Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 9th June 2004, 23:14     #1
Hotstuff

work available - sales

DO YOU WANT TO JOIN EATAT?
Eatat is growing rapidly so we are looking for vibrant and food loving people to represent eatat in other areas (like Rotorua, Hamilton, Tauranga, Palmerston North, Hawkes Bay, Northland, Auckland, Wellington, Nelson, Queenstown, Christchurch, Dunedin). If you're interested to join our team ... all you need to do is email your CV to [email protected].

You must have
• Self motivation
• Good personal presentation
• Willing to work as self employed
• Ability to work from home
• A home computer with email / internet facilities
• Own transport

Plus must be happy with part time work although hours very flexible

A bonus to have
• Some sales/marketing experience
• Some experience in the hospitality industry

If you have any other queries, just email us at [email protected]
Old 10th June 2004, 00:18     #2
Robo-K1ll

How old do you have to be ?
Old 10th June 2004, 00:41     #3
Trigger
Laserman

hahahaha sales

good luck getting recruits, people here actually have brains
Old 10th June 2004, 01:51     #4
ilk

Moderately nice looking website there. Very glad I'm not planning a career in sales though if this is a typical requirements list.

"Hi, if you want to work for us, you need to provide your own infrastructure (including transport), and work whenever it suits us, not you."

Poor grammar in the bulleted lists also.

What does self-employed mean in this case? You are looking for limited term contractual sales staff? Presumably not people who have established themselves already as sales consultants either, that'd be a bit pricey I imagine.

Hmm. There is no Pizza in Taupo. Bizzarre. (Ok, the pizzeria's haven't submitted their menu's yet or whatever, but still)

Eatat seems to be a nice little service/tool, but the mind boggles as to what they could possibly sell. The only thing that comes to mind is selling the listing/advertising space to individual businesses, which sounds like an awful lot of car and phone time, but then, I guess that's sales.

Forgive me if my (probably flawed) deductive reasoning and critique is completely uncalled for on this thread. I'm not 100% sure what the ettiquette is when dealing with people advertising positions on here is. If it's not done to look at these job descriptions critically and comment accordingly, then mods can feel free (not like they need my blessing) to nuke this post.

Regardless of the above, predicting the comment "If you aren't even interested in the job, why bother?" when I can't sleep, I trawl NZG. Cheaper than valium, but with more hazardous side effects.
Old 10th June 2004, 01:55     #5
Mark98

o_O Re: work available - sales

Quote:
Originally posted by Hotstuff

• Willing to work as self employed
• Ability to work from home
• A home computer with email / internet facilities
Sounds like some sort of telemarketing shizzle. You know the ones' that claim you can earn up to $10,000 p/m etc...
Old 10th June 2004, 15:53     #6
Hotstuff

I am not sure if there is an age restriction or even an age guideline. It's more about being presentable, professional, reliable, honest etc.

The intended relationship is contractual, not wage or salary. Pay is negotiable, but approx $15/hr plus $15 for each sale made. You may be able to make one sale per hour, at least that is what the current sales person found easy enough to do.

Yes the work is selling advertising space to those food businesses who want to have a better listing than the free listings offered, also helping maintain the listings.

Ilk I apologise for the ''poor grammar''. I hope it doesn't matter, as we are offering work. Not every NZ resident has grammar as good as yours, and this a strong trend that you will be unable to stop. As a veteran of NZG I knew exactly the kind of critique my post could attract, and I am happy enough with your response. Indeed, it was effectual in bringing forth some more detail about the work.

We have paid the current sales consultant well into 4 figures for the work done thus far, so I don't believe we are bogus.
Old 10th June 2004, 18:29     #7
pk3

Not work safe

*prepares the wood stack*
Old 10th June 2004, 20:50     #8
Pimpfish

Quote:
Originally posted by Hotstuff
[b]You may be able to make one sale per hour, at least that is what the current sales person found easy enough to do.
Eep, thats pretty impressive for telesales