NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > ISP and Telco discussion
User Name
Password

Old 20th May 2007, 22:34     #1
surreal

Angry talking Vodafone balance going missing

Was kinda surprised yesterday to discover my vodafone prepay balance had hit $0.00 when I was really expecting a massive $5-10 to be in there.

Called up customer service and asked a girl if she could help explain where my money had gone - she took about 5 minutes to work out that she couldn't tell me for another 2 hours and their system had updated.

Called back later on and explained the same thing to a guy, I mentioned I thought I had $5-7 (perhaps I was expecting more, but meh), stayed on hold then for almost 15 minutes all up, to discover that he couldn't work out where my money had gone, his supervisor couldn't either.
He offered to credit me $7, and I guess I'm not a skilled complainer cause I accepted that, even though i was probably owed more, and I wasted 20 minutes of time dealing with their fuckup.

In reality i'm a stingy ass low-profit customer for them, but I would like to share my annoyance with other vodafone customers - and definitely warn others to keep track of your balance lest the thieving vodafone gremlins take it...
Old 20th May 2007, 22:57     #2
The Edge

I realise you're on Prepay, but it may be related to the changes they are making behind the scenes (which are supposedly only meant to affect On-Account customers).

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/personal/help/pit-stop.jsp
Old 21st May 2007, 02:34     #3
MoP

I'll add my 2c and say that I can't top up via CC online now, as my details have disappeared from my profile, which now somehow contains information that's at least 5 years old in it...

Idiot on the helpdesk didn't know what I was on about either... will try them again later when I can muster the energy...
Old 21st May 2007, 13:11     #4
[KzN]Tangy

u sure u not texting 021 numbers which are actually old 021 customers who have changed to telescum ?? i know a few people been caught out by this
Old 21st May 2007, 13:56     #5
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoP
I'll add my 2c and say that I can't top up via CC online now, as my details have disappeared from my profile, which now somehow contains information that's at least 5 years old in it...

Idiot on the helpdesk didn't know what I was on about either... will try them again later when I can muster the energy...
I have the exact same problem. But haven't been fucked calling them.
Old 21st May 2007, 14:07     #6
Logik
Mate, feed, kill, repeat

So, what you are trying to say is that you're on Vodafone prepay and you received some money back?

If only I could figure out some kind of joke to make here... but nothing comes to mind.
Old 21st May 2007, 15:17     #7
MadMax
Stuff

^ it's a heads up that there's something wrong with their billing system.

vodafone was in the news recently over a billing issue.
Old 21st May 2007, 18:59     #8
zeekiorage

How do people keep track of their balance when they are on prepay? Is there like a online call list/bill or something or just manually check the balance after each call?
Old 21st May 2007, 21:36     #9
surreal

I'm a careful phone spender so was definitely alert to money somehow disappearing in the last few weeks since I checked my balance.

On prepay there is only the ability to check your current balance, no online details (Although I suspect other operators have this so it would be nice).

Recent account changes are strange though... lost my online profile too, which suggests I should be able to fill it out again for $10 credit. Maybe I should try that now
Old 29th May 2007, 13:29     #10
shootme

I have just got my Visa bill (which i use to top up my pre-pay via Vodafones web site) and found two debits for each day i did a topup.

Anyone else having this problem of double charging?

Have tried to call the 0800 number but overloaded.
Old 30th May 2007, 01:34     #11
[BT]MikeMan

Welcome to Vodafone's SIX WEEK upgrade on their billing system.

17th of May to 30th of June.

GG IBM.
Old 30th May 2007, 14:01     #12
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

fark - do get me starting on CCs and vodafone...
we changed CCs a wee while back (Nov06) and they still haven't got it loaded correctly for VCC payments (one-offs by ringing 777 is ok, but not VCCs).... latest attempt has been delayed due to this upgrade - fucking long downtime for an upgrade