Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 7th May 2007, 12:36     #41
Spink

I assume since she got married that she must be legal
Old 7th May 2007, 13:02     #42
?>Superman

That was a trick question to draw out any avril fanboys from the ranks...shame Spink!
Old 7th May 2007, 16:18     #43
Spink

Well since I pasted it from some site I proofed it to see if there were any "click here" type things :P
Old 7th May 2007, 21:20     #44
dead goon

SHUT UP WITH I'M TALKING TO YOU!

SHUT UP!
Old 7th May 2007, 22:10     #45
Simon K

Quote:
Originally Posted by cEvin
craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaAAAaAAAAaaaaAaAaAwwwwwwwwwwwwling in my skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin.
I LOL'd
Old 7th May 2007, 23:11     #46
Caesar

BTW is it the same two vocalists as the first 2 albums?
The screamer guy and the rapper...

C
Old 7th May 2007, 23:19     #47
Limit

Chester and Mike Shinoda?

Read wiki... I think Shinoda does like 2 tracks?
Old 7th May 2007, 23:58     #48
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

hes too cool for school now that he has a "solo career"
Old 10th May 2007, 13:26     #49
fobski

In The interest of science I am going to listen through the whole album and write my feelings and thoughts on each song while listening.

I myself can tolerate linkin park but with a broad musical taste ranging from David hasslehoff and shatner spoken word records through to Li Jon then taking a veer left to wumpscut and finishing of somewhere near pantera/fear factor based upon a mass of 90's grunge I thought this experiment may be valid.

Wake:
wow they can play an instrumental, who would have thought of this?? whets the point?? "I AM SETTING A MOOD FOR CUTTING GET YO BLANKETS AND RAZORS HANDY AND CUT YOSELF" overall - tis a wank factor intro of fucking lame

Given Up:
God if this is what the rest of the album is like I wish I should have given up, by about halfway through this song I wish I was halfway through my wrist so I could connect with Chester while belting out "PUT ME OUT OF MISSSEERRYYYYY" I rate this song 3 x disposable bic razors out of 10

Leave Out All The Rest:
OH MY GOD DON'T JUDGE ME REMEMBER ME FOR WHO I WAS NOT WHAT I DIIDDDDD. no linkin park, while you were tolerable before with your catchy hip hop infused tracks, this is just whiney and shit. creeping up to 7 out of 10 Disposable bic razors and may become the next "HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO MEEEEEEE'

Bleed It Out:
this song is catchy. But I don’t know what they are singing about "I bleed it out digging deeper just to throw it away" bleed what out? Also first appearance of mike shinoda, makes a change from screaming. Rated O for OK

Shadow Of The Day:
"the sun will set for you" well fucking duh. Welcome to planet earth and our orbit and rotation of the planet. Appears to be a song about leaving people behind or something. has cheesy new metal solo so must be a ballad. At this point in time I have come to the conclusion that mike shinoda was the only actual talent and made the band solely play catchy samples and he infused them into the linkin park that was tolerable. Right now this is shit. I rate this song Ashley. Its lame and retarded

What I've Done:
What have you done? made a crap album have fun with shit record sales after the initial rush of linkinMANIA is over. bet ya these guys have gone sober too. All bands suck after they become 100% Sober. So they are sober, without Mike Shinoda to direct them and I’m guessing this is the song they realize that "OH SHIT WE ARE FUCKED" rated 0 empty Jack Daniels bottles out of a possible 10 from there rider.

Hands Held High:
I believe they have found Jesus and are praying for the return of Mike shinoda. OH SHIT HES BACK! Will this song be better than the rest............"listens for 40 seconds".............no, attempted Rage Against The Machine STICK IT TO THE MAN song but without helicopter guitar and decent music and rapping. Right now not even Mike Shinoda can save this album or this song it seems. Kersall massive has more talent than this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tyf8Kr8qsg&NR=1 rated L for lame

No More Sorrow:
OH SHIT MORE DRUMS AND CLAPPING, SHIT ITS SOUNDING INTENSE..... NU METAL EXPLOSION INCOMING.... this is tolerable though I’m sure that the riff they are playing right now sounds like something I have heard before, OH CHRIST IT IS EVERY ANGRY NU METAL SONG EVER NOO MORE SORROOOWWWWW. Rate ENMS - Every nu metal Song Ever

Valentines Day:
Seems like these kids never got cards or gifts on valentine’s day. hallmark lost profits, so sad. Get your razor's out again as this is all about being unloved and sad and lonely, so sad that the weathers hating on you, OH SHIT A KEYBOARD ITS A EMOTIONAL BALLAD... AHAHAHAHAH I was right " I never knew what it was like to be alone.. [/ballad][NUMETAL EXPLOSION] ON VALENTINES DAAYYYYYY" Rated FLGCY - Fucking Lame go Cut Yoself

In Between:
hmm this sounds promising .. oh shit its Mike again " let me apologies to begin with" Cool apology accepted now stop. hmm sounds like a frat boy apology song for when he goes round and bangs some random slut then goes OH SHIT MY G/F I KNOW I WILL PLAY THIS SONG AND USE IT AS MY EXPLANATION. Rated CBAM - Cheating boyfriend Apology music, place it on a mix tape that shows your feeling and get jumped by emo girls with their wrists half cut off

In Pieces:
Mikes disappeared again so it’s another Chester ballad it seems with electronic drums. Only def leopard can do that fuck of Linkin park. K this is a "I don’t care about you I’m better than you" break up song. I hate you I’m running back to mummy and daddy now give me back my mix tape kind of feel. I’m awaiting a NU METAL EXPLOSION but instead got a "medley meddley MEEEEE" solo with guitars turned from 3 to 5 - rated emo breakup material.

The Little Things That Give You Away: Wow they have 6 minutes to play with, I’m expecting 3 to 4 style changes and a gradual cranking of the volume from 3 to 8 for NU METAL EXPLOSION. its 3 minutes in.. dunno if I can last the 6 minutes. so far no style changes no nu metal explosion, oh, another Nu metal ballad PLAY THEM STRINGZ maybe this will be the nu metal stairway, but most likely played at some kids funeral I give this song - 10 dead emo kids in a coffin out of 10

Right I’m now off to get a beer and try and forget I listened to this album. It has occurred to me that mike and his sampling megamix of previous LP albums is what made LP. My advice to the band.

get drunk
Suck Mikes dick
Make him remix the album
and maybe you will be tolerable.

I give this album 1 out of 10, I would have given it 0 but it needed more songs for that prestigious rank
Old 10th May 2007, 13:28     #50
Evil_Bry

tl;dr
Old 10th May 2007, 13:29     #51
xpandnz

funny
Old 10th May 2007, 13:33     #52
Luse

I love you Fob. I really do
Old 10th May 2007, 13:39     #53
Stalk3r

i cant wait for " got yo back monday " next week fob so that i can have your babys, thats the funniest/most accurate review of linkin pork evar
Old 10th May 2007, 14:00     #54
Jin

what the fobski

crackup
Old 10th May 2007, 14:08     #55
Gentl e

VUALT!!
Old 10th May 2007, 14:31     #56
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobski
but most likely played at some kids funeral I give this song - 10 dead emo kids in a coffin out of 10
lol
Old 10th May 2007, 14:33     #57
Matt0r

awesome
Old 11th May 2007, 10:11     #58
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Given Up and Bleed it Out are marginally okay, the rest are terrible, very disappointed
Old 16th May 2007, 22:32     #59
MoP

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4061744a1860.html
Old 16th May 2007, 22:41     #60
dead goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoP

ROFL at stupid kids.
Old 16th May 2007, 22:52     #61
caffiend

Quote:
If people are defending a band in the nu-metal genre their opinion is hardly valid anyway. Rubbish music and rubbish fans.
-Steve Fleming
Well you lost us the Cricket World Cup by choking, again, so I don't see how you can criticise.
Old 16th May 2007, 23:14     #62
PsyK

from the same stuff page, got vampire?
Old 3rd February 2009, 21:10     #63
p01s0n

I listened to this album just now, and its really, really bad.

thx.
Old 3rd February 2009, 21:50     #64
xpandnz

meh, i still dont mind it at all.

since music is my passion and i think a lot about it my main thoughts towards it was that they actually tried to do something different. you dont have to like it.

btw, thanks for bringing this thread back up.
Old 3rd February 2009, 22:09     #65
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
its really, really bad.
what the fucking fuck is this shit?

how did it make you FEEL???
Old 3rd February 2009, 22:16     #66
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan
what the fucking fuck is this shit?

how did it make you FEEL???
Like I wanted to listen to something else. Anything else.
Old 3rd February 2009, 22:18     #67
xpandnz

i recommend Ozric Tentacles. UK progressive space rock band. No vocals just awesome music.
Old 3rd February 2009, 22:27     #68
Jonas Undrawing

Please review your favourite Ozric Tentacles album. But this time make it an album review, not 12 short song reviews. And make it a bit more objective please. Q magazine wouldn't be having any of it if a reviewer used his print-space to talk about his feelings in the context of the songs.

Last edited by Jonas Undrawing : 3rd February 2009 at 22:29.
Old 3rd February 2009, 22:31     #69
dead goon

I like my manufactured rock music with extra feel.
Old 3rd February 2009, 22:44     #70
xpandnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead goon
I like my manufactured rock music with extra feel.
lols
Old 4th February 2009, 00:41     #71
CCS
Stunt Pants

What the fuck is space rock?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpandnz
my main thoughts towards it was that they actually tried to do something different.
Fucken what? What I heard on the radio/tv sounded pretty much the same to me.
Old 4th February 2009, 08:22     #72
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

this thread is pretty legend
Old 4th February 2009, 09:43     #73
crocos

Cheesy grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
Christ it must suck not to be able to just enjoy music for what it is.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 4th February 2009, 14:45     #74
CCS
Stunt Pants

the fuck are you talking about?
Old 4th February 2009, 15:10     #75
cEvin
Love In Vein

one of my fav threads
Old 4th February 2009, 15:24     #76
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

someone needs to get cinclant/seven this t-shirt

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/12/03...b-tshirts.html
Old 10th September 2010, 22:13     #77
SumJaun
Cogito Ergo Sum

Hey xpandnz are you going to do a review of the latest Linkin Park Album?
Old 10th September 2010, 23:53     #78
The Edge

And please tell us how it personally made you feel.
Old 11th September 2010, 00:07     #79
dylan
Huh?

the phrase "chomping at the bit" seems especially appropriate in this context
Old 11th September 2010, 00:49     #80
cEvin
Love In Vein

can we vualt this one plz?