NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Technology & Troubleshooting
User Name
Password

Old 25th April 2007, 14:17     #1
NeON_RaZoR

E4300 overclocking

I Just got a E4300(stock 1.8Ghz) and so far have been able to get a stable overclock of 3.2GhZ. I'm gonna try and push for 3.6Ghz ie 400FSB.

Anyone else had a play with this chip? So far its the best value out there!
Old 26th April 2007, 01:33     #2
Ginahd

If I'm wanting to build a powerful system cheap, is there some downside to overclocking this chip as you have done? I don't need it THAT fast, but as fast as is inexpensive and completely stable.
Old 26th April 2007, 02:12     #3
Spidey

There isn't really a downside if you know what you are doing, its pretty much just free performance for less $$
Old 26th April 2007, 17:56     #4
NeON_RaZoR

The only downside would be possible reduction of the CPU's life. But as long as temps are below 50 there is no problem. You can run it for years. I'd say stop overclocking at 2.98(which is the x6800 core clock) to keep temps in check.

But @ NZ$200 now who cares, its more of a sideproject for me until value quad-cores arrive =)

The only other problem i've encountered is the northbridge gets very hot @ 3.2Ghz but its nothing a nb heatsink can't fix. Zalman got some good ones i'm looking at.
Old 26th April 2007, 18:09     #5
Wake

I've been thinking about doing a similar thing, it's just the time value qx cores arrive, you will prob need a new mobo to support the new bus etc?
Old 26th April 2007, 18:18     #6
TD
Anas Latrina

I brought an E6300 a couple of weeks ago and have had it happily running on 3Ghz on stock cooling since then.
Old 26th April 2007, 19:48     #7
NeON_RaZoR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake
I've been thinking about doing a similar thing, it's just the time value qx cores arrive, you will prob need a new mobo to support the new bus etc?
I have Gigabyte 965P-DS3 rev3.3 - Supports both quad-core & 1333Mhz FSB.
I'm ready for value quad-core now!