NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 27th January 2004, 16:21     #41
Mark98

"at this time of night"? It was about 3 PM.
Old 27th January 2004, 16:39     #42
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

My response was to moo's use of the word

" Yeah a bit stupid he wasn't expecting a bunch of niggers to assault him and his girlfriend and possibly kill them for a car. "

Im sure his grasp of spanish is abit loose at best .....

I think you could do very well by learning abit more about the use of the word in the westen world over the last 100 years or so , you would see that it's moved very far from it's origen ( which is probably debateable to as Negro is also derived from the Greek work necro meaning dead , the slave trade led Africans to become largely 'de humanised ' by western / middle eastern countries ) to a derogatory term.

Which is the way the word has been used in the above sentance regardless of what ever 'after the effect' thoughts our red headed friend might have had.

Despite all the pomp and rhetoric the bottom line is ... if anyone non black called someone black a nigger they WILL be offended .

And thats about all I have to say on the issue :P goodday

Old 27th January 2004, 16:41     #43
zulu

Sad

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark98
"at this time of night"? It was about 3 PM.
its not my day
Old 27th January 2004, 18:26     #44
Moo
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally posted by wugambino
My response was to moo's use of the word

" Yeah a bit stupid he wasn't expecting a bunch of niggers to assault him and his girlfriend and possibly kill them for a car. "

Im sure his grasp of spanish is abit loose at best .....

I think you could do very well by learning abit more about the use of the word in the westen world over the last 100 years or so , you would see that it's moved very far from it's origen ( which is probably debateable to as Negro is also derived from the Greek work necro meaning dead , the slave trade led Africans to become largely 'de humanised ' by western / middle eastern countries ) to a derogatory term.

Which is the way the word has been used in the above sentance regardless of what ever 'after the effect' thoughts our red headed friend might have had.

Despite all the pomp and rhetoric the bottom line is ... if anyone non black called someone black a nigger they WILL be offended .

And thats about all I have to say on the issue :P goodday

I think I should explain my actions. My original message was a quote from Pulp Fiction 'a bunch of hard hitting niggers getting medieval on your ass' to effect. After I re-read my original post, I decided that to quote the movie showed far too much levity for the situation involved (ie. two completely innocent people thinking for a moment they may die). I thus removed nearly removed the quote, only keep the word 'nigger' as the sentence made no sense without the noun. I should have used another word and I apologise for that.

My second mistake was when ipee attacked my use of the word. Instead of conceeding that I had never meant to use the word in that sense in the first place, I decided to pathetically defend my actions even though I realised I was wrong. Even in discussion, I put far too much emphasis on 'winning' and I realise this is a character flaw, one I will try to rectify.

Regarding Simon's sartirical post I'm not sure it particularly deserves mention but while I'm at it I may as well. I wrote the letter to the advertising standards complaints authority. During a movie I was watching with some international student friends, the ginga advertisement came on. I thought it was a pretty stupid advert. For the next week or so those friends referred to me as 'ginga' (in good fun, I don't think they realised it could be considered offensive), also the random outbursts from complete strangers increased about 500% during the time period the advert was on.

I came to the rather sad conclusion that most people were unable to make their own decisions or opinions, and were reliant upon others (eg. marketing executives) for making them.

Although as an intelligent adult I realise the extent to which I should value other people's opinions, I wondered what the effect this advertisement would have on the lives of the red haired children and teenagers, especially the introverted and those already are finding it hard to 'blend' in with their surroundings. If adults are having their behaviour changed by a simple advert, if I personally experienced a 500% increase in idiocy, I would _shudder_ to think how the lives of children were affected during that time period.

My letter mainly consisted of my concerns for children and the time slot the advertisement was shown. I guess this wouldn't make sensationalist news if someone actually was trying to prevent teenage suicides so let's just stick to the old prejudices eh?
Old 27th January 2004, 19:08     #45
jeff_sichoe

pwned fagget
Old 27th January 2004, 20:17     #46
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Thumbs up

Moo:

Quote:
Originally posted by jeff_sichoe
pwned fagget
school holidays over yet
Old 27th January 2004, 20:29     #47
stain0r

Re: ******* ex 2HEKTK INTEGRA CAR JACKED*******

Quote:
Originally posted by THEFLYINASS
Moari / pacific island guys ripped both occupants from the car and stole the vehicle.
Maybe they were South African!

I mean .... car jacking doesn't happen here... just in South Africa!
Old 27th January 2004, 20:45     #48
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by zulu
what i don't get is the 5 mins it takes to go and park the car in a more secure and public area, back where they came. so its a 50/50 debate
If there even is a secure public area within 5 minutes. But to opt to go to a 'more public and secure area' would suggest that to the car owners there was even a shred of suspicion that someone might smash their windscreen and take the car in the middle of the day. The point is, no one expects this.
So the rationale "oh, they could've gone to a more secure area' doesn't even enter into it.
Old 28th January 2004, 00:53     #49
Toksin

Re: Re: ******* ex 2HEKTK INTEGRA CAR JACKED*******

Quote:
Originally posted by stain0r
Maybe they were South African!
I deny everything.
Old 28th January 2004, 01:44     #50
[Hotshot]

http://www.nzgames.com/forums/showth...22#post1002022
Old 28th January 2004, 11:57     #51
Cheesey

Quote:
Originally posted by zulu
its not my day
... or your night :P
Old 28th January 2004, 13:43     #52
Matt0r

if some darker ethnic minority (blaq cunt) thiefs your car, they be a nigger
end of story.
Old 28th January 2004, 13:43     #53
triki

Quote:
Originally posted by [Hotshot]
http://www.nzgames.com/forums/showth...22#post1002022
get tha fuck outta here nigga
Old 28th January 2004, 14:39     #54
p-b

Nigga, please!
Old 28th January 2004, 20:45     #55
Mabd

Rolling eyes

LATIN!! FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!! LATIN.

Jesus fucking wept.
Old 29th January 2004, 20:02     #56
WARch1ld

just an update - the car has been sited twice since it was taken. the owner has now organised a search party for saturday - check out nzhondas if anyone's interested.

it's happened before (queen st on a friday night even), just not with such a high profile car before.
Old 31st January 2004, 15:35     #57
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

hey im pretty sure I saw this car on the way home from work on fridayit was on mckeen ave ( off waymouth road in manurewa ).

It was painted black I only noticed it cause of all the boost gagues on the dash , had a towel or some shit over them but you could see the cresent shapes underneath.

I dident see the number plate cause when I turned around the car had moved. I dident see the guy driving he had a hat on and the tints made it pretty dark inside but he was jittery as in the car looking around etc ...

Last edited by wugambino : 31st January 2004 at 15:46.
Old 1st February 2004, 21:01     #58
mech

Hey now cookie.
Old 3rd February 2004, 08:44     #59
xruptince

so how about thoughs chickens then?
Old 6th February 2004, 11:14     #60
Rocket

its kinda fucked up how ppl can just steal cars and keep driving them round and not get caught. I was always under the belief that in NZ you pretty much got ownd unless u took it to a chopshop or watever and stripped iot for parts na d burnt it. is this not the case? I have even heard of cops turning up at a propterty where a stolen car was and the guy was even sitting there but it had diferent plates and the cops couldnt do shit. even thou the owner had subdued the crim and rang the cops himself.
Old 6th February 2004, 11:21     #61
Wolf-age

Very angry

Fuck, I dunno about that Rocket.
But if that was the case, VIGALANTE JUSTICE TIME!
Old 6th February 2004, 19:27     #62
#Cookie

When my car was stolen a few years ago, the police recovered it minus the car stereo (2x12" subs, 2 amps, 6xCD and headdeck, component speakers), mags and momo steering wheel..

They got fingerprints from the rear view mirror... They grabbed the guy..

He told the police "some mates picked him up in that car, he didnt know it was stolen... he used to steal cars but he doesnt any more"...

So they LET HIM GO without any charges being laid!...

The guy had a record for car theft a mile long!!!! His finger prints were IN THE CAR!!!
Old 9th February 2004, 15:21     #63
{NT}MoxPearl

typical auckland :P

lol everytime i goto auckland i always see something really dodgy

/enjoys living in wellington

Cookie.. when my car stereo got stolen (2 amps 2 subs Headdie compnents etc) it took the cops like 4 days to get here to take prints which by the time they got there they got nothing :/
Old 10th February 2004, 12:13     #64
Hooker

Quote:
Originally posted by wugambino
Regardless of its _true_ origins it is now recognised as a racial slur, which was used to degrade and humiliate a race of people.

Ni**er and Negro are very different
Actually, when I was in America I was told never to use the term Negro, but Black instead.

But really, nigger is a reference term for Black American, not polynesians...I don't think they have the history to fall back on to find it insulting?

It's cause I is black in'it?
Old 11th February 2004, 13:11     #65
StN
I have detailed files

Shamelessly pulled from here. And I'm sure it's been brought up before:
Quote:
Judge rejects bid on 'nigger' sign
March 20 2002
A bid by an Aboriginal activist to remove the word "nigger" from a football ground grandstand was yesterday thrown out by the nation's highest court.

High Court Justice Mary Gaudron said "nigger" on the sign was no more offensive than the word "pinky" on a cement mixer.

"Let us assume for a moment that I'm 'pink' - and it's not an unreasonable assumption - and I'm offended by a sign that says "Pinky's Porkies", she told a Brisbane sitting of the court.

Justice Gaudron rejected Canberra constitutional barrister Ernst Willheim's submission that there was a link between the "nigger" sign and racism.

The case was brought to court by Stephen Hagan, an ATSIC regional councillor from Toowoomba, west of Brisbane, who has also campaigned unsuccessfully for a ban on the name Coon cheese.

His latest effort relates to Toowoomba Athletics Oval's ES "Nigger" Brown stand, named after Edward Stanley Brown, a 1920s rugby league player.

Mr Brown, who had blond hair and blue eyes, was nicknamed "Nigger" by his team-mates because he used to polish his shoes with "Nigger Brown" polish.
Old 11th February 2004, 13:31     #66
Lightspeed

lol! "Coon cheese".
Old 11th February 2004, 13:53     #67
seen-my-keys?

What do these theives actually plan on doing with this car?

every honda enthusiast, no... almost every car enthusiast is out there keeping an eye out for it.

"Hi.... I would like to sell this one of a kind engine! Its legit, honest!"

"Hi! I would like to sell this custom made, only one in the country body kit!"

I dont get it.

Last edited by seen-my-keys? : 11th February 2004 at 14:01.
Old 11th February 2004, 15:05     #68
Mark98

Heh, you're assuming that all boy...er, "car enthusiasts" are honest and would never consider buying stolen parts...
Old 11th February 2004, 15:49     #69
Wolf-age

Very sad

That's the main problem

Someone probably will buy the hot parts for well under the price, even if they do have a fairly good idea that they are stolen.
Old 12th February 2004, 22:47     #70
Disinformation

Update incase anyone is interested: The car was found burnt out, arrests have been made.

http://www.nzhondas.com/phpBB2/viewt...er=asc&start=0
Old 12th February 2004, 22:55     #71
Lightspeed

Soooo... insurance right?
Old 12th February 2004, 23:07     #72
Disinformation

Quote:
Originally posted by Lightspeed
Soooo... insurance right?
I guess so, his excess is rediculous though