Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 23rd February 2008, 12:36     #1
Haydos

MP3 Tag Auto Updater

Hey Guys

Any of you heard of such a beast that will look through your music collection, take Artist Name and Song Title and then poll the internet to update the tag?

I ripped a whole bunch of CD's about 5 years ago (before the days of Itunes) and didn't bother keeping ID3 files because they made the MP3 bigger. Now with cover flow, I'm wanting to update all of my albums

Appreciate any suggestions
Thanks
Old 23rd February 2008, 12:48     #2
crocos

Yes we have. Thanks for posting!

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 23rd February 2008, 12:56     #3
Toksin

Old 23rd February 2008, 13:27     #4
BaM
Freeloader

I guess the forum search must be busted again. It seems to happen whenever we get a new user, which is a bit odd.
Old 23rd February 2008, 13:46     #5
Madman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydos
...and didn't bother keeping ID3 files because they made the MP3 bigger...
Old 23rd February 2008, 13:50     #6
Jonas Undrawing

"iTunes is a digital media player application, introduced by Apple on January 8, 2001 at the Macworld Expo in San Francisco,[2] for playing and organizing digital music and video files. The program is also an interface to manage the contents on Apple's popular iPod digital media players as well as the iPhone. Additionally, iTunes can connect to the iTunes Store via the internet to purchase and download digital music, music videos, television shows, iPod games, audiobooks, various podcasts, feature length films (available only in the USA), Movie Rentals and Ringtones."
Old 23rd February 2008, 13:54     #7
dead goon

who let the n00bz out??!? woof, woof woof
Old 23rd February 2008, 20:17     #8
lektronimo

Try using Winamp 5. It has 'update ID3 tag' option and also 'search for album art' for covers. But name suggests its PC only, so if you're on a mac, maybe something else.
Old 23rd February 2008, 20:23     #9
Haydos

lol, Look at all the fucking idiots wanting to troll someone for asking a question that has a valid purpose. Grow a fucking brain each of you.

I have Itunes, also - to the smartass, if you didn't read the thing I wrote properly, CD's I ripped and removed ID3 of are the ones I'm wanting to update, rather than re-rip all of the CD's.
Old 23rd February 2008, 21:10     #10
Lightspeed

This isn't the Tech & Troubleshooting forum...
Old 23rd February 2008, 21:41     #11
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
lol, Look at all the fucking idiots
Fuck you.
Old 23rd February 2008, 22:03     #12
Trigger
Laserman

fuck you Haydos you fat shit eating faggot cunt
I hope your mp3s give you AIDS
Old 23rd February 2008, 22:04     #13
ZengE

YUO=LAME

Quote:
...asking a question that has a valid purpose...
I'm gonna take a guess and say the purpose of the question was to get the trolls out from under the bridge?
Old 24th February 2008, 03:01     #14
Madman

Winamp, load them in and do alt + 3.

It's not automatic, but a bit of copy-paste macro magic should help out a ton.
Old 24th February 2008, 12:19     #15
crocos

Quote:
lol, Look at all the fucking idiots wanting to troll someone for asking a question that has a valid purpose. Grow a fucking brain each of you.
If you stopped to think, you may have realized you've been an annoying prat so very few folk are likely to want to help you. Just ask Ashley (Who has toned down the annoyance factor a LOT, but still gets slammed every now & then).

The tool that I would recommend comes with Foobar 2000. Get it, love it.

Now get off my lawn, you damn kids!

Old 24th February 2008, 13:22     #16
Gentl e

This thread needs more Akane.
Old 24th February 2008, 13:42     #17
ZengE

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Foobar 2000. Get it

f2k can look real fugly out of the box (actually, it does -- no doubt about it). There's a heap of guides out there for personalising your f2k which will make it an even better experience. Check out some of the 3rd party add-ons in the forums on the site crocos linked. Don't let the initial fugliness put you off.
Old 24th February 2008, 17:29     #18
Haydos

Quote:
If you stopped to think, you may have realized you've been an annoying prat so very few folk are likely to want to help you. Just ask Ashley (Who has toned down the annoyance factor a LOT, but still gets slammed every now & then).

The tool that I would recommend comes with Foobar 2000. Get it, love it.

Now get off my lawn, you damn kids!
Everyone here is an annoying prat, to be honest.
Old 24th February 2008, 17:31     #19
caffiend

999 posters out of 1,000 must be wrong.
Old 24th February 2008, 17:31     #20
CCS
Stunt Pants

You'll be leaving then?
Old 24th February 2008, 17:46     #21
Native
I... err - F*ck It.

Thumbs up

Re: Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native from another thread
What a dick.
Old 24th February 2008, 17:50     #22
-Dr.J-

This dude's a bit of a glutton for punishment huh.
Old 24th February 2008, 17:51     #23
crocos

Quote:
Everyone here is an annoying prat, to be honest.
Iiiinteresting.

People tried giving you subtle hints, which you ignored.

Then rather unsubtle hints, which you still ignored (and used up the last of your stock of goodwill from your initial - actually funny - posts).

Now you've induced people to dislike you. So please feel free to fuck right off to some other forum. And don't try the "But it's not my fault I post soo often, I've got ADHD" bullshit again - you're far from the only one on this forum with ADHD or worse.

Old 24th February 2008, 18:09     #24
Haydos

Quote:
Iiiinteresting.

People tried giving you subtle hints, which you ignored.

Then rather unsubtle hints, which you still ignored (and used up the last of your stock of goodwill from your initial - actually funny - posts).

Now you've induced people to dislike you. So please feel free to fuck right off to some other forum. And don't try the "But it's not my fault I post soo often, I've got ADHD" bullshit again - you're far from the only one on this forum with ADHD or worse.
TBH, I post when I have something to say.

Just because my intellect is a little greater than yours and I have more things to say more often doesn't mean I have ADHD.

There are reasons to be here but realistically, the majority of active posters simply attempt to troll and abuse whoever is new, I could've come in here, post twice or less a day and said nothing controversial, some clown like CCS still would've taken his shot.

I don't mind though, it's the internets, it's not really going to hurt me to be disliked.

Regardless, Foobar did the trick so all good - thanks.
Old 24th February 2008, 18:19     #25
-Dr.J-

Haha, bow down to the superior intellect~~~

Haydos, it's not that anyone's ganging up on you, individually many here think you're a twat. So mayhaps it's time for you to do what most other dickheads do, try start a new nicknamed account and attempt to blend in a bit better, eventually being unable to supress your inner dickhead and then starting the vicious circle all over again.

Life's a bitch, if you're a douche.
Old 24th February 2008, 18:20     #26
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dr.J-
Haha, bow down to the superior intellect~~~

Haydos, it's not that anyone's ganging up on you, individually many here think you're a twat. So mayhaps it's time for you to do what most other dickheads do, try start a new nicknamed account and attempt to blend in a bit better, eventually being unable to supress your inner dickhead and then starting the vicious circle all over again.

Life's a bitch, if you're a douche.
Blending in? What's that? Getting as fat as you, plucking my eyebrows and dating a $2 transvestite whore?
Old 24th February 2008, 18:23     #27
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

NEXT, get some new mocks
Old 24th February 2008, 18:25     #28
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
NEXT, get some new mocks
OH NOES, GET A NEW MOCK.

Why? The reality of him being a fat fuck with an ugly girlfriend who rates himself as an E-Warrior is really the only mock I'm ever going to need.. It should tell him I disregard him to the point that I can't be arsed insulting him for anything other than his and his girlfriends appearances.
Old 24th February 2008, 18:27     #29
-Dr.J-

Laugh

Mate, your material is pretty weak. Trying to get personal on someone you don't know is a bit silly isn't it? Can't you attack me more on what I say rather than making bad observations of a picture?

That's about your 6th or 7th go saying the same thing man. Am I sposed to go "Oh shit that 8th time really hit a nerve" then you win the prize? Especially when I'm probably skinnier than you are, I look better and my missus is hotter without makeup then yours is fullstop I'd wager.

Keep it up though, makes you look worse, meaning more people think you're a cock thus adding to my entertainment as everyone piles on you as soon as you say anything. Though that's bound to happen cos most of what you say is fucking hilariously off the mark / lame / wrong.
Old 24th February 2008, 18:30     #30
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

YOUR FAT AND HAVE A GIRLFRIEND. wh00pZ! YOU'RE EYEBROW''S AND MY ID3 TAGS PLZ
Old 24th February 2008, 18:35     #31
Trigger
Laserman

fuck off you gaydos you blender, can't even make internet friends
Old 24th February 2008, 18:55     #32
CCS
Stunt Pants

Laugh

Quote:
TBH, I post when I have something to say.
But... you post so much crap all the time but contribute nothing to the forum. Really, you have nothing to say.
This is where he says "But YOU post lots of crap TOO!"

Quote:
I could've come in here, post twice or less a day and said nothing controversial, some clown like CCS still would've taken his shot.
Nah. That's bullshit. I only take shots at people who deserve it. As it is, you've come in here and acted like a total penis. It's pretty funny to me that you've tried to post an innnocent question and without any ringleader, a whole lot of people have turned up to tell you what a cock you are. Are you getting the message? Consider this thread a gauge of the collective dislike for you.
Old 24th February 2008, 19:30     #33
-Dr.J-

GROW A BRAIN CCS U ANNOYING PRAT FFS, OR ILL SUPERIOR INTELLECT U.
Old 24th February 2008, 19:32     #34
CCS
Stunt Pants

YUOR GIRLFRIEND IS LOOKING LIKE $ 2 AND YUO R FATT, PLUCK UR EYE BROWS!!!! I AM SO SMRAT!
Old 24th February 2008, 19:35     #35
-Dr.J-

BLAME TEH BITCH!!1
Old 24th February 2008, 19:41     #36
CCS
Stunt Pants

I HATE U GUYS!! I'M GOING TO TEH MENSA FORUMS WHERE I CAN SHARE MY INTELLERGENT POSTS!!!!
Old 24th February 2008, 20:29     #37
-Dr.J-

You'd think someone with such a high IQ might be able to:

a) Post this thread in the right forum
b) I dunno, Google it perhaps

HAYDOS SHUD CHANGE HIS NAEM TO BRIAN, ITS LIEK BRAIN BUT SHUFFLED AROUND SORTOF
Old 24th February 2008, 20:53     #38
Reformed_Quint

Hold up, Dr J has a hot missus? Man, must have missed the pic, sad

I love this forum:
1) instant assumption you're fat
2) that your girlfriends ugly
3) that you are a nerd
4) that you have ADHD

There must be more.
Old 24th February 2008, 22:21     #39
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dr.J-
Mate, your material is pretty weak. Trying to get personal on someone you don't know is a bit silly isn't it? Can't you attack me more on what I say rather than making bad observations of a picture?

That's about your 6th or 7th go saying the same thing man. Am I sposed to go "Oh shit that 8th time really hit a nerve" then you win the prize? Especially when I'm probably skinnier than you are, I look better and my missus is hotter without makeup then yours is fullstop I'd wager.

Keep it up though, makes you look worse, meaning more people think you're a cock thus adding to my entertainment as everyone piles on you as soon as you say anything. Though that's bound to happen cos most of what you say is fucking hilariously off the mark / lame / wrong.
El Oh El.

Who was it that brought my picture out of another thread and posted it in a completely separate unrelated thread?

Yeah bro, we don't want to get personal.

You're not skinnier than me, I'm 6'3, 81kg - you look about 6'0, 95kg. Your girlfriend is not hot, at all and ultimately, you pluck your eyebrows.
Old 24th February 2008, 22:26     #40
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
But... you post so much crap all the time but contribute nothing to the forum. Really, you have nothing to say.
This is where he says "But YOU post lots of crap TOO!"

Nah. That's bullshit. I only take shots at people who deserve it. As it is, you've come in here and acted like a total penis. It's pretty funny to me that you've tried to post an innnocent question and without any ringleader, a whole lot of people have turned up to tell you what a cock you are. Are you getting the message? Consider this thread a gauge of the collective dislike for you.
I posted a question, I got several usable answers. The fact that the rest of you act like utter e-nerds about it doesn't really concern me. I'm not here to befriend you CCS, I doubt anyone actually is.