Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Third time lucky Tony?
http://www.3news.co.nz/News/Tony-Vei...7/Default.aspx

Apparently not.
Old 18th April 2009, 19:28     #122
StN
I have detailed files

About fucking 8th time failure from what the his wife said.

Yes Tony - Fucking failure.

/waits for him to blame Dame Susan...
Old 18th April 2009, 20:21     #123
xor

epic fail
Old 18th April 2009, 20:24     #124
Hurtuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
About fucking 8th time failure from what the his wife said.

Yes Tony - Fucking failure.

/waits for him to blame Dame Susan...
stone cold rofl
Old 18th April 2009, 23:02     #125
The Edge

He tried to kill himself again? I thought he would have been relieved now the court case is over.
Where is his wife? Why isn't she standing by him??
Old 18th April 2009, 23:18     #126
Mickey

If he wanted to kill himself then he would be dead by now. How much attention does the guy want?
Old 18th April 2009, 23:24     #127
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

I know Ngaruawahia is a shithole, but I don't think stopping there constitutes a suicide attempt.
Old 18th April 2009, 23:26     #128
cyc
Objection!

Heh, messing with Judge Doogue? One would hope, for Mr Grieve QC's sake, that he didn't know that Susan Devoy's letter was doctored
Old 18th April 2009, 23:27     #129
CCS
Stunt Pants

Dude needs to be put on a shitload of hardcore lithium or something.
Old 18th April 2009, 23:32     #130
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
If he wanted to kill himself then he would be dead by now. How much attention does the guy want?
I think you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 18th April 2009, 23:35     #131
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
Either way he should be left alone - he either comes back a few hours later or he doesn't.
Old 19th April 2009, 09:18     #132
Macca@Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wugambino
I know Ngaruawahia is a shithole, but I don't think stopping there constitutes a suicide attempt.
Unless his car ran out out of gas.Seriously though I concur with others.If he really wanted to commit suicide he would have achieved this long ago.
If the guy can't live anymore chances are he is morally at odds with himself and needs help.Or he could have alleviated his conscience and just said
"yes your honour I committed an act of violence against my ex, I plead guilty.
What is the sentence?"
Old 19th April 2009, 09:19     #133
Macca@Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I think you don't know what you're talking about.
I don't think you do either.
Old 19th April 2009, 09:19     #134
blynk

From my POV. A character reference is a character reference.
I don't know why all there is so much up in arms about the fact that they wrote a character reference so he could get his passport back but they used it in court.
What, do peoples opinions change depending what it is for. Would someone give a beautiful heartfelt speech at a wedding about a person, but then in as a reference for a job say the total opposite?
Old 19th April 2009, 09:54     #135
Hotstuff

blynk part of at least one letter was altered, which amounts to deception of the court (cyc would know the proper term).
Old 19th April 2009, 10:26     #136
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Geez, six police cars and a helicopter to search for one missing celebrity. If it was anyone else all they would have got would be some "we have to wait 24 hours" bullshit.
Old 19th April 2009, 10:39     #137
xor

Why would they wait 24hours when they know he is mentally unstable?

Mickey/Macca: You guys have some shit attitudes eh. How about Tony just has a cup of Man and stfu eh? Fucken internet superdorks
Old 19th April 2009, 10:54     #138
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
From my POV. A character reference is a character reference.
I agree. A couple of well known people have now learned that this is pretty close to true too.

IMO: Being willing to claim that a person is a fine and upstanding individual in private but being unwilling to claim the same in public points to nothing other than a complete lack of integrity. All those who were involved needed to say was "I'd not expected what I'd written to be used like this, but I absolutely stand by what I've written"; of course this hasn't happened. These people's integrities are now rubbished and thus their character references should be ignored.

There have been countless examples of "famous" people being caught out endorsing things that they simply don't understand. Really, all that happened here is a repeat of the same old story - an IQ test has been administered and the score coming back was pretty ordinary.

People who make Judge are smart. I'd be surprised indeed if any were stupid enough to rely heavily on character references from people whose only claim to credibility is that they're well known.
Old 19th April 2009, 11:34     #139
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca@Work
I don't think you do either.
I think I know more than most here. Not necessarily about Vietch's situation, but certainly about depression and mental health.
Old 19th April 2009, 11:41     #140
Macca@Work

Touche'.
The general understanding of suicide is down to one of two possibilities:
1:"I'M GONNA KILL MYSELF I'M EMMO AHHHH>>>!!" This is done once every 3-4 weeks.<-Vietch
2:You wake up to find some one has gassed him/herself or overdosed on pills etc.This is only done once.<- The poor bastards who really needed help.
1 displays intent,1 displays purpose.Spot the difference.

I guess the point I am trying to deliver is most people who want to genuinely
terminate their lives don't grandstand about it.

Last edited by Macca@Work : 19th April 2009 at 11:44.
Old 19th April 2009, 11:50     #141
Lightspeed

"I guess the point I am trying to deliver is most people who want to genuinely terminate their lives don't grandstand about it."

What are you basing this on? Option 1 you speak of is a typical symptom of Major Depression. Killing yourself from a psychological perspective isn't easy. Just because a person wants to die, it doesn't mean that it's easy to do it.
Old 19th April 2009, 12:09     #142
Macca@Work

1 displays intent,1 displays purpose.Spot the difference.
A large number of suicides occur and the Family/friends had no idea they were :going to do it because they seemed fine /seemed happy/were doing well at school/work etc.Look if you're in the mental health sector then that's fine I'll shut the fuck up.I'm basing these observations on my own life,the lives of others I have known as well as mental health professionals I have talked too.
Yes people do display suicidal tendancies.I just think in Vietches' case he has manipulated his personal circumstances to engender sympathy.
Old 19th April 2009, 12:12     #143
herp

jesus.
Old 19th April 2009, 12:45     #144
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2345...hs-suicide-bid

"Last night, Veitch's distraught wife Zoe issued a plea for the media and public to "back off" her husband."

I'm only vaguely following this story, but hasn't Veitch spoken to at least 3 separate tv programs since his sentence? The 3 being Campbell Live, Close Up, and Sunday? Am I missing something? If Veitch wanted this all to disappear then he should have shut the hell up and not made any public statements whatsoever. Cry me a fucking river.

Edit - and here's an interesting editorial I just found, "How Veitch courted the press"

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2345...rted-the-press

Last edited by chiquelet : 19th April 2009 at 12:48.
Old 19th April 2009, 12:51     #145
Macca@Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Why would they wait 24hours when they know he is mentally unstable?

Mickey/Macca: You guys have some shit attitudes eh. How about Tony just has a cup of Man and stfu eh? Fucken internet superdorks

Please read post properly before engaging judgement button.
Old 19th April 2009, 13:23     #146
tarzan007

chiquelet - I think he appeared on all the current affairs shows to try and show his side of the story, but then with all the other developments after that its obviously got out of hand for him again.

I feel sorry for the bloke. Not saying what he did was right, it was far from it, but the way he has been scrutinised and punished throught the media. And he was totally right that none of the media used "allegedly" in any of their commentary on the case. In some ways it might have even been better for him to go to jail, spend some time there, let it die down and then he would at least have a clean slate (of sorts).
Old 19th April 2009, 13:36     #147
Macca@Work

But this is the catch 22 of the whole saga.The media hassled the crap out of him,yet he manipulated the media for his own ends.He manipulated famous people to go to bat for him so he wouldn't have to go to jail.
If it was your every day joe bloggs who did the same thing they would be jailed for commiting a violent act.
Old 19th April 2009, 15:00     #148
Pastor Thug
The Man... The Movie...

He's pathetic on so many different levels.
I hope he doesn't succeed in killing himself because the resulting bullshit around 'the media killed him etc' would be more painful than his half-arsed attempts at taking responsibility for his actions.
Old 19th April 2009, 15:02     #149
Lightspeed

Quote:
If it was your every day joe bloggs who did the same thing they would be jailed for commiting a violent act.
You don't know that at all, unless you have access to statics of penalties imposed on those convicted of domestic violence.
Old 19th April 2009, 15:17     #150
Macca@Work

yup ok Lightspeed.Say hi to lalaland for me.
Old 19th April 2009, 15:22     #151
CCS
Stunt Pants

I tend to agree with Lightspeed on this (perhaps that is foolish). It seems that it takes a lot to get sent to jail. I doubt that Veitch was given special treatment by the judge.
Old 19th April 2009, 16:02     #152
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
Geez, six police cars and a helicopter to search for one missing celebrity. If it was anyone else all they would have got would be some "we have to wait 24 hours" bullshit.
Put yourself in the position of the police, if they didn't go all out to find him, and he ended up doing himself in, then the media would blame the police, and there would be a shitstorm for them.

I would say they (the police) probably thought "we're damned if we do and damned if we dont" so they chose the safer option.
Old 19th April 2009, 16:11     #153
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by herp
jesus.
i trust in you
Old 19th April 2009, 16:11     #154
Lightspeed

Quote:
yup ok Lightspeed.Say hi to lalaland for me.
If that's where statistics and facts are accepted over assumptions and bias, sure.
Old 19th April 2009, 17:17     #155
Macca@Work

Quote:
If that's where statistics and facts are accepted over assumptions and bias, sure.
Well thats 75% of NZGames taken care of.Next.
Old 19th April 2009, 19:10     #156
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Not that I don't support the making of conclusion based on evidence but this coming from you, Lightspeed, is just LOLTASTIC.
Old 19th April 2009, 19:22     #157
CCS
Stunt Pants

Tell us, cyc, in your experience is the sentence Veitch got more or less the norm for that kind of assault?
Old 19th April 2009, 19:23     #158
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Not that I don't support the making of conclusion based on evidence but this coming from you, Lightspeed, is just LOLTASTIC.
Huh. I never expected a reply like this to my post.
Old 21st May 2009, 16:01     #159
Hurtuso

Police evidence against Tony Veitch released

this horse can take a few more - yep, here's some more about him.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10573463

According to the original police summary of facts, these other alleged assaults included Veitch:

- Forcing her against wall and kicking her leg several times at her Orakei home.

- Throwing Dunne-Powell onto a bed at the Stables Cottages in Northland. Veitch punched a wall, leaving a hole which needed repairs.

- Throwing her onto a bed and pinning her down in a Novotel hotel room in Rotorua after Veitch MCed an event.

- Chasing her upstairs at his St Heliers home, cornering her, then kicking her so hard she was unable to walk.

- Pinning her to the bed and punching her in the torso at his home.

- Grabbing her arms leaving bruises, then kicking her legs at his home.
Old 21st May 2009, 16:46     #160
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

He likes kicking, who can blame him? It gets the job done.