NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 18th November 2000, 03:23     #1
cyberbob2097

Post scary movies

hey just finished watching house on haunted hill, and i was just wanting to know what people think is the scariest movie EVER. ya know, a movie that strikes absolute terror into a 'nam war veterans heart
Old 18th November 2000, 07:30     #2
[HedbangR]
Locked Account

aaggghhhhhhh!!
Mary Poppins!!
aaggghhhhhhh!!
Old 18th November 2000, 09:56     #3
Furry Crew

I remember watching it with Britten Phantom ands Swifty as the last o-bot lan at the movie....it wasn;t scarry as such but it was very suspenseful and twisted......it was the 1st movie in a long while that i actually covvered my face cause i didn;t want to see what happens next :-)

------------------
"This ain't pain I'm feeling....it's nostalgia"
Visit The O-bots

Old 18th November 2000, 11:10     #4
Jasmin

The Exorcist is the scariest movie I have ever come across. The horrible subliminal flash of the hideous face, the revolting noises, the head twisting around and the horrible scarring on the child/demon. Also shitloads of people died in the making of this movie and the set burnt down.

They are going to release it at the movies soon with all the bits they cut out so we will get to see the spider walk etc.

The next scariest would have to be, The Shining. Especially those twins in the long hallway, the lift and the bloody bits.

[This message has been edited by Jasmin (edited 18 November 2000).]
Old 18th November 2000, 11:19     #5
PsychoInsanity
Locked Account

Bluewink

Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang has to be the scariest movie ever!!i shudder to even think about it!!
Old 18th November 2000, 11:23     #6
MadLep

The Care Bears movie freaked me out.

------------------
|o-bot|
The fame. It was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug - were the drugs.
Old 18th November 2000, 11:39     #7
SHift

scariest movie ever..... Scary Movie
Old 18th November 2000, 13:37     #8
ZoSo

Watching it for the 1st time (Exorcist), way back in the day, I'd have to agree Jasmin. But watching it again, recently = tame. Infact disapointingly tame. Bordering on boring :/ Maybe the new release will add something back to it.
Old 18th November 2000, 13:39     #9
dylan
Huh?

Bluewink

yeah i agree with jasmin....has to be the exorcist. i haven't even seen the uncensored version and it scared the pants offa me.

hmm the poltergesit scared me too. i guess cause i believe in all that shit.
Old 18th November 2000, 14:42     #10
GiBs

Laugh

House on haunted hill is fucked up as.
Quite scary but it was so damn cheesy.

One of my fav scary movies would have to be Event Horizon. Not really horror or anything but it gets into your mind sort of.
The above could of been enhanced by the fact i was home alone and a bit younger when i watched it at 12 at night.
Old 18th November 2000, 16:35     #11
necom

Exclamation

Thesis
Old 18th November 2000, 17:45     #12
Master Villain

Event Horizon was scary as hell. That was awesome, a proper gothic horror film set in deep space. It reminds me of Quake 1.

Psycho is the most suspenseful film I"ve seen. (The original).
Old 18th November 2000, 18:04     #13
Simon
SHG

When I was a kid "The Omen" gave me the absolute shits for weeks.
Old 18th November 2000, 19:56     #14
Bent

Exclamation

Yeah, Event Horizon scared the pants off me when I first watched it. The same with Candyman... You have to watch Candyman with a really big sub attached to the tv so you can appreciate his voice
Old 18th November 2000, 20:54     #15
r3x

Aliens still scares me. Not the kind that give you nightmares afterwards, just the sort of stuff that makes you jump in your seat.
Old 19th November 2000, 00:54     #16
p-b

The thing about Event Horizon that scared me most was the fact that Lawrence Fishburn sacrificed himself to save the other crew and in the process got pulled into the hell dimension still alive. Thinking of the tortures he'll go through scares me shitless.
Old 19th November 2000, 01:39     #17
Master Villain

I think the freakiest bits in Event Horizon are the quick glimpses you get of the ships log, and the visions that Dr. Weir shows to Lawrence Fishburns character at the end. Particularly the one quick shot of someone with a big spike jammed into the back of their head, and its coming out of her mouth....
Old 19th November 2000, 02:07     #18
p-b

MV: Yeah, to think that could be happening to Laurence Fishburn's caracter after he got pulled into the other dimension with the Dr.
Old 19th November 2000, 02:14     #19
Simon
SHG

Yeah, you guys are on target all right. Event Horizon is one kickass movie - and it should be, considering that it's pretty much "DOOM On A Spaceship"!
Old 19th November 2000, 03:30     #20
FreddyK
Need I say more?

The Exorcist is still the movie that has scared me the most. Probably because of the inocent age I first saw the movie....looking at it now, it is a little dated, but because the movie was based on fact STILL gives me the hebbie jebbies.
Old 19th November 2000, 03:46     #21
Master Villain

Event Horizon always reminded me of Quake 1 for some reason. And not just cos Fishburn locks and loads a rivet gun.... The funny thing was I used to play Q1 to the Prodigy, and the theme for the film was off the same CD....
Old 19th November 2000, 14:26     #22
Pitt-Riff

The Exorcist 3 is damn freaky! There's this one scene in it that just scared the shit out of me and the other people watching it. Make sure the lights are out damnit
Old 19th November 2000, 18:42     #23
Geronimo

Event Horizon was the best scary movie I've watched in ages. I saw it not long a go, at night, in the dark, very wasted. How it would build up a crescendo (sp?) in some parts only to have nothing happen was cool. Expecting something, and then 2 out of 3 times nothing happened, but when it did it made it all the better!
Old 19th November 2000, 19:11     #24
AT84

Hellraiser

Evil mattresses
Old 19th November 2000, 20:40     #25
Furry Crew

Yes i havew to agree Event Hoziron scared me as well......doesn;t matter that it was 10 am and i was the only person in the cinema

Yeah lots of freaky shit going on there and Fishburn did a damn great job in that movie while Sam Neil was his ussually stotic self which worked just fine for his character as well

------------------
"This ain't pain I'm feeling....it's nostalgia"
Visit The O-bots

Old 20th November 2000, 02:05     #26
Caesar

Yep, I too have to agree that Event Horizon was dam good and scary.
Though it got shit reviews by the critics(sp?).
But those dudes suck anyway and I never listen to the bastards...
But someone pleeeeeeeeease get out an old movie called The Entity and watch it late at night with the sound up and the lights down and then try and tell me that you weren't scared..
THEN you will know what jumping out of your skin is like. Trust me on this one.
And even more scarier is that its supposedly based on a true story.
But The Entity is without a doubt, THE scariest movie I have seen.
This movie comes so highly recommended if you want to pack bricks and I just looked it up on the internet movie data base and most of the people that reviewed it said that it was really scary.
If you ever trust ole C once in your life, now is the time

C

P.S. The subject matter for this movie wouldn't be viewed as nice from a womans POV.

[This message has been edited by Caesar (edited 20 November 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Caesar (edited 20 November 2000).]
Old 20th November 2000, 09:32     #27
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Bluewink

Yep, Event Horizon definately did it for me *shudder*
Old 20th November 2000, 09:58     #28
Master Villain

Who needs eyes when you can have VISIONS OF AGONY?
Old 20th November 2000, 10:12     #29
Boyd-Work
Frank's Pickle Barrel Ass

Liberate me ex Inferis!

(pardon my Latin, it's been 8 years :P)

I've just been reading some excerpts from "A Clockwork Orange" since I'm going to see it this week at the Civic.. and the blurbs I'm reading are scaring me already
Old 20th November 2000, 10:34     #30
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Ok, MV and Boyd: you're just being vindictive now

*hides*
Old 20th November 2000, 11:23     #31
Fred

Event Horizon?

Scary?

Sam Neil came across as ultimate evil with a bit of a headache and could you come back later next week to be damned? Not one of his better roles.

There was a lot to like about Event Horizon - the music, the set design and Lawrence Fishburn & Sean Pertwee's acting is among that. But the story was so derivative and silly it completely underwhelmed me.

Ones that are better in my opinion are the original 'Alien' and John Carpenters remake of 'The Thing'. Ridley Scott's film has the hands down the best, creepiest Alien design that he wisely chose to keep hidden for most of the movie. Combine it with an intelligent script and characters that react intelligently to the situation and you have, still, the defining science fiction horror film.

'The Thing' is great too. Playing to it's strong point of the paranoia that a perfect shape shifter, capable of reading your thoughts as it eats you, brings it left you guessing as to whether the alien had been defeated or not. John Carpenter hasn't done a better film yet, although I haven't caught up with a copy of 'The Fog' yet which I am told is another masterful film he has done.

|THAT|-fred
'fred is not dead, fred is resurrected!'
Old 20th November 2000, 15:22     #32
Worship The Glitch

ii don't think a fictional movie can be scary, it would have to be real, or based on a true story, even then, you can't capture true 'terror' on a camera.

Old 20th November 2000, 15:48     #33
Fir3Storm [VNV]

Event horizon without a doubt... woah