Password

Old 5th January 2007, 05:06     #121
Juju
get to da choppa

Wacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiepo
In that photo no as I don't know what I am looking for

So you're arguing over something that you admittidly don't recognise...
Old 5th January 2007, 09:52     #122
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryocore
wel I guess my suckibility at photoshop is maxxed here, as it looks real to me. i'll admit im wrong, but could you point out where its obvious.. as I want to know.

I thought the whole "im a retard and i hacked up my vid card" was all buillshit, but I just figured the guy had a dead card and butchered it for shits and giggles.
fuckstick

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 5th January 2007, 10:25     #123
darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
That's gotta be the dumbest place to have a pod filter... For fuck's sake one mud puddle and your airflow would be 0.

And the mesh over the rear wheels would be perfect for chucking mud right up the armpits of the passenger...

edit: Ah every time I look I see more retardedness, not gonna bother.
Haven't you seen that before?

dude built that here in nz a couple years back. full on wrx powered quad bike. ltsa won't cert it though for some reason or another.

it was more a proof of concept kinda thing though.
Old 5th January 2007, 12:42     #124
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness
ltsa won't cert it though for some reason or another.
With the rate people kill themselves with a 10HP farm quad, I'm not surprised they didn't want that thing on the road.
Old 5th January 2007, 15:02     #125
Jamiepo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
So you're arguing over something that you admittidly don't recognise...
There was no argument, I was simply asking what it was and all I got back were snide retarded replies. (and I still don't know what it is)
Old 5th January 2007, 16:12     #126
xor

you can tell she isn't enjoying that
Old 5th January 2007, 16:13     #127
Simon
SHG

I'm putting this thread out of my misery

Quote:
There was no argument, I was simply asking what it was and all I got back were snide retarded replies. (and I still don't know what it is)
Jesus H. Skullfucking Zombie Ninja Christ, it's a dolphin. Aside from the fact that anyone who can tell a dog from a cat should be able to tell it's a dolphin, not a shark, it's one of the most well-known pictures on the entire fucking Internet -- it's got its own Snopes page for fuck's sake.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/surfer.asp
Old 5th January 2007, 17:59     #128
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
Jesus H. Skullfucking Zombie Ninja Christ, it's a dolphin. Aside from the fact that anyone who can tell a dog from a cat should be able to tell it's a dolphin, not a shark, it's one of the most well-known pictures on the entire fucking Internet -- it's got its own Snopes page for fuck's sake.

ObTYOs: I dont understand have we got a video or not?
Old 5th January 2007, 18:06     #129
Jamiepo

Cheers Simon, it's good to finally know that it was infasct a shark, you could have just said that at the start.
Old 5th January 2007, 18:13     #130
darkness

Rolling eyes

Quote:
Aside from the fact that anyone who can tell a dog from a cat should be able to tell it's a dolphin, NOT a shark
Quote:
Cheers Simon, it's good to finally know that it was infasct a shark, you could have just said that at the start.
people who don't read are funny.
Old 5th January 2007, 18:22     #131
Jamiepo

Don't read what??? It's obvious from the picture that its a shark.
Old 5th January 2007, 18:25     #132
darkness

Quote:
Don't read what??? It's obvious from the picture that its a shark.
as many people have stated before and as the link explains. It's a dolphin.

go on say it with me.....

Dolphin.......

So there you go, you learned something new today. Must've been a first.
Old 5th January 2007, 18:26     #133
Foggerty

Lol! A most obvious, but still effective Troll
Old 5th January 2007, 18:40     #134
Jamiepo

Laugh Pic of the day

mmmmm I'm so hungry
Old 5th January 2007, 19:10     #135
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggerty
Lol! A most obvious, but still effective Troll
!
you're alive!!
Old 5th January 2007, 20:00     #136
StN
I have detailed files

What - is it an nVidia Dolphin , or Hefner Shark?
Old 5th January 2007, 21:41     #137
caffiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor

you can tell she isn't enjoying that
Is that Carmen Electra?

Soo...... that must be Dave Navarro, right?
Old 5th January 2007, 23:57     #138
crocos

Should print a few pads of this off and wander around town late one Friday night...

Old 6th January 2007, 11:34     #139
Stalk3r

Crocos wins comedy goldmine
Old 8th January 2007, 10:50     #140
Evilmonkey

Quote:

Yeh cause you 'knew' it was a dolphin just from that pic. I remember when it first started circulating and 'experts' were speculating both ways, then more pics etc came out and it was easy to CONFIRM.
Old 8th January 2007, 11:07     #141
Cynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmonkey
Yeh cause you 'knew' it was a dolphin just from that pic. I remember when it first started circulating and 'experts' were speculating both ways, then more pics etc came out and it was easy to CONFIRM.

It doesn't have a second dorsal fin.

Further, before you argue about a distortion in the water being a second dorsal fin - if it were at the right angle to see it, we should also be able to see the pelvic and anal fins, which aren't present either.

It's not a shark. It's a simple observation, even for a layman like me.
Old 8th January 2007, 11:22     #142
cEvin
Love In Vein

Old 8th January 2007, 11:31     #143
Cynos

Argh, can an admin/mod hax my post please.
Old 8th January 2007, 11:42     #144
Evilmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynos
It doesn't have a second dorsal fin.

Further, before you argue about a distortion in the water being a second dorsal fin - if it were at the right angle to see it, we should also be able to see the pelvic and anal fins, which aren't present either.

It's not a shark. It's a simple observation, even for a layman like me.
Yeh but did you have to google to find that out? Bring up some of the ancient threads on this pic and you will find many arguements both ways that all are pretty valid, you really do need to see the extra pics to confirm it. Not all sharks have a second dorsal fin.
Old 8th January 2007, 11:50     #145
Reformed_Quint

LOL IT HAS ANAL ON IT!
Old 8th January 2007, 12:50     #146
Cynos

Quote:
Yeh but did you have to google to find that out?
When I first saw the picture (i.e., the office-forward-to-everyone email), yes. But then I generally research stuff before forming opinions, I have a pathological need to be right, so I don't consider it unusual.

Quote:
Not all sharks have a second dorsal fin.
As far as I know, all members of the order Galea do - it's the weirder ones from Squalea that don't. I found this is a real good site:
http://www.elasmo-research.org/educa...#galea_squalea

For example of a member of Squalea:
[img]http://www.elasmo-research.org/education/color_illos/broadhead_sevengill_c.gif/img]

You'll find it is the anal fins that are more variable. But something that doesn't vary in sharks is the pelvic fins - they all have them, dolphins don't.

Last edited by Cynos : 8th January 2007 at 12:52.
Old 8th January 2007, 13:04     #147
Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
LOL IT HAS ANAL ON IT!
Old 8th January 2007, 15:33     #148
CCS
Stunt Pants

Jeez Cynos, you're a real nerd.
Old 8th January 2007, 19:02     #149
Cynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Jeez Cynos, you're a real nerd.
Fully, it's how I get my kicks. I program for fun too. Don't watch Star Trek but.

Thanks to admin/mod for the hax btw.
Old 8th January 2007, 19:21     #150
Hotstuff

Well I thought it was a shark when I saw the original reaction to the pic by jamiepo. It's just not how dolphins normally appear. I've seen them quite a few times while sailing or on ships and they're always coming OUT of the wave, swimming in the direction the wave is going.

This shark-like creature is swimming ALONG the wave... mind you the only time I've ever seen sharks in the ocean, is with their dorsal fin poking out and that's about all that is visible.
Old 8th January 2007, 20:29     #151
crocos

Ya know, and here's me thinking the easiest way to tell was that it didn't have an upright tail-fin. Generally sharks have a side-to-side moving tail, unless they're of the small weird breeds that don't come anywhere near as big as that photo. Hell - even most of them are side-to-side (eg: skates - a near relative)

PS: Cynos, cheers for that link - that site has given me my new sig

Last edited by crocos : 8th January 2007 at 20:33.
Old 9th January 2007, 09:45     #152
Cynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Ya know, and here's me thinking the easiest way to tell was that it didn't have an upright tail-fin
Yeah, but you know someone's going to argue that it's just a funny angle, so cut 'em off at the knees.
Old 9th January 2007, 12:48     #153
Evilmonkey

Quote:
When I first saw the picture (i.e., the office-forward-to-everyone email), yes. But then I generally research stuff before forming opinions, I have a pathological need to be right, so I don't consider it unusual.

As far as I know, all members of the order Galea do - it's the weirder ones from Squalea that don't. I found this is a real good site:
http://www.elasmo-research.org/educa...#galea_squalea

For example of a member of Squalea:
[img]http://www.elasmo-research.org/education/color_illos/broadhead_sevengill_c.gif/img]

You'll find it is the anal fins that are more variable. But something that doesn't vary in sharks is the pelvic fins - they all have them, dolphins don't.
I'm no shark nerd nor did I read that link, but I did look at it. And yeh it has a pic of a Galea shark with no or next to no secondary dorsal?

Crocos go read some of the ancient threads findable on google ( I assume they still exist). Basically for every point you can think of someone has a valid counterpoint with regards to that photo. Photographers and all sorts of 'experts' have a go at it.

To me that tail looks impossible to tell for sure which way it is facing. Who knows what angle that dolphin is on it could easily hide a second fin. Any slight ripple could enhance bend or create any illusion. But please continue with your great logic .
Old 9th January 2007, 13:20     #154
Cynos

Quote:
To me that tail looks impossible to tell for sure which way it is facing. Who knows what angle that dolphin is on it could easily hide a second fin. Any slight ripple could enhance bend or create any illusion. But please continue with your great logic
Summary. No second dorsal fin. No anal fins. No pelvic fins. It's not a shark.
Old 9th January 2007, 14:29     #155
caffiend

This thread has officially...

+ +
Old 9th January 2007, 14:38     #156
Evilmonkey

Quote:
Summary. No second dorsal fin. No anal fins. No pelvic fins. It's not a shark.

Summary, Cynos has super x-ray vision that can see through objects thus allowing him to see something that is under an object when viewed from above, even in PHOTO's! Hence why it is called super x-ray and not just ordinary x-ray vision.

Cynos has never seen the ocean or any body of water that contains waves or ripples. Water namely curved/rippled dirty water does not create illusions and misconceptions. Therefor the animal is clearly way to big to be a dolphin.

He also has a ability to prove himself wrong by posting links contradictioning his observations then blindly ignoring the fact he has just done so.

Blown up pixelated photos show maximum clarity.

As the dolphin pictured does not have a bottle shapped nose it must infact be a shark or perhaps a porpis?

The surfer 'dude' in the photo is clearly a women only Cynos knows this as he has SUPER x-ray vision and can see her boobies.
Old 9th January 2007, 14:44     #157
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Rolling eyes

Oh, for fucks sake ...
Old 9th January 2007, 14:53     #158
TnT

Wait, wait, wait, the Fonz jumped a dolphin?
Old 9th January 2007, 14:55     #159
caffiend

How about some more pics, like this one:

Old 9th January 2007, 14:56     #160
Ezekiel 25:17

All I know is that if I was that surfer - I be getting the fuck out of the water. You could tell me it was a dolfin all you wont but I won't be sticking around to check!