Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 13th June 2004, 18:16     #1
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Thumbs down I'm off to Prison Tuesday 7am

I guess this is my last column for quite a while. I got a short sentence (21 months) and I'm eligible for home detention but the legal system is very slow so its not likely my application for HD will be approved for several weeks so I'm looking at roughly 11 weeks in jail. It's going to seem like ages but not as long as the 9 months or so I was anticipating (2.5 year sentence, no HD), I was really really lucky and we had three really good lawyers, a very sympathetic Judge and a very sympathetic female crown prosecutor. I'm just really hoping I can get a TV and my walkman in there as soon as possible, I'll start losing my mind without my music! I bought a phat discman that plays cdr/cdrw and I burned about 80 odd albums to the maximum 12 cd's im allowed to bring in. Just hope they'll allow me to have them brought in, my argument will be that I own all the cd's but I put them onto cdr in mp3 format so I could fit more music on my 12 disc quota. I realise this is still against the law but who knows what their policy is in there eh? If others have cdr's then I'm sure I'll be allowed too.

I'm not that worried about going to prison, not like I was a month or two ago. I'm just so glad my sentence is short and I can't wait to get it over with and get the fuck outta there as soon as I can and get on with my life again. My only worries really are not being able to see or talk to my friends, not being able to use my computer and being bored out of my skull. Oh yeah the food is pretty shit too I hear, not really a surprise, also the gym has been taken away so my hopes of working out lots while I'm there have been dashed.

So tomorrow I sit my exam at 9.15 am, Dad is picking me up afterwards and I have the rest of Monday to sort my shit out before Dad drives me to the prison at 7am Tuesday morning to be admitted. Fun fun fun :P Pretty confident I'll get an A for the exam though, been studying my ass off for it.

So yeah I should be out before my brothers birthday in September so that's a bonus, I'll miss all of you terribly and lots of you will be in my thoughts daily and often. If you're lucky you might catch me online on Monday night just before the old computer is boxed up and stored till I get out. Otherwise I'll see you when I get out fella's

Peace Out,
Nez aka mr selfdestruct
Old 13th June 2004, 18:21     #2
Blaz3y

You dont have to answer if you dont want to, but what did you do dude? Just curious...
Old 13th June 2004, 18:25     #3
CCS
Stunt Pants

Re: I'm off to Prison Tuesday 7am

Quote:
Originally posted by mr selfdestruct
I'm just really hoping I can get a TV and my walkman in there as soon as possible, I'll start losing my mind without my music!
Maybe Bubba can beatbox?
Old 13th June 2004, 18:29     #4
Ratty chiQ

Quote:
Originally posted by Blaz3y
You dont have to answer if you dont want to, but what did you do dude? Just curious...
from addict.net.nz

Charges
2004-05-03 18:07, 9 comments
cultivation of cannabis
manufacturing of cannabis oil
possession of cannabis
possession of cannabis oil
precursor for iso propane alcohol
supply of cannabis
supply of cannabis oil
theft of cannabis
Old 13th June 2004, 18:32     #5
Logik
Mate, feed, kill, repeat

Cya dude. GL
Old 13th June 2004, 18:33     #6
Dystopia

wouldnt that get you like 20 years in the states?
Old 13th June 2004, 18:33     #7
::Shocker

Yeah, cya & gl.
Old 13th June 2004, 18:35     #8
The Edge

Quote:
Originally posted by Dystopia
Possibly. I can find out...?
Old 13th June 2004, 18:35     #9
Toksin

Godspeed. GL.

I'm still shocked at "theft of cannabis"
Old 13th June 2004, 18:35     #10
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Yeah, you can get 10 years for possession of cannabis there and it only has to be about a joints worth :/
Old 13th June 2004, 18:36     #11
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally posted by Toksin
Godspeed. GL.

I'm still shocked at "theft of cannabis"
not as shocked as I was when they told me!
Old 13th June 2004, 18:37     #12
Ratty chiQ

Quote:
well this isnt the states....

Hope your time isnt too bad in there Tim, and that you get out soon as. See ya when you get out dude
Old 13th June 2004, 18:37     #13

Can I ask why you're going to jail while your application for HD is being considered? I don't know much about the legal system, but I heard recently that that serial drink driver with the Harley had his prison sentence deferred because his application was pending...
Old 13th June 2004, 18:39     #14
Ratty chiQ

hey Tim did the others get the same sentence as you?
Old 13th June 2004, 18:43     #15
Timid

I have a close friend who was recently released onto HD, after serving roughly 6-7 months. He had his 20th birthday inside.

From what he's told me, its not *all* that bad, but he got a TV and Music asap which kept him sane. He says that so long as you keep to yourself and dont offer comments towards other prisoners that they may percieve as being negative you should be sweet. He said he nearly got into a few scrapes, but gained respect when his woman visited cos she was "hot", and they instead said stuff like "i'd like to bang your woman".

Yes, the food is shit, but they do give you "3 square meals" although he tells me that it wasn't at all tasty and the toast is cold.

Hope that helps - and spend time in your cell doing sit-ups and press-ups in that first week - will help to keep you busy while they process your tv/cd player.

I hope the time passes quickly (I know it will, my friend's 6-7 months went like lightening!) and remember when you get out and you're on HD, dont do anything stupid!

Look after yourself, and remember - it could be worse!

d.
Old 13th June 2004, 18:43     #16
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally posted by ::Shocker
Can I ask why you're going to jail while your application for HD is being considered? I don't know much about the legal system, but I heard recently that that serial drink driver with the Harley had his prison sentence deferred because his application was pending...
Ask the Judge but my other two co-offenders have to stay in jail while applications are considered because they were already there on remand so it'd be pretty unfair on them if they had to stay there and I didn't. I posted a thread about that drunk driver you're talking about by the way, that was in an Auckland court though and they seem to be rather infamous for 'letting people off' from what I've read.
Old 13th June 2004, 18:44     #17
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Quote:
Originally posted by Ratty chiQ
In the otehr thread he said the others got worse than him?
Old 13th June 2004, 18:44     #18

Oh, k. Ta.
Old 13th June 2004, 18:45     #19
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ratty chiQ
Yeah we all got sentenced equally.

Thanks Timid, yeah I'm lucky I'm not going to be there as long as your mate, it might have 'went like lightning' for you but I'm sure it was an eternity for your mate
Old 13th June 2004, 18:46     #20
Drgnfire

Care factor = 0

If you do the crime, you should do the time .... and the sentance you got was way too short IMHO.

The justice system in this country is way too lax.

Last edited by Drgnfire : 13th June 2004 at 18:47.
Old 13th June 2004, 18:47     #21
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ashley
In the otehr thread he said the others got worse than him?
Naa we all got the same sentences but they did get off 'worse' than I did because when we gave our pleas several weeks ago they got taken to prison on remand but I got granted to sit my exam which is tomorrow and then when we got sentenced they went back to prison whereas I got bail for another 3 days. I think they resent me a little bit for that but its not really my fault that I've been studying my arse off since we got busted and they have just sat on their arses and done squat. Plus I heard they are still using drugs in the jail so I'm considering not associating with them at all in case they get in trouble and it gets reflected on me and jeapardises my ability to get out of there as soon as possible.
Old 13th June 2004, 18:49     #22
Torka

Quote:
Originally posted by Drgnfire
If you do the crime, you should do the time .... and the sentance you got was way too short IMHO.
Almost 2 years in prison for manufacturing a drug people take voluntarily to make themselves feel good...and it's too lax? That's a nice reality you've constructed for yourself, friend.
Old 13th June 2004, 18:50     #23
Timid

oh and RE burnt CD's - I sent my friend a whole bunch of burnt CDs and stuff. I just 'wrote' on them that they were mix-sets as opposed to albums.

You should be OK on that (you'll be pleased to hear that no doubt!)

He's finding HD harder because he has to stay home all weekend and can't go out with friends etc.

d.
Old 13th June 2004, 18:52     #24
THEFLYINASS

gl man, get out soon : )
Old 13th June 2004, 18:53     #25
TnT

Quote:
Care factor = 0

Obviously your care factor is not 0, you posted in this thread, so consequently you cared enough to make a statement.

You do realise SD got a harsher sentence than those 3 mongrels who beat the 5 month pregnant 16 year old in order to force her to have a miscarriage right?
Old 13th June 2004, 18:54     #26
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Quote:
Plus I heard they are still using drugs in the jail so I'm considering not associating with them at all in case they get in trouble and it gets reflected on me and jeapardises my ability to get out of there as soon as possible.
Good on ya. Sucks about getting snapped but oh well, hopefully you will be out in no time?
Old 13th June 2004, 18:54     #27
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Care factor = 0

I agree, the justice system is too lax but on the contrary you know nothing about me.
Old 13th June 2004, 18:56     #28
flic
Dee Hast Mish

he knows you did something illegal and got caught
Old 13th June 2004, 18:56     #29
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally posted by Timid
oh and RE burnt CD's - I sent my friend a whole bunch of burnt CDs and stuff. I just 'wrote' on them that they were mix-sets as opposed to albums.

You should be OK on that (you'll be pleased to hear that no doubt!)

He's finding HD harder because he has to stay home all weekend and can't go out with friends etc.

d.
w00t thats wicked news bro cheers!
Old 13th June 2004, 18:57     #30
Drgnfire

Quote:
I agree, the justice system is too lax but on the contrary you know nothing about me.
This is true, but given the crimes you have been found guilty of i still think that the sentance is too little and I fail to see how 'knowing anything about you' would influence that thought.
But hopefully you have learned something from being caught and will not reoffend once you have done your time.
Old 13th June 2004, 18:57     #31
Heresy
yawn.

Quote:
Care factor = 0

How's the real world looking from behind that rose-tinted veil, son?

SD's crime is a victimless one. It's going to be your money as the taxpayer which funds his time in prison, yet you're calling for a longer sentence for _MARIJUANA_?

You sound like you'd be better suited to living in America than NZ.
Old 13th June 2004, 18:58     #32
Heresy
yawn.

oh and gl SD, take it easy buddy.
Old 13th June 2004, 19:01     #33
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
This is true, but given the crimes you have been found guilty of i still think that the sentance is too little and I fail to see how 'knowing anything about you' would influence that thought.
But hopefully you have learned something from being caught and will not reoffend once you have done your time.
Well you might know the charges but you have no idea of the severity of any of the charges and that was one of the main reasons for the light sentence. The class B charges were considered to be of very little importance once our lawyers convinced the judge how little we had produced and how little money was made from it. Class B charges carry a maximum 14 year sentence and Class C a 4 year sentence. We were sentenced based on our Class C charges hence the lower sentence.
Old 13th June 2004, 19:02     #34
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally posted by Heresy
oh and gl SD, take it easy buddy.
Cheers man
Old 13th June 2004, 19:08     #35
sv
simulationszeitalter

Don't bend over to pick up the soap!

Maybe theres a hobby you could pick up or work on while you're inside. Like drawing or writing or whatever? Just a thought... GL.
Old 13th June 2004, 19:10     #36
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally posted by sv
Don't bend over to pick up the soap!

Maybe theres a hobby you could pick up or work on while you're inside. Like drawing or writing or whatever? Just a thought... GL.
I'll be doing plenty of both and don't worry about me dropping the soap, it'll be ME dishing out the sodomy when they drop the soap. You're only gay if you take it
Old 13th June 2004, 19:16     #37
Genesis

GL Dude. WTF is with this theft of cannabis crap? You can actually be pulled up for thieving a illegal substance!?

Are you allowed iPod's in there? You could bring 40GBs worth of MP3s instead of those 12 CDs :P
Old 13th June 2004, 19:19     #38
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally posted by Genesis
GL Dude. WTF is with this theft of cannabis crap? You can actually be pulled up for thieving a illegal substance!?

Are you allowed iPod's in there? You could bring 40GBs worth of MP3s instead of those 12 CDs :P
Yeah... an iPod is just a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit out of my price range and about 5 x the price of my discman :P Also if someone stole or broke an iPod id be a lot more upset than if they busted my discman eh?
Old 13th June 2004, 19:27     #39
Boyd-Work
Frank's Pickle Barrel Ass

lol @ the baby boomers in this thread and their auto-erotic fantasies of becoming Judge Judy.

GL Mr SD.
Old 13th June 2004, 19:29     #40
Toksin

Bet you the week they spend "processing" your cds is just them listening to them and copying what they like off em

Last edited by Toksin : 13th June 2004 at 19:34.