Has to be Canterbury if he/they're serious about it. I'd hate to see him lost to Auckland or Welly.
Old 7th June 2010, 17:15     #12
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

he'll pick counties

rofl, imagine that shit.
Old 8th June 2010, 06:02     #13
ePi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
At this stage, I'd say "Big woop."

Pudding, proof. See, we shall.
He was pretty fucking good at Toulon this year.
Old 8th June 2010, 06:04     #14
Phrack

With him looking to play 12 (according to the news write ups I've seen), will make for an interesting contest between him and Nonu. Not so sure you could have a Nonu/SBW 12/13 combo.

Last edited by Phrack : 8th June 2010 at 06:06.
Old 8th June 2010, 09:23     #15
blynk

I'm picking counties manukau as the npc side, mainly because Umaga's the coach.

It would be funny if he played for the Canterbury Crusaders after ditching the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Old 8th June 2010, 09:28     #16
xor

So he has one year to convince the notoriously conservative All Black selectors to give him the black jersey?

I don't think so Tim
Old 8th June 2010, 13:53     #17
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
So he has one year to convince the notoriously conservative All Black selectors to give him the black jersey?

I don't think so Tim
Really? You think it was only the NZRU that are doing this? The coaches would be consulted with as well, and I am sure if he shows any signs he will be in the squad. Plus they would have seen him in the few games he had in France.
Old 8th June 2010, 14:09     #18
xor

Just my opinion from All Black selections over the years. They are very conservative with their selections
Old 8th June 2010, 14:23     #19
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

It's actually not a bad move for SBW to join Counties, that way he can play in the Chiefs next year! w00t!!!

Anyway what's this bollocks about him signing? Nothing on Rugby Heaven officially stating it's happened, that's a BS news post, he still hasn't confirmed officially.
Old 8th June 2010, 15:12     #20
p-b

Where ever he goes, I am sure the the home stadium will definitely benefit from more bums on seats. the various Union's were probably bending over backwards to try and woo him.
Old 10th June 2010, 16:39     #21
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

FFS just tell us what you're going to do Sonny so we can all farkin' move on!!
Old 11th June 2010, 01:46     #22
QWERTY?

haha, I hope he does go to counties, man pukekohe would be mad house.
Old 11th June 2010, 06:35     #23
ePi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor

I don't think so Tim
Wayne Smith loves him. He'll be in a black jersey for the end of the year tour, maybe even a bolter for the latter rounds of the Tri-nations just to get a sense of the atmosphere.
Old 11th June 2010, 09:04     #24
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

FFS, apparently SBW was going to announce which province he would play for exclusively on the NRL footy show last night. He said, "It'll be announced in the next few weeks" *sigh*
Old 12th June 2010, 12:45     #25
-Statik

he's only coming here to play and get a jersey so he can earn shit loads more cash after the world cup. he's obviously milking every cent he can get out of the hype. lol.
Old 14th June 2010, 09:03     #26
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Pretty much guaranteed he's playing for the Crusaders, only a question of which provincial team he'll play for now.
Old 14th June 2010, 10:53     #27
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

I thought the rumours were that he was going to Counties with Tana
Old 14th June 2010, 10:56     #28
_Incubus_

I'm excited..the kid is a great athlete and could really add some starch to our mid field. I'm banking on a NPC season with counties and then the end of year tour with the AB's
Old 23rd June 2010, 09:44     #29
herp

No real surprise here, SBW signing with Canterbury and the Crusaders. Hopefully will form a destructive (on the opposition) partnership with DC.