Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 7th July 2005, 22:35     #1
Logik
Mate, feed, kill, repeat

Viaduct Resturants

I've seen the other resturant threads but was wondering about resturants just in the viaduct - I have been to Portafinos and it was ok, but I have never been to any of the other places.

Something semi-romantic would be nice . Soul looks good, but I'm having a hard time trying to get a feel for the sort of food they serve.

What do you guys think?
Old 7th July 2005, 22:38     #2
Lat1n0

Wild Fire which offers typical Brazilian rodisio (which means 7 or 8 different ypes of meats)
Old 7th July 2005, 22:41     #3
nostrom0

Quote:
Originally posted by Lat1n0
Wild Fire which offers typical Brazilian rodisio (which means 7 or 8 different ypes of meats)
I read this the other day.
Old 8th July 2005, 15:53     #4
dinks

Soul, does fish and pasta dishes mainly. It's got a pretty good wine list and if you can get seated inside it's quite nice.

http://www.menus.co.nz/soulbar/index.html?RID=152

Portafino is ok, but it's your bog standard italian restaurant again. Much the same as anywhere else you would go.

Euro has pretty amazing food, but the atmosphere is loud. Not the best place for a romantic dinner.

The stone grill on the corner also has great food, with unique appeal, but they have a dance floor under the tables and then a bar under that. But it's dark, and they have booths which can be cosy.

Oh and if you want it to be romantic, then don't go to wildfire. That's better with a group of mates that are keen on the meats of evil.

Any particular reason you are looking at the viaduct?

Last edited by dinks : 8th July 2005 at 15:55.
Old 8th July 2005, 16:02     #5
xor

If you wanna burn a whole in your wallet then i would recommend Soul.
Wild Fire is meh. Wait a minute, the viaduct is meh!
Old 8th July 2005, 16:33     #6
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Thumbs up

Cin Cins is win.
Old 8th July 2005, 16:37     #7
DMZ_Chainsaw

I use http://www.dineout.co.nz/ to check on restaurant reviews by diners.
Old 8th July 2005, 17:00     #8
Logik
Mate, feed, kill, repeat

Quote:
Originally posted by dinks
Soul, does fish and pasta dishes mainly. It's got a pretty good wine list and if you can get seated inside it's quite nice.

http://www.menus.co.nz/soulbar/index.html?RID=152

Portafino is ok, but it's your bog standard italian restaurant again. Much the same as anywhere else you would go.

Euro has pretty amazing food, but the atmosphere is loud. Not the best place for a romantic dinner.

The stone grill on the corner also has great food, with unique appeal, but they have a dance floor under the tables and then a bar under that. But it's dark, and they have booths which can be cosy.

Oh and if you want it to be romantic, then don't go to wildfire. That's better with a group of mates that are keen on the meats of evil.

Any particular reason you are looking at the viaduct?
Cheers for that - the stone grill sounds nice. I chose the viaduct because the person I'm taking wants to go clubbing in the viaduct straight after and I thought it would be nice if we were right there. Now that you mention it I should probably be looking at the whole CBD - the viaduct is only a two minute taxi ride away :P
Old 8th July 2005, 17:08     #9
xor

What clubs are on the Viaduct that are worth going to?
Old 8th July 2005, 17:20     #10
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Cheesy grin

Auckland suxx
Old 8th July 2005, 17:23     #11
Logik
Mate, feed, kill, repeat

Quote:
Originally posted by xor
None really. Some of them are alright if you get there early but after about 11pm they just become full of boppers and thugs. Waterfront and Loaded Hog are always full.

I've always thought Chic was a cool place for a couple of drinks (it's just a small bar). The bed/large couch thing is cool :D
Old 8th July 2005, 17:32     #12
xor

Cunning linguist

I think you should go to Gina's on Symond st for dinner, buy a bottle of wine and take it from there. The viaduct sux and is filled with sleazy fucks like Snow
Old 11th July 2005, 10:02     #13
EvilLumpy

I must second the vote for Euro's amazing food.

So good.
Old 11th July 2005, 10:07     #14
[WanG] Wandarah

Quote:
Originally posted by xor
*giggle*