Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11th July 2010, 20:12     #12921
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
Letting people like that in just encourages them to do it again tomorrow.
Old 11th July 2010, 20:16     #12922
doppelgänger of someone

people who think they are "smart" by cutting in line need to DIAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
Holding up traffic in any form just fucks everyone over, don't be a cunt. What does it add, 7 seconds to your commute?
By the same token, if you let someone cut in line, you are holding up traffic behind you. So it is not ok to let people cut in line by your own logic.
Old 11th July 2010, 20:20     #12923
p01s0n

when you let that person in, you minimize the blockage.

when you don't let them in, and the person behind you doesn't, and the person behind them, and behind them, and maybe even behind them doesn't either - how long is the other lane blocked up for?

just because some clown wants to 'teach them a lesson'.
Old 11th July 2010, 20:23     #12924
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Oh u mad?
Yeah, u mad.
You've been itching to say that and because no one is really that mad, you've just blown your load anyway. Mad fail.
Old 11th July 2010, 20:24     #12925
CCS
Stunt Pants

Oh also, traffic fail, lol.
Old 11th July 2010, 20:29     #12926
doppelgänger of someone

If the other lane is blocked because of that clown (and that clown doesn't feel embarrassed enough to stop trying to cut in), then I may consider letting him. But as a general rule of thumb, I don't let those kind of cunts in, it just encourages them to do it again soon.
Old 11th July 2010, 20:40     #12927
madmaxii

I'm with that long named guy.
Old 11th July 2010, 20:47     #12928
xor

I speed up and slow down to prevent those fuckers from cutting in.
Old 11th July 2010, 21:45     #12929
p01s0n

*is a territorial driver*
*see's a car on fire upside down on the side of the road*
*drives past and honks horn, thinks to self "hehheheh dumbass got what he deserved*
Old 11th July 2010, 21:49     #12930
CCS
Stunt Pants

If you think it's to do with territory then no wonder you don't get it.
Old 11th July 2010, 21:53     #12931
xor

Quote:
*is a territorial driver*
*see's a car on fire upside down on the side of the road*
*drives past and honks horn, thinks to self "hehheheh dumbass got what he deserved*

Because both situations are the same
Old 11th July 2010, 21:54     #12932
Jamiepo

If I am the one that has picked the wrong lane I never block it off and try and get into the other lane I would feel way to ambarassed to do that I just follow the lane until I can get back into the right flow of traffic, IE off at the next ramp accross the bridge and back on into the correct flow of traffic. I learn my lesson and pick the correct lane the next time. 9 times out of 10 it's not someone mistakenly picking the wrong lane it's someone who thinks they deserve to cue jump cause their commute is much more important than everyone elses.
Old 11th July 2010, 21:56     #12933
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Huh. Most days I'll let the person in, figure that if they need to be somewhere that much faster than the rest of us mere mortals, then it's probably best that they're as far away from me as possible.
... however on a bad day I'm the asshole that'll pull into the middle of the road to stop the queue jumper from passing.
Old 11th July 2010, 21:57     #12934
TheBender

Not sure if I'm one of the few, but if "I'm new to the area" and find myself needing to cut into a long queue of cars after I realised I was in the wrong lane, then I kinda have a small chuckle (oops, got that one wrong), go with the lane I'm in and sort it out after I've gone the wrong direction.

Sure, a few times I've ended up on a motorway going the wrong direction until the next exit - but that's the price for being a noob I guess.

Guess it's because of the rage I get when people do the maneuver from the pic on the last page.

To me, there's no reason at all to try and get in at the head of the queue - new to the area or not.

If they're new, and got caught out then it's still a wanky thing to do. If they're not new, the add aresholery to the start of it.
Old 11th July 2010, 22:21     #12935
Spink

wtf I clicked the Pic of the day thread 3 times before I realised I wasn't accidentally misclicking GMG thread.
Old 11th July 2010, 22:34     #12936
zeekiorage

Old 11th July 2010, 22:38     #12937
CCS
Stunt Pants

Old 11th July 2010, 22:50     #12938
chiQ
Frag-muff

If people get close to being up to speed in in a merging lane going into freely flowing traffic I will create a gap for them if it's not there already, because they're doing it right and making them brake is arseness.

If traffic is crawling I let them in if they start indicating and sit at the earliest point in the merging lane, because they aren't trying to queue jump. If they are trying to queue jump it depends on my mood and the state of things. I don't want to punish anyone but the queue-jumper, but they need a smack on the nose.

Situations like that diagram it depends on the road markings and conditions. If other cars have been sitting on them, blocking them from view or if it's rainy and the road is as shiny as the paint I will generally let the queue jumper in, but if it's clear what the lanes are for I block the bastards.
Old 11th July 2010, 22:52     #12939
StN
I have detailed files

I don't think the thing in CCS's diagram is called queue jumping...
Old 11th July 2010, 22:55     #12940
p01s0n

Old 11th July 2010, 22:59     #12941
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
If people get close to being up to speed in in a merging lane going into freely flowing traffic I will create a gap for them if it's not there already, because they're doing it right and making them brake is arseness.

If traffic is crawling I let them in if they start indicating and sit at the earliest point in the merging lane, because they aren't trying to queue jump. If they are trying to queue jump it depends on my mood and the state of things. I don't want to punish anyone but the queue-jumper, but they need a smack on the nose.

Situations like that diagram it depends on the road markings and conditions. If other cars have been sitting on them, blocking them from view or if it's rainy and the road is as shiny as the paint I will generally let the queue jumper in, but if it's clear what the lanes are for I block the bastards.
it kinda lols me that people get mad about this kind of stuff, i do it all the time but i have never suffered from road rage from other people doing it. just dont care.
Old 11th July 2010, 23:01     #12942
chiQ
Frag-muff

It's more a matter of deterring bad behaviour than raging. Make it difficult for arse-wipes so they might think twice next time, and less pointless accidents occur. Merging and changing lanes correctly is safer.
Old 11th July 2010, 23:14     #12943
CCS
Stunt Pants

If some skinny little fuck with no shirt ever tries to push in front of me, I'm gonna jump out and tip his car over.
Old 11th July 2010, 23:47     #12944
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
it kinda lols me that people get mad about this kind of stuff, i do it all the time but i have never suffered from road rage from other people doing it. just dont care.
That's because you are apparently a complete and utter fuckwit on the road who should quite frankly just do everyone a favour and stick to using public transport.

There's two reasons for doing this 'all the time'. Reason 1. You're an arrogant twat. Reason 2. You are genuinely devoid of the ability to forward plan. Both reasons should render you incapable of holding a license. In closing.
Old 12th July 2010, 01:17     #12945
SumJaun
Cogito Ergo Sum

What the earth would look like when it stops spinning.

www.esri.com/news/arcuser/0610/nospin.html

Quote:
Most scientists agree that the solar day (related to the speed of rotation) is continuously getting longer. This minimal increase of the day length is due mainly to the oceanic tidal friction. When the estimated rate of the slowdown was projected back to past geologic eons, it showed that the length of a day was several hours shorter than today.

The slowdown of earth's rotation will continue for 4 billion years—as long as we can imagine. The slowdown infinitesimally—but steadily—changes the globe's geometry and makes it dynamic. The net result of these dynamic adjustments is that the earth is slowly becoming more and more like a sphere. However, it will take billions of years before the earth stops spinning, and the gravitational equipotential creates a mean sea level that is a perfect sphere.

Last edited by SumJaun : 12th July 2010 at 01:18. Reason: changed if to when
Old 12th July 2010, 01:59     #12946
zeekiorage

This is not going to happen because God would give Earth a nudge when the day length reaches 25 hours.

Last edited by zeekiorage : 12th July 2010 at 02:00.
Old 12th July 2010, 02:58     #12947
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekiorage
[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/37/91548339_5e0656486d.jpg[/IMG]
I thought Dan did Mr Burns, I remember his intro on the Actors Studio thing, where each of his characters said hello, and specifically remember Mr Burns.

Stupid memory

Cool pic though. I've always wondered if Yeardley gets paid the same as everyone else, since they'd be fucked if they had to write out Lisa, even though she only does one voice.

Last edited by fidgit : 12th July 2010 at 03:00.
Old 12th July 2010, 06:09     #12948
Maulmonk

From that picture it looks that Auckland would be OK, so thats all we need!
Old 12th July 2010, 09:29     #12949
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
If some skinny little fuck with no shirt ever tries to push in front of me, I'm gonna jump out and tip his car over.
Not quite a "skinny little fuck with no shirt" but had a guy from Shortland street, .. fuck knows what his character/whatever name is
This cunt:

Zipped infront of the queue (same thing as above but more cunt!) when the lights were changing (eg ... oh hey one person was semi slow .. so I'll zip in and steal a spot!!)..

Guy behind him got out of his car (since the lights changed just as he did this and was at the front of the queue) ... dude from shortland street filled his under pants and staring bitching out something fierce.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 12th July 2010, 11:01     #12950
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
It's more a matter of deterring bad behaviour than raging. Make it difficult for arse-wipes so they might think twice next time, and less pointless accidents occur. Merging and changing lanes correctly is safer.
this.
Old 12th July 2010, 11:02     #12951
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekiorage
Simpsons image

Wow, Troy McLure looks just like his voice actor.
Old 12th July 2010, 11:29     #12952
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
Wow, Troy McLure looks just like his voice actor did. Before his batshit crazy wife blew him away.
Old 12th July 2010, 11:37     #12953
Pleb'a

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
That's because you are apparently a complete and utter fuckwit on the road who should quite frankly just do everyone a favour and stick to using public transport.

There's two reasons for doing this 'all the time'. Reason 1. You're an arrogant twat. Reason 2. You are genuinely devoid of the ability to forward plan. Both reasons should render you incapable of holding a license. In closing.
Damn you, you bet me to it...
Old 12th July 2010, 12:17     #12954
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumJaun
What the earth would look like when it stops spinning.
[IMG]http://www.esri.com/news/arcuser/0610/graphics/nospin_10-lg.jpg[IMG]
I think 4 billion years of continental drift will change the layout a bit.
Old 12th July 2010, 12:37     #12955
zeekiorage

A bicycle for boyracers...

Not really, but they can still use it
Old 12th July 2010, 14:06     #12956
Endymion

Quote:
just because some clown wants to 'teach them a lesson'.
It's also possible that the car in the left lane may have turned left onto the road further back than you can see, and been unable to find a gap.

If you are paying close attention to what all the other moving objects around you are doing then it's pretty easy to find a gap when somebody else doesn't accelerate fast enough or whatever.

Don't hate on the drivers that have the situational awareness to exploit the road rules to their advantage.
Old 12th July 2010, 16:51     #12957
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion
It's also possible that the car in the left lane may have turned left onto the road further back than you can see, and been unable to find a gap.

If you are paying close attention to what all the other moving objects around you are doing then it's pretty easy to find a gap when somebody else doesn't accelerate fast enough or whatever.

Don't hate on the drivers that have the situational awareness to exploit the road rules to their advantage.
yeah its really not dangerous unless you have no spatial awareness and just plow onto the car next to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GdM1DLbiIc
Old 12th July 2010, 16:54     #12958
Reformed_Quint

muh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion
Did I mention, that i'm the man?.
Old 12th July 2010, 18:15     #12959
a-tech

Old 12th July 2010, 19:09     #12960
CCS
Stunt Pants