Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > ISP and Telco discussion
User Name
Password

Old 9th February 2006, 15:39     #1
Renaz

Slow speeds on Ihug 2MB Connection

Hi,
I was just wondering if this was a common problem or not, but I have been experiencing slow speeds (around 40kb/s) on my 2MB connection with Ihug, despite it not being peak time and my usage quota not being filled.
Its random, sometimes i get normal speeds of around 200kb/s, but usually I always encounter speeds of 40kb/s or less.
I have done everything Ihug has told me to do, checked everything They know of. Even telecom came and checked it out and said everything was fine. Has something been missed??
Is the capacity at my nearest telephone exchange crap?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 9th February 2006, 15:46     #2
Evilmonkey

Where you getting these speeds? Tried a known good fast place to download. Both overseas and NZ.

I know Nvidia drivers usually downloads at high speeds.
Old 9th February 2006, 16:03     #3
Renaz

I use both the speed test on the ihug website and the NZDSL speedtest to test my connection speed.
When i do get fast speeds Both my download speed and the speed from the tests match up.
But as i said, i very often never get fast speeds. But I can get them sometimes.
strange?
Old 9th February 2006, 16:18     #4
blynk

Im a bit weary of the Ihug spead test, as last month after I went over my limit, (and not just this was by a bit and a few days later) I decided I would do the test and it still showed the speed at the same as when I was at the 2Mb. I tried a force refresh too.

I would try downloading stuff from non speed test sites.
Old 9th February 2006, 17:33     #5
Renaz

Yeh, the slow speed is also apparent wen im downloading stuff from various sites on the net. being international or national. Even the ones i know have large bandwidth.