NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 3rd January 2004, 19:29     #1
TnT

It's official: Steve Irwin is the stupidest man alive

Just watching the news, and what do I see? But Steve "Crickey He Nearly Took Me Arm Off" Irwin, playing Croc Hunter with a crocodile whilst having his 1 month old son tucked under his arm. It makes Micheal Jackson look like father of the year after he dangled his boy over that balcony. Apparently the Queensland Police are going to prosecute....I hope they do, what a fuckstick.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...908940285.html for the full story of how to be a complete retard.
Old 3rd January 2004, 19:33     #2
Cookie

I'm suprised at the lack of public outcry at this. Michael Jackson does it and everyone freaks because he's creepy looking, Steve Irwin does it and everyone thinks "Bit risky.... pass me a beer, love"

Maybe it's just the Australian "She'll be right" attitude...

Last edited by Cookie : 3rd January 2004 at 19:36.
Old 3rd January 2004, 19:33     #3
Wolf-age

Fuck,

First post!
Old 3rd January 2004, 19:34     #4
Wolf-age

Aw cookie
Old 3rd January 2004, 19:38     #5
flic
Dee Hast Mish

there's more public outcry over something that MAY have happened than when parents actually abuse and kill their kids
just because he's a public figure

What he did wasn't the brightest thing to do but you can't stand there and tell me he doesn't love his kids more than anything else in the world and wouldn't intentionally do anything to harm them.
Old 3rd January 2004, 19:48     #6
Cookie

Thing is, he knows crocodiles like the back of his hand. He knows what they do when they're starting to get agitated, and he knows when they are not safe to be around. He wouldn't get in the enclosure with them without this information, and he certainly wouldn't put his child in danger.

Whereas I'm not too sure how much of a 'gravity expert' Michael Jackson is...
Old 3rd January 2004, 19:56     #7
TnT

Quote:
Originally posted by flic
What he did wasn't the brightest thing to do but you can't stand there and tell me he doesn't love his kids more than anything else in the world and wouldn't intentionally do anything to harm them.
No I can't, but I can call the man a fucking retard for taking a child that can't walk into an incredibly territorial predators enclosure. The guy is a moron, he's already shown that with the way he carries on in his shows, he's now put it beyond all resonable doubt with this latest stunt.
Old 3rd January 2004, 19:56     #8
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie

Whereas I'm not too sure how much of a 'gravity expert' Michael Jackson is...
Judging by his face I wouldn't say he is the best lol
Old 3rd January 2004, 19:57     #9
CCS
Stunt Pants

Didn't see the full article, just the highlights of tv3.

I reckon he could further this. He should tie the child to a long length of rope and let him wander towards the crocs. Just as the crocs widen their jaws and lunge at the bait/child, Steve Irwin YANKS on the rope and pulls him to safety! Imagine the spectacle! The sheer excitement, the anticipation!
Old 3rd January 2004, 19:59     #10
Jonas Undrawing

Michael Jackson invented the moon walk! He knows when it's safe to get high.
Old 3rd January 2004, 20:06     #11
Cookie

I just saw it on the news now, and find it interesting the reactions from the people on the scene on both the Irwin and Jackson occurances...
In Germany, where Michael Jackson put his son over the edge of the balcony, the people below were screaming in terror and fear. There was an immediate outcry.
In Queensland's Australia Zoo, the people were laughing, clapping and cheering on Steve Irwin.

He has apologised, saying that he will do everything he has to do to teach his children crocodile safety, they will be brought up living in the crocodile park, they might aswell learn as they grow, to be comfortable around them.

Last edited by Cookie : 3rd January 2004 at 20:07.
Old 3rd January 2004, 20:14     #12
Reet

Quote:
Originally posted by TnT
The guy is a moron, he's already shown that with the way he carries on in his shows, he's now put it beyond all resonable doubt with this latest stunt.
I think this is contradicted by the simple fact he does this and is still alive. Alive and quite healthy. As someone else said, he knows crocodiles, and he knows what is and isn't a dangerous situation. While I think that was foolish of him, it's not like Jane Smith doing it.
Old 3rd January 2004, 20:35     #13
SepulchraL

Quote:
Originally posted by Reet
I think this is contradicted by the simple fact he does this and is still alive. Alive and quite healthy. As someone else said, he knows crocodiles, and he knows what is and isn't a dangerous situation. While I think that was foolish of him, it's not like Jane Smith doing it.
i'm sure you could say the same thing about Jackson, he knows kids (haw haw)

but seriously, any idiot can dangle a kid over a balcony without dropping it. i can remember my parents doing similar things with me hundreds of times. but when MJ does it, the whole damn worlds up in arms.

this Irwin idiot dangles his baby in front of a cock, and nobody gives a shit, because "he knows crocs" what a load of crap. i know how to dangle a baby over a balcony without dropping it, and i'm sure MJ does too, and i'd say crocs are a shitload more unpredictable then balcony’s are.

my point is: it's no damn excuse.
Old 3rd January 2004, 20:37     #14
Reet

I didn't say it was. I said it was foolish of him. But saying that the way he acts on the show proves he's a moron is a rather flawed judgment call. He knows what he's doing, no doubt about that.
Old 3rd January 2004, 21:18     #15
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally posted by SepulchraL

but seriously, any idiot can dangle a kid over a balcony without dropping it. i can remember my parents doing similar things with me hundreds of times.
well that would explain a few things
Old 3rd January 2004, 21:31     #16
TnT

I never said he wasn't good at what he does, I said he's a moron.

Just to clear it up

Dictionary.com definition
mo·ron ( P ) Pronunciation Key (môrn, mr-)
n.
A stupid person; a dolt.

Collins dictionary definition
n. Very stupid.

Yes, why yes I think Steve Irwin fits that description nicely. A stupid person would take an infant into the enclosure of a predatory animal. I don't care how well he knows crocodiles, they are wild fucking animals and putting your infant child in such close proximity to one of these is STUPID, doltish even.

I think if you want an example of a bad judgment call, or a flawed one even, maybe you should take a look at the photo in the link provided. That right there is a textbook example of a bad or flawed judgement call, me calling someone doing that a moron is not.
Old 3rd January 2004, 21:53     #17
p-b

It's all fun and games until someone loses a 1 Month old baby.
Old 3rd January 2004, 21:53     #18
Wolf-age

Quote:
Originally posted by SepulchraL
this Irwin idiot dangles his baby in front of a cock, and nobody gives a shit, because "he knows cocks" what a load of crap. i know how to dangle a baby over a balcony without dropping it, and i'm sure MJ does too, and i'd say cocks are a shitload more unpredictable then balcony’s are.

my point is: it's no damn excuse.
Old 3rd January 2004, 21:56     #19
The Edge

Laugh

LOL!
Old 3rd January 2004, 21:58     #20
Reet

Quote:
Originally posted by TnT
Yadda yadda.
I have seen the footage. Again, I've said right from the start that taking his kid in there was /foolish/. Why don't you look that up while you're at it? Why are you arguing this point when I /never disagreed/? When I saw it I wondered what the fuck he thought he was doing.

You also said that from what can be seen on his /shows/, none of which involve his child, he is a moron. I disagree. To be able to do what he does he obviously knows a lot about what he's doing, and 'a stupid person' or a 'dolt' would likely be dead before too long doing what he's doing.

I really doubt that he is, in general, a moron. The baby incident was, however, a moronic mistake.
Old 3rd January 2004, 22:08     #21
TD
Anas Latrina

I don't think this is on the same level as what Micheal Jackson did.

Jackson knew what he was doing was wrong and did it anyway for kicks and some more attention from the crowd below.

Steve on the other hand has been around crocodiles and other animals so long that he probably doesn't really see them as dangerious anymore so didn't see the big deal.

Last edited by TD : 3rd January 2004 at 22:12.
Old 3rd January 2004, 22:27     #22
~raVen~
To Hear 1 Must Be Silent

I like steve Irwin...the man is loves his work and puts alot into it....he fucked up, and in hindsite probabaly realises it was not the brighteset thing to do...he's human and makes mistakes...when I was 5 my father let me have a 6ft python draped around my neck....not the same thing but still possibly Dangerous. but noone would condem him

Peaple make mistakes...cut the dude some slack.
Old 3rd January 2004, 22:38     #23
CCS
Stunt Pants

I'm sure Irwins old man did the same thing when young Steve was just a tyke. Familiarise them with crocs at an early age.
Old 3rd January 2004, 23:52     #24
Yautja

Holy crap

Quote:
Originally posted by ~raVen~
...when I was 5 my father let me have a 6ft python draped around my neck....not the same thing but still possibly Dangerous.
This would be more comparable, although it wouldn't be the snake doing the draping . (More pictures, some better ones)

(stolen from /. science)

Last edited by Yautja : 4th January 2004 at 00:03.
Old 4th January 2004, 00:33     #25
samael

Quote:
Originally posted by TnT
I never said he wasn't good at what he does, I said he's a moron.

Just to clear it up

Dictionary.com definition
mo·ron ( P ) Pronunciation Key (môrn, mr-)
n.
A stupid person; a dolt.

Collins dictionary definition
n. Very stupid.

Yes, why yes I think Steve Irwin fits that description nicely. A stupid person would take an infant into the enclosure of a predatory animal.
Well then you could extrapolate that idea, and say only a stupid person would put their babys in a situation where harm may come to them. like putting a baby into a hunk of metal that is travling at 100 km/h.
What is dangorous to you may not be dangurous to others. It may be a stupid idea for YOU to take a baby into a dangurous animals enclosure, but remember its a stupid idea for someone who cant drive to take a baby on a joy-ride around the port hills.
Old 4th January 2004, 01:00     #26
Blazze

Quote:
*cough* Siegfried and Roy *cough*

im sure Roy thought he was pretty safe until he got mauled by a tiger
Old 4th January 2004, 01:27     #27
Moo
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally posted by Blazze

what happened to him anyway? Is he dead or still in hospital/coma?
Old 4th January 2004, 08:17     #28
BathTub

last I saw he was preparing to go home.
Old 4th January 2004, 08:27     #29
Reet

Quote:
Originally posted by Blazze

Likely he did. Animals are unpredictable, and he fucked up. People make mistakes, hence why I think it was a bad idea for Irwin to take his baby into the enclosure. But I still don't think he's a moron in general. Samael has a good point also.
Old 4th January 2004, 09:14     #30
Mr M

Funny.
When your child is in a pram, and your crossing the road, who goes first?
Old 4th January 2004, 09:25     #31
Punisher

not sure if i read everything rite....but i dont see anything that wrong with it.. i mean sure it seems dangerous?..

but he does it for a living etc so to him its not at all?..i dunno hungover ;/
Old 4th January 2004, 09:43     #32
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by TnT
No I can't, but I can call the man a fucking retard for taking a child that can't walk into an incredibly territorial predators enclosure. The guy is a moron, he's already shown that with the way he carries on in his shows, he's now put it beyond all resonable doubt with this latest stunt.
I agree - the guy's a fucking idiot, and this just goes to prove it even more.
Old 4th January 2004, 09:46     #33
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by TD
I don't think this is on the same level as what Micheal Jackson did.

Jackson knew what he was doing was wrong and did it anyway for kicks and some more attention from the crowd below.
I'd say that was the exact same reason Steve "I've got my finger right up its butthole - now its really pissed off" Irwin did it too - attention seeking publicity stunt.
Old 4th January 2004, 10:20     #34
Blazze

Quote:
Originally posted by Moo
what happened to him anyway? Is he dead or still in hospital/coma?

afaik he is alive and recovering now
Old 4th January 2004, 10:41     #35
TnT

Quote:
I really doubt that he is, in general, a moron. The baby incident was, however, a moronic mistake.
Well how about we just agree to disagree then. I've always thought he was an idiot and this just confirms it.

I will leave you with this from the faq on his website

'2. Have you ever been bitten? (top)

I've been injured more times than you can poke a stick at. I've recently had shoulder surgery. Three surgeries on my knee. I've got scar tissue on scar tissue on my hands. But you know, I've never had a real serious bite from any animal. I have never been bitten by a venomous snake or hospitalized. I've taken a few bites from non venomous reptiles but its always been my mistake, not the animal's. '
Old 4th January 2004, 11:04     #36
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Quote:
Originally posted by Yautja
This would be more comparable, although it wouldn't be the snake doing the draping . (More pictures, some better ones)

(stolen from /. science)
3 - 4 dogs a month :O :O :O :O :O
Old 4th January 2004, 15:28     #37
BoyWonder

Wacked

Aside from the fact that there was a crocodile present - am I the only parent here thinking "that's not how you hold a 1 month old baby!!! Ever heard of supporting it's head?"
Old 4th January 2004, 15:30     #38
p-b

Not to mention the shaking around.
Old 4th January 2004, 15:34     #39
CCS
Stunt Pants

THE CROCODILE TOOK MY BABY!
Old 4th January 2004, 15:40     #40
Jonas Undrawing

Good point Boywonder.

Also, I saw Foxnews last night on prime. You know, its that televised coffee group, and they talk about all sorts of shit like their opinion matters. They were getting their money's worth by playing the Steve Irwin video over and over and over while they ripped into him. And one of the Foxnews motherfuckers said "I'm so sick of his act. That fake enthusiasm and..." (He didn't finish his sentence. Actually, its very rare that a sentence or point or discussion does get finished on Foxnews.)

Anyway, i dont think anything could be further from the truth. I agree with what Baboo said. It's obvious Steve Irwin loves his job. US maybe be accustomed to people faking it, and may believe its not possible to enjoy your job. But its a damn shame they can't let him freely share his love for nature without them picking his "act" apart. Burn the buggers!

Last edited by Jonas Undrawing : 4th January 2004 at 15:54.