Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 4th November 2003, 22:57     #201
Insanity

Quote:
Originally posted by HeMan
Hmmm, here's a question for the anti-evolutionists to answer. If god created man and woman, why the fuck were men given nipples?!
Even I know the answer to that one~!

God works in mysterious ways.
Old 4th November 2003, 23:14     #202
Lightspeed

Quote:
Hmmm, here's a question for the anti-evolutionists to answer. If god created man and woman, why the fuck were men given nipples?!
The same reason we have a belly button? Maybe Adam didn't have nipples?
Old 4th November 2003, 23:22     #203
curses

Quote:
Originally posted by Insanity
God works in mysterious ways.
lol

suck it evolutionists!
Old 4th November 2003, 23:57     #204
ilk

Quote:
Originally posted by pkp|ex
What you are describing only removes genetic information.

I get the feeling this fucker still has me ignored. Can someone quote this and change the name to "Guy secretly agreeing with PK".

Of course it removes genetic information, Mr "I think by linking images of God fondling me in my head". Genetic information is put into the system by the quasi-random process mutation. In the long run, bad information is removed while good information remains. Do you dispute that this description of evolution makes sense? What is your alternate view, and by what mechanism did it occur? You may think that faith in the face of overwhelming evidence against it is noble in some way, but in fact it is just retarded.
Old 5th November 2003, 00:05     #205
curses

Quote:
Originally posted by Guy secretly agreeing with PK
Of course it removes genetic information, Mr "I think by linking images of God fondling me in my head". Genetic information is put into the system by the quasi-random process mutation. In the long run, bad information is removed while good information remains. Do you dispute that this description of evolution makes sense? What is your alternate view, and by what mechanism did it occur? You may think that faith in the face of overwhelming evidence against it is noble in some way, but in fact it is just retarded.
word
Old 5th November 2003, 00:25     #206
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally posted by curses
word
to your mother.
Old 5th November 2003, 00:26     #207
RocketBoy

Its just scientific theory

We all know how the world was flat...and how earth was the center of the universe.

Things will change in a couple of hundred years.
Old 5th November 2003, 00:36     #208
curses

Quote:
Originally posted by RocketBoy
Its just scientific theory

We all know how the world was flat...and how earth was the center of the universe.

Things will change in a couple of hundred years.
everywhere is the centre of the universe, the earth included...
Old 5th November 2003, 08:23     #209
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

This thread has inspired me to get a firearm license.
Old 5th November 2003, 08:38     #210
Lightspeed

Come on, are you seriously saying there is anything new in this thread, Whip?

One of the things every human must cope with in life is isolation. Noone is ever going to know you like you nor are they going to be able to completely appreciate why you believe what you believe. And some are going to be completely puzzled about why you believe what you believe.

Of course, only you can give yourself the right to decide that it's acceptable to think your beliefs are better then anyone else... if popular opinion is on your side... well, it's once again up to you to decide what that means to you.

Another thing everyone must cope with is death and that lack of obvious and inherent meaning to life... which is why you get threads like these.
Old 5th November 2003, 10:33     #211
pkp|ex

Quote:
Good question I guess. I dont know if they serve any purpose or not, But if they are idle, then I guess it might be due to design efficiency, to save code useage or such like.

You could ask the same question of evolution too.
Old 5th November 2003, 10:37     #212
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Men have nipples because the the base template for a human being is the female. Since guys sort of lose out on that extra 'limb' of a chromosome ( XY instead of a XX) we turn out slightly different and have a wang and all that.

Kind of funny that science has shown that the base is female, wheras the bible said the opposite

Just stoking the fire ... mwahaha
Old 5th November 2003, 12:37     #213
Macca
Productive Member of Society

well your not stoking it very well my man..
at a certain stage of developement ,you can't determine the sex because what could be a penis may very well turn out to be a clitoris (Sorry Legions Of Spokeswomen For The Vagina,but I had to use that word..)
Modeled on a woman? Puh-lease..
Old 5th November 2003, 13:10     #214
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Sad

http://www.sciam.com/askexpert_quest...3B809EC588EEDF

"In a now-famous paper, Stephen Jay Gould and Richard C. Lewontin emphasize that we should not immediately assume that every trait has an adaptive explanation. Just as the spandrels of St. Mark's domed cathedral in Venice are simply an architectural consequence of the meeting of a vaulted ceiling with its supporting pillars, the presence of nipples in male mammals is a genetic architectural by-product of nipples in females. So, why do men have nipples? Because females do."

Technically, we start off with both plumbing. The autosomes give us the nipples and the sex hormones either make them work or not.

From what I read and studied, XX (women) is a whole pair wheras XY is essentially missing instructions as opposed to XY being a whole and XX having 'extra'. When you look at it that way, the female sex is essentially the template.

So puh-lease yourself, asswrench
Old 5th November 2003, 14:57     #215
Macca

muh

*detects flame war on the horizon..*

"So, why do men have nipples? Because females do."

So where is my vagina?
Old 5th November 2003, 15:23     #216
Unemazezamer

Snore

I can't even be bothered to finish this thread.

Most Boring Thread. :yawn:
Liven it up!!! Talk about INTERESTING issues not this tired old crap. (Incidentally I managed to get up to the first couple of posts in page five...)
Old 5th November 2003, 16:56     #217
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Quote:
Originally posted by Macca
*detects flame war on the horizon..*

"So, why do men have nipples? Because females do."

So where is my vagina?
I know, I want one too ... :/

Stupid genetics.
Old 5th November 2003, 17:17     #218
crocos

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiplash
snip...

From what I read and studied, XX (women) is a whole pair wheras XY is essentially missing instructions as opposed to XY being a whole and XX having 'extra'. When you look at it that way, the female sex is essentially the template.
You do realise that "X" and "Y" are just NAMES for those cromosomes, right? They are actually quite notable differences between the two. Yes the "X" is slightly larger, but the "Y" is not the "X" with a few missing parts - it has additional parts too.

PS: I don't really care about which sex is the "template"... Humans are just a byproduct of cooperative single-celled organisms banding together for a common cause
Old 5th November 2003, 17:26     #219
Cinclant

The Y chromosome is like the smaller, lamer, retarded sibling of the X.

Y CHROMOSOME
Old 5th November 2003, 17:55     #220
Macca

Cheesy grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiplash
I know, I want one too ... :/

Stupid genetics.
LMFAO...

Well if you have nipples because a woman does then logically.....

Last edited by Macca : 5th November 2003 at 17:56.
Old 5th November 2003, 21:11     #221
Cookie

I was taught that we were all females to begin with, then the ovaries drop into testicles, and the clitoris becomes the penis...?
Old 5th November 2003, 23:03     #222
HeMan

The effects of mentioning the word "nipples" in a thread is rather interesting, I have to say.
Old 6th November 2003, 07:33     #223
curses

Quote:
The effects of mentioning the word "nipples" in a thread is rather interesting, I have to say.
like most nzgames threads (-;
Old 6th November 2003, 13:38     #224
Endymion

Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie
I was taught that we were all females to begin with, then the ovaries drop into testicles, and the clitoris becomes the penis...?
Yes, followed by the development of logic and reasoning.
Old 6th November 2003, 14:06     #225
flic
Dee Hast Mish

and the ability to drive
Old 6th November 2003, 14:42     #226
Unemazezamer

Cunning linguist

Well, that depends...

Male = drive (such as walking and finding things to break) first then logic and reasoning follow...

Female = logic and reasoning then drive (such as breaking stuff and learning how to get what they want... oh and walking. But that comes automatically for them.)

Old 6th November 2003, 14:49     #227
Endymion

Thumbs up

I like the notion of the way that females break stuff and learn how to get (men to do the things) what they want being thought of as 'logic and reasoning'.
Old 6th November 2003, 14:55     #228
Unemazezamer

Wink

Shhh!!!

Don't let the women know that we know!!!
Old 6th November 2003, 15:10     #229
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie
Did you just ignore Cinclants and my posts ?