NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 2nd July 2007, 17:16     #1
Hannibal

Very angry Boyracers -> Wake the fuck up.

I'm sitting here working and hear what sounds like a 747 go by my window, then a small 5 second earthquake emanates from down the street (a 50k zone by the way). Then I see several people in the distance frantically running towards a friends house. I can make out a wreck and disaster in their front yard so get scared shitless -their kids hang out in their front yard a lot. Not only that, my wife walks down the same sidewalk to a house further down to teach music, the vehicle flew right over the footpath where she was about 10mins after she was there. I felt like posting this because maybe if even just one "boyracer" sees this and decides to think twice about racing through a quiet neighborhood (and potentially destroying peoples lives ffs!!!), then that's at least something. The other thing that sucks is our friends are nice folks and worked like dogs to renovate the front of their property. Some idiot not only about kills their kids but destroys their property. His vehicle has also slammed into their own car parked in front of the house and it's a potential write off as well. This moron is BEYOND lucky he did not kill someone. I think I've mentioned before these guys racing down my street doing 150-200, guess it was just a matter of time. What can you do? Fucking sucks that people can be this reckless.

Old 2nd July 2007, 17:20     #2
Lat1n0

Holly!!! They are a wee bit extreme!
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:31     #3
MadLep

Impound their cars. Force them to ride 10 year old girls pink bicycles everywhere instead. The ones with ponies on the front.

Locking them up would work also.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:42     #4
Juju
get to da choppa

A ute.

Megaultra boyracer maaaaaaaaaaan.

Edit: Or a Subaru with bullbars... even better.

Last edited by Juju : 2nd July 2007 at 17:45.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:45     #5
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Ummmm, is that a ute?

How old was the guy driving it?
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:47     #6
Hannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
A ute.

Megaultra boyracer maaaaaaaaaaan.
Looks about 17yrs old, was doing around 150 in a 50. Doubt he'll be able to buy that modified 323 after this mess.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:48     #7
Griven

Looks like a one of them "sik as rad" toyota hilux's with the full on go fast trd chrome moly bullbar kit.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:50     #8
Stilgar
Rough Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLep
Impound their cars. Force them to ride 10 year old girls pink bicycles everywhere instead. The ones with ponies on the front.
We need justice like this.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:54     #9
lektronimo

My cum stain has a higher IQ then your average boy racer. Fuck I hate those pimply cunts...
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:56     #10
Juju
get to da choppa

Well it looks like gulf harbour (that V row of houses in the background...), so they're all retard drivers up there anyway.

And utes are difficult to control for inexperienced (read: 17) drivers. Due to often being RWD and having next to no weight on the back.

Im not excusing his driving what so ever. Just annoyed at getting labelled with the same brush because it's the fashionable thing to do.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:59     #11
?>Superman

I'm no Boyracer and it is pretty stink a ute crashed into the fence but Hannibal, you are the one that needs to wake the fuck up.
Old 2nd July 2007, 18:08     #12
{m}

Don't worry, the oil will run out soon and it won't be a problem any more.
Old 2nd July 2007, 18:28     #13
Endymion

Quote:
Originally Posted by {m}
Don't worry, the oil will run out soon and it won't be a problem any more.
Ben Hur was a problem for Rome, and his chariot didn't run on oil.
Old 2nd July 2007, 18:42     #14
Sp0nge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
I'm no Boyracer and it is pretty stink a ute crashed into the fence but Hannibal, you are the one that needs to wake the fuck up.
wtf?

hannibal raises some valid points/issues

all actions have consequences
if you drive at 150k p/h on a 50k area, eventually someone will get hurt
the morons that do this need to be told that
repeatedly...
in the hope that some of it eventually gets through to their thick brain.
Old 2nd July 2007, 18:43     #15
mpx

That sucks, glad no one was hurt.. If you lable a boy racer as being a boy, and a racer.. then I guess you can lable him that, but I know quite a few 'car enthusiests' who are as cautious as the next person. Perhaps it should be "People who can't drive: Wake the fuck up" (Not defending boy racers btw, as a motorcyclist I'd like to see nothing better than them wiping themselves, and no one else, out.)

But anyway, there's more important questions at hand here:

1: You have a wife?
2: Is she hot?

Last edited by mpx : 2nd July 2007 at 18:46.
Old 2nd July 2007, 18:45     #16
Ard Righ

Cuts his nuts off, hang him from the nearest high tree, then take pics

Or even better, tow him along behind a car at 150Km/hr, then let him go flying into the nearest available parked car. Resulting mess should teach him a lesson :P

The fact someone is speeding in a suburban street doesn't make them a boyracer, it just makes them retarded.

ps car enthusiast != boy racer

Last edited by Ard Righ : 2nd July 2007 at 18:47.
Old 2nd July 2007, 18:51     #17
Sp0nge

he was 17 and going twice the speed limit = boy racer + retarded
Old 2nd July 2007, 19:10     #18
fixed_truth

make speeding more serious + drink driving - they're a joke here -something stricter like
- drink & drive = huge fine - 2nd time 3months jail - - - speeding huge fines + impound car to auction if can't pay fines - if repeated excessive speeding = 3 months jail

effectively removing these things from New Zealands driving culture

(i usually prefer education as a way to curve bad behaviour - but there needs to be a real consequence ingrained at the back of peoples mind first)
Old 2nd July 2007, 19:12     #19
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

If a boyracer crashed through my front fence in my presence, he'd be looking at a long stay in hospital regardless of what injuries he sustained in the crash.
Old 2nd July 2007, 19:14     #20
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
(i usually prefer education as a way to curve bad behaviour - but there needs to be a real consequence ingrained at the back of peoples mind first)
Yep
Old 2nd July 2007, 19:14     #21
Juju
get to da choppa

Where the hell are you guys getting this 150kmh thing from?
He mentioned that other people at other times have gone down that road, and Hannibal being Hannibal, at a most likely rather exagerrated stated speed.
Speeding - sure, no doubt. 150kmh? Pull the other one.

Likely accident spot. You make your own decisions.
Old 2nd July 2007, 19:14     #22
Dr McCoy

Dammit Jim! I'm a Doctor, not a boy racer!
Old 2nd July 2007, 19:20     #23
Juju
get to da choppa

....and before you all jump on the b/w, Im not defending this guys ludicrous driving at all. He's lucky with what he got away with, and I hate people driving like that just as much as the rest of you. I have even more reason to dislike his folk because it tarnishes me with the same brush because I have a car with an intercoolerz and magz.
What I am getting at is everyone lapping up all the sensationlist words in Hannibal's post and everyone assuming this guy was going x speed because others have done so before. Reactions like that are what the media love, which is exactly why they focus on articles which get big reactions rather than ones which have somewhat of an importance.

Old 2nd July 2007, 19:31     #24
The Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
Reactions like that are what the media love, which is exactly why they focus on articles which get big reactions rather than ones which have somewhat of an importance.
Things like Paris Hilton?
Old 2nd July 2007, 19:34     #25
NT_VlaD

WTF is a boy racer ?
I hear this a lot but have no idea of what it means ...
Old 2nd July 2007, 19:35     #26
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
If a boyracer crashed through my front fence in my presence, he'd be looking at a long stay in hospital regardless of what injuries he sustained in the crash.
Yeah I was thinking something along the lines of

"Shit you alright mate?"
"Yep"
*THWACK*
"Not any more"
Old 2nd July 2007, 19:41     #27
FireStorm
Holmium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal
Looks about 17yrs old, was doing around 150 in a 50. Doubt he'll be able to buy that modified 323 after this mess.
So where's the pic of the car that did it?
Old 2nd July 2007, 20:11     #28
Hannibal

I've had time to calm down a bit Went back over there when the cops showed so I could bitch about our street being a local drag strip. I can't say for sure how fast he was going, I'd have to say realistically about 130 minimum. He flew past my house redlined (long street downward sloping). I also didn't mention it had just rained and the road was soaking wet (more bonus points for the guy). He went over the centre line, grinding the curb/footpath for a bit, took down about 4 cabbage trees (I think that's what they are called), took out the fence, flipped around backwards slamming into their parked car. *edit- had the parked car not been there he would have easily kept going and ended up clear through the front of their neighbors house..
Going to start the fight to get a speed cam put on the street.

Last edited by Hannibal : 2nd July 2007 at 20:13.
Old 2nd July 2007, 20:47     #29
The Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_VlaD
WTF is a boy racer ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_racer
Old 2nd July 2007, 23:23     #30
JERI

I wish people like this would at least be decent enough to leave others in peace if they really wanna remove their DNA from the gene pool.
Old 2nd July 2007, 23:32     #31
Jonan

How much hassle is it to get speed bumps put in? Or those zig-zag islands you can get.
Old 2nd July 2007, 23:38     #32
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonan
How much hassle is it to get speed bumps put in? Or those zig-zag islands you can get.
The road in question is a main thorough fare... so there's little chance.
Old 2nd July 2007, 23:38     #33
Mr M

pffft - they're not Boy racers, they're 'Car Enthusiasts'.
Old 2nd July 2007, 23:54     #34
BaM
Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
Old 3rd July 2007, 00:14     #35
Eraser

Thumbs down

Once, twice we all been through that 'i got a car I'm da shit' thing.

Third, sentence ( being a labour govt. means a 1 week PD )

Fourth time serious or not, just ding your own car being a boy racer, or rip someone's fense/house apart or crash being a boy racer....

LOP OFF YOUR STUPID HANDS AND FEET RIGHT THE FUCK OFF.

If I had my way, it would be slicing at the neck.

Stupid fucks...sure,teens, blah blah need a couple of real life realities or two to 'learn a lesson'... but this bro boy racer I am so the shit always ends in a death of your/my/someone you know loved one. Not their's or that they care about.

Re-education I am all for, especially when they have no hands and feet to drive with again.

These guy's NEED government or local body intervention. Build a race track or a skid pad for this purpose. $10 entry, legal races and skids ( with helmets and all the kit ), would be a huge success.

How may Murf's or Rat's are out there racing around the streets with no chance of ever coming in contact with the racing community?.....
Old 3rd July 2007, 00:45     #36
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser
Once, twice we all been through that 'i got a car I'm da shit' thing.

Third, sentence ( being a labour govt. means a 1 week PD )

Fourth time serious or not, just ding your own car being a boy racer, or rip someone's fense/house apart or crash being a boy racer....

LOP OFF YOUR STUPID HANDS AND FEET RIGHT THE FUCK OFF.

If I had my way, it would be slicing at the neck.

Stupid fucks...sure,teens, blah blah need a couple of real life realities or two to 'learn a lesson'... but this bro boy racer I am so the shit always ends in a death of your/my/someone you know loved one. Not their's or that they care about.

Re-education I am all for, especially when they have no hands and feet to drive with again.

These guy's NEED government or local body intervention. Build a race track or a skid pad for this purpose. $10 entry, legal races and skids ( with helmets and all the kit ), would be a huge success.

How may Murf's or Rat's are out there racing around the streets with no chance of ever coming in contact with the racing community?.....
Yeah I totally support tracks for racers.

I also support throwing at bor racers as they speed pass.

And my personal fav, making them torch their own cars if they screw up, bring marshmellows kids!
Old 3rd July 2007, 01:02     #37
creepy

i gotta say, i never thought much of speed bumps till I moved to the street I live in now, we have about 6 speed bumps on our street. The bumps are big enough to actually do a little damage your car if you go over them too fast, its great. It really does slow down the cars that come down our street. I would recommend trying for this if its possible.
Old 3rd July 2007, 01:57     #38
DRa1N

Best thing to do with boy racer cars is to take a fucking socket set around town with you and if you see any parked up and no one around undo the sump plug and drain that mother fucking oil. how many of those cunts bother to check their oil daily i wonder?
Old 3rd July 2007, 02:27     #39
Konev

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRa1N
Best thing to do with boy racer cars is to take a fucking socket set around town with you and if you see any parked up and no one around undo the sump plug and drain that mother fucking oil. how many of those cunts bother to check their oil daily i wonder?

i think some no more gaps or gorilla filler into the fart cannon would do wonders as well.

fish guts in the muffler or on it too.
Old 3rd July 2007, 02:39     #40
dead goon

I'm a bit skeptical about the whole race track thing.
Do you think they would still be interested in it if it was all completely legal within a designated area? Or would that kill the whole rebellion aspect of the whole thing. Which I think is a main part of why they do it.

Last edited by dead goon : 3rd July 2007 at 02:40.