Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10th June 2003, 17:21     #1
borland

Evanescence album

anybody else got it?
personally I reckon it owns. Go to your local cd store/kazaa today and have a listen :-)
Old 10th June 2003, 17:23     #2
[reyPh]

Might go buy it for a friend soon. Admittly only heard their one hit single (bring me back to life) but thats good enough to buy it.

You listen to Tadpole? they are very similar styled music.
Old 10th June 2003, 18:15     #3
Rahven
Nothing Else Matters

I certainly like it and will be getting legal copy of album as soon as I recover from the nasty horrible flu. Another simiilar band to them is Nightwish
Old 10th June 2003, 18:16     #4
[TS]Sephiroth

Two songs (Whisper and Bring Me To Life, IIRC) are good, the rest are way to whiney and gehy.
Old 10th June 2003, 18:23     #5
Maverick
Swim swim hungry

Yup, it's brilliant... I actually got this CD on import from Real Groovy about 2 1/2 months ago, cause I didn't want to wait for the damn thing to release in NZ.
Old 10th June 2003, 19:01     #6
Gambit

very good indeed
love the album
Old 10th June 2003, 19:05     #7
borland

pupazz you can shut your hole :-)

I thought all of them were good. even the slow ones.
Old 10th June 2003, 19:24     #8
xtraKD

Ahhhhh evanescence, not too long ago they were a christian rock band. They were heavily marketed in christian publications and what not, untill they hit the big time and they sold out on jesus.

Very typical nu-metal sounding band, but the vocal melodys are pretty cool. Ill give them a life span of 1, maybe 2 years before no one gives a shit.
Old 10th June 2003, 20:19     #9
Cyberbob

bloody good stuff
they've got a few more 'albums' around the place, theres alot of great stuff on them too.
Old 10th June 2003, 20:29     #10
ilk

Music: Nu-Metal Fluff
Chicks Voice: Worth paying album price for.
Old 10th June 2003, 20:31     #11
dead goon

Quote:
Originally posted by xtraKD
Ahhhhh evanescence, not too long ago they were a christian rock band. They were heavily marketed in christian publications and what not, untill they hit the big time and they sold out on jesus.

Very typical nu-metal sounding band, but the vocal melodys are pretty cool. Ill give them a life span of 1, maybe 2 years before no one gives a shit.
Sounds about right to me.
Old 10th June 2003, 20:35     #12
Divine

They do a pretty good APC - Orestes cover.
Old 10th June 2003, 20:58     #13
Eyetawkrap

I always thought they were a shitty nu-metal christian band.

But that chicks voice is pretty cool.
Old 10th June 2003, 21:04     #14
borland

Music: Nu-Metal Fluff << for some reason I like nu-metal. sue me.
Chicks Voice: Worth paying album price for. << added bonus, which is why I like the album heaps
Old 10th June 2003, 21:24     #15
dylan
Huh?

Quote:

how did they sell out? i didn't know they had.

they've been at the top of the christian rock charts since march in the US; and the single went straight to number one when it was released in the UK only a few days ago.
Old 10th June 2003, 21:39     #16
Cyberbob

Quote:
How so?
I've got alot of their earlier work, and its not too much different from the stuff they've got now, and was never really very big in portraying their christianity in their songs
Old 10th June 2003, 21:43     #17
Eyetawkrap

Oh please it was pretty fucking obvious they are christian from that Bring me to Life song.......they haven't sold out on jesus.
Old 10th June 2003, 22:01     #18
duckstab

I want to see: Evanesence (Feat. MC Hammer vs. Wing)

some day
Old 10th June 2003, 22:49     #19
Eyetawkrap

MC Gunz vs Wing too
Old 11th June 2003, 00:24     #20
o9

o_O

Whats the difference between christian rock and rock?
Old 11th June 2003, 00:48     #21
Pitt-Riff

Depends if they spout their religion or not, who wants to be fucking preached at? Themes of a sad dogma are not my cup of tea thanks.
Old 11th June 2003, 01:05     #22
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pitt-Riff
Depends if they spout their religion or not, who wants to be fucking preached at? Themes of a sad dogma are not my cup of tea thanks.
do song lyrics really bother you THAT much? surely it's more about the music?

what if the song was in another language?
Old 11th June 2003, 02:02     #23
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally posted by Pitt-Riff
theres a difference between your typical 'christian rock' and a rock band which is christian.
IMHO Evanescence dont spout their religion at all, so its all good

Last edited by Cyberbob : 11th June 2003 at 02:07.
Old 11th June 2003, 10:07     #24
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

They need more vocal harmonies.
Old 11th June 2003, 10:58     #25
Deepee

Sad

LOL Evanescence.

So this is how these shit manufactured try hard bands get famous. Ppl do actually think they are cool. Of course, in the wake of shit left from St. Wanker, i guess any rock or nu-metal would look cool.
Old 11th June 2003, 11:33     #26
Pitt-Riff

Quote:
Originally posted by dylan
do song lyrics really bother you THAT much? surely it's more about the music?

what if the song was in another language?
Lyrics and vocal melody are a HUGE part! I like to hear and relate to the whole piece as opposed to going "well I'll ignore THAT part......I like the bass though" or "Dreamtheater are cool, except the wailing vocals....". It's personal preference, by the way, haven't heard Evanescence, although I did hear a brief snippet once, thought it was Blindspott and Tadpole combined! Nu metal is on it's way out.......I hope.
Old 11th June 2003, 11:36     #27
armourking

Quote:
Originally posted by Deepee
LOL Evanescence.

So this is how these shit manufactured try hard bands get famous. Ppl do actually think they are cool. Of course, in the wake of shit left from St. Wanker, i guess any rock or nu-metal would look cool.
Some people like Evanescence. Some proofs...

Reductio ad absurdum:
1. You do not like Evanescence.
2. Everyone is exactly like you.
3. Therefore, nobody likes Evanescence. (1,2)

Or, the humble Venn diagram:
Old 11th June 2003, 11:54     #28
fobski

Quote:
Originally posted by Eyetawkrap
MC Gunz vs Wing too
dam straight

MC GUNS 4 LYFE!!!

BIG UPS TO THE NORTH SHIZO!!
Old 11th June 2003, 12:20     #29
Deepee

listen armourking.

we all know your a socially gimp who has some factuation with mathematics. Even though such is the case, there is no need to rationalize every thing in this universe (i.e music threads) with mathematics.

Thanks very much for the pretty diagram though, if only there was someone of third form intellect who you could cleverly explain your witty venn diagram too.

<insert my sig, cause if im posting lame shit , you'll want to know fucktard is doing it>
Old 11th June 2003, 12:37     #30
armourking

Quote:
listen armourking.

we all know your a socially gimp who has some factuation with mathematics. Even though such is the case, there is no need to rationalize every thing in this universe (i.e music threads) with mathematics.

Thanks very much for the pretty diagram though, if only there was someone of third form intellect who you could cleverly explain your witty venn diagram too.

<insert my sig, cause if im posting lame shit , you'll want to know fucktard is doing it>
Nice dodge, matey, you should become a politician.
What is it with you people that you feel you must try feebly to insult people in order to... well, I don't know what the hell you are trying to do. Rebuff my argument? Hardly.
Shouldn't you be at school learning rational arguments, anyway?
You'll find you'll 'win' more arguments with well placed, logical statements rather than the puerile filth you have a" factuation" with.
Good day sir.
Old 11th June 2003, 12:38     #31
Cyberbob

muh

Quote:

you shouldn't put yourself down like that
Old 11th June 2003, 14:21     #32
borland

Quote:
I'd say christian rock is rock which contains singing (usually advocacy) about god/jesus/suchlike.
Evanescence is not under that definition christian rock. The fact they may or may not be christian has nothing to do with it. If members of some other band happen to be skiers, it does not just automatically make them a skiing band, nor does it make their music skiing music.

Quote:
Deepee posted some mindless bullshit
Insulting someone because they have a basic knowledge of mathematics only implies that you don't, and are therefore a retard. bugger off.

Last edited by borland : 11th June 2003 at 14:23.
Old 11th June 2003, 14:39     #33
o9

What if they sing about skiing?
Old 11th June 2003, 14:45     #34
Deepee

muh

ooo ouch.
man stop being such over sensitive geeks and chill.
Old 11th June 2003, 16:32     #35
te DrZyb

tourniquet is a bit preachy imo
Old 11th June 2003, 16:38     #36
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally posted by te DrZyb
tourniquet is a bit preachy imo
origionally by Soul Embraced too

I wouldnt say preachy, but it is about finding peace in death, in some sort of heaven so its up there, but barely preachy
Old 11th June 2003, 19:56     #37
xtraKD

Quote:
Originally posted by dylan
how did they sell out? i didn't know they had.

By denying they are a christian nu-metal band

I love bands that are inspired by god, have songs about god, sing about god etc etc, but when asked about it respond with something like the following

"OMG JEEZ WE DONT WANT TO BE LUMPED IN WITH THAT SCENE, WE ARENT A CHRISTIAN BAND, AND WE ARE NOT NU METAL EITHER, I THINK WE ARE MUCH MORE DIVERSE, WE HAVE A REGGAE REGGAE SONG ON OUR ALBUM (yes blindspott) LOLOL!"

or words to that effect
Old 11th June 2003, 20:02     #38
borland

bahahah@ blindspott
Old 11th June 2003, 20:20     #39
xtraKD

and no, I dont actually love those sorts of bands

Last edited by xtraKD : 11th June 2003 at 20:22.
Old 12th June 2003, 11:23     #40
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:
Originally posted by o9
Its just hard to take them seriously as a "rock" band when they oh-so-obviously have that joy joy joy joy down in their hearts ..