Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 8th July 2014, 23:13     #641
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Domestic violence isn't an issue that determines governments. People on the whole don't care enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Because
Quote:
Either way my family is not affected and I don't really see any evidence that those outside my family that I care about are affected either.
Not an issue for me because I'm not a rapist nor a woman beater. Cunliffe doesn't speak for me when he apologises for being a rapey violent man.
Old 9th July 2014, 08:35     #642
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Not an issue for me because I'm not a rapist nor a woman beater. Cunliffe doesn't speak for me when he apologises for being a rapey violent man.
quite. ive never laid a hand on a woman, ive never even raised my voice to my wife (cos shes knows im the baws). im not apologising for shit. a leader who apologises for being born a man strikes me as pathetic. unless he IS a rapey wifebeater, what the fuck is he apologising for? either-

1. hes a rapey wifebeater and i wouldnt want him in charge
2. he is making a fake ass apology for nothing and i wouldnt want him in charge (along with the long list of other dumb fucking shit hes already done)

you can be supportive. you can donate time and money to a womans shelter, rally their causes, etc etc. but apologising for being born a man? get the fuck out of here.
Old 9th July 2014, 09:00     #643
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
what the fuck is he apologising for? either-

2. he is making a fake ass apology for nothing and i wouldnt want him in charge (along with the long list of other dumb fucking shit hes already done)

you can be supportive. you can donate time and money to a womans shelter, rally their causes, etc etc. but apologising for being born a man? get the fuck out of here.
Old 9th July 2014, 12:33     #644
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
what the fuck is he apologising for? either-

I guess it's complex.
Old 9th July 2014, 12:49     #645
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

I disagree, however it can be as complex as you'd like it to be.
Old 9th July 2014, 12:51     #646
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Summary: your typical Cunliffe two-facedness. This is a guy who would go to a union meeting preaching nationalisation and compulsory union membership, then put on a $1000 suit to address a chamber of commerce meeting and talk privatisation and tax cuts.

The phenomenon already has its own label: David Cunliffe talks out of both sides of his mouth.
Old 9th July 2014, 13:56     #647
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

I agree to an extent with a "rape culture" in our patriarchal society but agree totally that it has nothing to do with David Cunliffe's motives in saying what he did. He is a greasy weasel and will say whatever the fuck he thinks the current audience wants to hear. He does it instinctively and that's what gets him into shit.

Just one face please.

WTB new Labour leader.
Old 9th July 2014, 14:08     #648
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Now that he realises that what he said actually got heard by people outside the room he's backpedalling as fast as he can.

Rather than saying "yes I said it, yes I meant it, we need to have this conversation" he's playing it as "well those are the words I used but you have to look at it in context and imagine there was a comma in the words and it's an important conversation but right now we're focused on winning this election and we've got a great Labour team and I will certainly give that issue a lot of attention when I'm elected Prime Minister, vote Quimby".

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO140...d-cunliffe.htm

It's totally transparent - under pressure he just gurged up some words that he thought the vaginas in the room would want to hear. He doesn't actually give a shit.
Old 9th July 2014, 14:13     #649
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Labour MPs ignoring the boss.... again: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...-sledge-pledge

Too many lol quotes to copy here....
Old 9th July 2014, 14:28     #650
Lightspeed

Where's your counter, Ab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
I disagree, however it can be as complex as you'd like it to be.
People disagree with climate change science too. "It's not getting hot here, it must be nonsense."
Old 9th July 2014, 14:40     #651
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
People disagree with climate change science too. "It's not getting hot here, it must be nonsense."
Is that the worst analogy you could summon?
Old 9th July 2014, 16:19     #652
Lightspeed

What's a better analogy for picking and choosing the science one accepts?
Old 9th July 2014, 16:27     #653
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

I don't know guy. You tell me - it's your all-encompassing pigeon hole.

I simply disagree that I, or anyone in my recorded family tree are participants to this 'rape culture' in any format, and that some complex explanation would say that it's actually so.

Use enough words and anything can be so..

You cannot breathe underwater. If you're not breathing, you're dead. Therefore, if you're underwater you're dead. You're welcome.
Old 9th July 2014, 16:27     #654
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
What's a better analogy for picking and choosing the science one accepts?
Catholicism?
Old 9th July 2014, 16:28     #655
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Catholicism?
No, that'd be "If you have a cock in your throat you cannot breathe".
Old 9th July 2014, 17:22     #656
Lightspeed

Quote:
Use enough words and anything can be so..
Which is why we don't rely on what we can cook up ourselves but rather the works of peer reviewed scientists and scientific consensus.
Old 9th July 2014, 17:35     #657
cyc
Objection!

The Labour "Say/Do Anything For a Vote" Complex

.... strikes again: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11290631

Just why would you extend EQC coverage to crazies who refuse to insure their own home? And is Labour not even aware of the dedicated earthquake court at the DC level and the earthquake list at the HC level? I know I can't expect the party that proudly had an economic historian playing the role of Attorney-General the last time it was in government to know anything about the law but this is really a bit much.

I personally have a lot of sympathies for the general ideas (especially on the social side of things) that Labour espouse but this kind of pathetic populism basically explains why I've never, ever voted for them. They simply have no principles and seem determined to advocate only for the crazy.

Last edited by cyc : 9th July 2014 at 17:37.
Old 9th July 2014, 23:05     #658
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Which is why we don't rely on what we can cook up ourselves but rather the works of peer reviewed scientists and scientific consensus.
So, ready to admit god is a human construct then?
Old 10th July 2014, 09:16     #659
Lightspeed

I think you're confusing philosophy with science. Unless you can point me to the literature?
Old 10th July 2014, 09:44     #660
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
I think you're confusing philosophy with science. Unless you can point me to the literature?
You are very slippery, indeed.

I cannot engage a person that believes there's a man in the clouds that grants wishes and listens to a world full of inane blathering 24/7.

Oh, and then starts carrying on about relying on things that can be proven and reviewed accordingly.

I cannot take that seriously, I'm afraid.
Old 10th July 2014, 09:46     #661
Lightspeed

You don't know what I believe Pimp-X.

And if you think that the question of God can be penetrated by science, you are a scientific layperson.
Old 10th July 2014, 09:56     #662
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

That last statement made your beliefs abundantly clear.
Old 10th July 2014, 09:58     #663
Lightspeed

Well, there's no piercing your solipsist fantasy. :/
Old 10th July 2014, 10:00     #664
Lightspeed

Seriously, what scientific paper speaks about the existence or non-existence of God? I don't believe there is a single paper, let alone any kind of scientific consensus regarding God.

Am I mistaken?
Old 10th July 2014, 10:03     #665
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

You're not mistaken because god exists only in fantasy. Are you simple?
Old 10th July 2014, 10:10     #666
Lightspeed

You're showing off your layperson status Pimp-X. Science doesn't teach us what is real, science helps us discover what works.

Anyone frustrated with this discussion, please keep in mind it was the forum admin who introduced God into this discussion.
Old 10th July 2014, 10:12     #667
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Anyone frustrated with this discussion, please keep in mind it was the forum admin who introduced God into this discussion.
Uh, the fuck does that have to do with anything?
Old 10th July 2014, 10:16     #668
Lightspeed

Cause I usually cop a lot of crap for talking about God. I have memory, you know?
Old 10th July 2014, 10:19     #669
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Cause I usually cop a lot of crap for talking about God. I have memory, you know?
What does 'forum admin' have to do with this? Was there a job description I neglected to read? I'm as confused as everyone else gets when they engage you, I think.
Old 10th July 2014, 10:27     #670
fixed_truth

Anyway, let's not spam up this thread again eh?

Sex case diplomat's accuser: I want an apology

Quote:
The woman at the centre of a diplomatic incident and the victim of an alleged sex attack says Foreign Minister Murray McCully should resign.
Ouch. At least we could have relied on Cunliffe for an apology
Old 10th July 2014, 10:36     #671
Lightspeed

Quote:
What does 'forum admin' have to do with this? Was there a job description I neglected to read? I'm as confused as everyone else gets when they engage you, I think.
There are power dynamics at play. Something which is more pronounced to those under that power than those with it. I upset you in the wrong way, I can be ejected from the community.

But you don't believe in that kind of thing, do you?

I suspect if people are confused when they engage with me it's because they come along with a bunch of assumptions about me which are inaccurate. Like "LS is a Christian, I know what Christians are like so LS is like that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Ouch. At least we could have relied on Cunliffe for an apology
Heh.
Old 10th July 2014, 10:59     #672
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
There are power dynamics at play.
And of course you say that because you've been on the sharp end. I'm not so sure others feel the same way or identify that threat the way you do. You're a member of a very exclusive club of people who've been sat outside until their brain and mouth synchronize sufficiently.

I think you consider that action to be unilateral, too. Allow me to assure you, it wasn't.

That aside, the number of logical fallacies presented on this forum daily is astonishingly large. That is, if I'm smart enough to know what one of that there thingums is.
Old 10th July 2014, 11:15     #673
Lightspeed

Quote:
I think you consider that action to be unilateral, too. Allow me to assure you, it wasn't.
Arbitrary, not unilateral. It was clear some effort was being made by the cool kids club to reject me from the forum. Shit, you were hacking at the forum code to get my sparkly tag working.

But hey, thanks to your God tangent we're not talking about how you reject a body of science because it's offensive to your values. Good job!
Old 10th July 2014, 11:21     #674
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
But hey, thanks to your God tangent we're not talking about how you reject a body of science because it's offensive to your values. Good job!
I summed up. I think you overlooked that. You also just put words in my mouth.
Old 10th July 2014, 11:25     #675
Lightspeed

Quote:
I summed up. I think you overlooked that.
Where you reject complex arguments because they don't suit you?

Quote:
You also just put words in my mouth.
Gee, I have no idea what that must be like.
Old 10th July 2014, 11:28     #676
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Where you reject complex arguments because they don't suit you?
No, where I reject an unnecessarily complex argument in favor of observed reality.

Honestly, lose the ad hominem now eh. If you want to discuss something, it'll work a lot better without it.
Old 10th July 2014, 11:44     #677
Lightspeed

Holy crap

lolz, you want ME to lose the ad hominem? This whole forum is one great ad hominem attack. Are you simple?

But hey, if that's what you want, I'm totally on board.
Old 10th July 2014, 11:46     #678
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
But hey, if that's what you want, I'm totally on board.
It's just a suggestion. Do you think it's worthwhile?
Old 10th July 2014, 11:51     #679
Lightspeed

Absolutely. My approach has long been not to make it personal until it gets personal. Alas, it's usually immediately personal.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 10th July 2014 at 11:53.
Old 10th July 2014, 11:54     #680
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

I must admit that my verbal reactions to varying states of incredulity aren't entirely productive.