Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 20th March 2004, 21:10     #2961
Rabble

Sad

I'm bored and wondering why I halucinated words into Flics post.

Old 20th March 2004, 23:38     #2962
Slothking

Quote:
Originally posted by Rabble
I actually the word "missing" in that sentence every time I read it...

Old 20th March 2004, 23:51     #2963
Slothking

my pokemon bring all those nerds to the yard and they're like, do you wanna trade cards, damn right, lets trade some cards, ill trade you, but not my charizard

Old 21st March 2004, 01:52     #2964
Rabble

I'm going to have to hurt you now.

Mummy, make the pain stop.

Old 21st March 2004, 04:56     #2965
Lightspeed

Quote:
I'm bored and wondering why I halucinated words into Flics post.
Sweet, sweet, overwhelming pattern recognition.

Old 21st March 2004, 13:36     #2966
Wuffle

o_O

Fuck cookie's a stupid bitch.

Old 21st March 2004, 13:57     #2967
caffiend

Cat fight, cat fight!

Old 21st March 2004, 14:19     #2968
MadMax
Stuff

finished all the games in the hl-platinum collection. Damn sweet game.

Old 21st March 2004, 14:20     #2969
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally posted by Wuffle
Fuck cookie's a stupid bitch.
you're a retard.

Old 21st March 2004, 18:25     #2970
Rabble

Quote:
Originally posted by Wuffle
Fuck, Cookie's a stupid bitch.

Old 22nd March 2004, 00:18     #2971
Slothking

Well, I gave now another spin, and I think I actually liked the hip-hop music more than the honky music.

My dilemma lies here:

Should I embrace this multiculturalism-fuelled form of music, that for years until this moment I had thought was bizarre, tuneless, daft, and the stuff of a criminal culture void of morals and sentience? It will certainly make it easier to watch the chart on Sunday morn.

Or should I refuse to compromise my principles, and continue my rigorous program to block the glib and oily art of Scribe and Chingy from my life, and rock myself back and forth chanting 'Don Brash will make it all ok, Don Brash will make it all ok...'

There is of course the third option of becoming like the rest of you and listening to bands so underground their official website is at geocities, instead of fuelling the fire of the pop music industry. This may yet ensue. But good fucking luck, 6 day war.

Old 22nd March 2004, 01:58     #2972
MadMax
Stuff

Exclamation

god-damn, my cellphone beep is loud... thought our smoke alarm had gone off. Left it in the hallway, and didn't hear it until it had already gone too loud and woken everyone up. Nokia, set to that sos beep that gradually gets louder n louder.

Old 22nd March 2004, 02:00     #2973
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
what, you think wuffle doesn't like cookies, and prefers stupid bitches?

Old 22nd March 2004, 02:13     #2974
MadMax
Stuff

i've gone mad: listening to music with headphones on, and a beep in the music makes me jump at my cellphone.

Old 22nd March 2004, 02:13     #2975
MadMax
Stuff

is using a comma before/after and, bad?

Old 22nd March 2004, 02:14     #2976
Rabble

Cheesy grin

So good to know that i'm not the only one!

Yes, and, is bad.

Last edited by Rabble : 22nd March 2004 at 02:16.

Old 22nd March 2004, 02:33     #2977
Rabble

Anyone know where to get one of those cute little kitties that wander around your desktop while you're doing stuff?

Old 22nd March 2004, 03:23     #2978
caffiend

Quote:
Anyone know where to get one of those cute little kitties that wander around your desktop while you're doing stuff?
www.virtuagirl.com

Old 22nd March 2004, 12:51     #2979
Cookie

Cheesy grin

Teehee @ that yellow tram that says "When I grow up, I want to be a boat".

Makes me giggle everytime.

Old 22nd March 2004, 13:16     #2980
StN
I have detailed files

ROFLMAYO@ the Hazelnut Snickers ad with the two chaps on the beach and the tranny. "Whoa - that's different" - "Must be the nuts"

Old 22nd March 2004, 15:16     #2981
Slothking

Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie
Teehee @ that yellow tram that says "When I grow up, I want to be a boat".

Makes me giggle everytime.
Reminds me of a little red Mini I saw in Rotorua in the christmas holidays. It had plastered across its back windshield 'When I grow up, I want to be a fire engine'. Very cute.

Old 22nd March 2004, 15:18     #2982
Cookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Slothking
Reminds me of a little red Mini I saw in Rotorua in the christmas holidays. It had plastered across its back windshield 'When I grow up, I want to be a fire engine'. Very cute.
Awww.

Old 22nd March 2004, 17:29     #2983
seen-my-keys?

Cheesy grin

Hows this for a monday morning.

I Get up, car wont start.

flat battery.

I charge battery.

Still wont start.

decide to bike to work.

Bike tire is flat.

bike to gas station, pump up tire, get to work.

*I explain my situation to the boss, as I am 2 hours late to work*

Boss: "Dave! youve gotta go down to the factory and get some site measurements."

me: "But ive got my bike today, my car is..."

boss: "Well you'd better get peddlin! hehehe!"

*peddles to factory, 3kms away*

Cant take measurements, because I forgot the laser.

I ring my boss, he cant find the laser.

So no measurements taken.

I write down some important notes while I am there.

*peddles back to office*

Checks bag, forgot to bring important notes.

I am now sitting at my desk, waiting what the rest of the day has in store for me.

Old 22nd March 2004, 18:05     #2984
Cyberbob

Cheesy grin

eeeets maaa birthday! *squee!*

Old 22nd March 2004, 19:13     #2985
Frouse

and theeeeeenn?

Old 22nd March 2004, 19:17     #2986
Cyberbob

Thumbs up

How many Dragon Ball Z characters does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Only one, but it takes three episodes

Old 22nd March 2004, 19:25     #2987
Rabble

Quote:
Originally posted by caffiend
www.virtuagirl.com
Not quite what I was after, but thanks anyway.

[ rates caffiend ] one star. [ /rates caffiend ]

Old 22nd March 2004, 19:28     #2988
Rabble

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyberbob
How many Dragon Ball Z characters does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Only one, but it takes three episodes
1 to complain that Dragon Ball Z is gaye.

Old 22nd March 2004, 19:32     #2989
Cookie

Tasty

Lol! Poor seen-my-keys.

Better make sure you have ice cream with fudge and nuts and whipped cream and sprinkles for dessert to make yourself feel better.

Old 22nd March 2004, 20:01     #2990
Lightspeed

I NEED A DRINK OF TEA!!!

Old 22nd March 2004, 20:03     #2991
Cookie

*Throws hot tea in Lightspeed's face*

Old 22nd March 2004, 20:11     #2992
seen-my-keys?

Cunning linguist

Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie
Lol! Poor seen-my-keys.

Better make sure you have ice cream with fudge and nuts and whipped cream and sprinkles for dessert to make yourself feel better.
nah, chances are I will choke on the nuts.

(bow chicka chicka chicka bow wow)

Old 22nd March 2004, 20:31     #2993
Simon
SHG

For a while now, there's been a bird somewhere outside that has a "tweet!" that sounds electronic -- like a microwave oven's "finished cooking!" sound, or a cellphone's "battery low!" sound.

It's driving me fucking crazy.

Old 22nd March 2004, 20:34     #2994
Rabble

Devil grin

Driving??

Old 22nd March 2004, 21:35     #2995
Evoke

too much chemistry. brain melting. valkyrie needs pity. valkyrie needs pity now. or food. food might be better.

i swear i've been dreaming electron configurations and adjective ending tables.

Old 22nd March 2004, 21:57     #2996
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Well my time in Surfers Paradise was mint, loved it! Got to Brisbane this morning, and I think its absolutley fucking gay. I hate it already, and by god I hope it hates me.

So I said to my side kick timmy, fuck this shit nigga, we be going back to surfers.

Old 22nd March 2004, 21:59     #2997
Rabble

Never been there so... What's wrong with Brisbane?
Aside from all the australians, of course.

Old 22nd March 2004, 22:10     #2998
Cookie

Brisbane is asssssssss. Infact, so is most of Qld.

Port Douglas, Noosa, and the Sunshine coast are the only places I enjoy. The rest has a scary resemblance to southern American states...

Old 22nd March 2004, 23:32     #2999
Random

History would never reveal the reasons (although some of the more fringe academic elements would later argue that it may have been a Ranma 1/2 reference), but it would record the facts, and this particular fact was; the Panda was important.
He'd chased it all day long, a black and white phantom sitting on the periphery of his understanding. He knew it was there, he didn't know why, or what he was supposed to do with it. He suspected (correctly) that he never would.
It was there now. Not in any corporeal sense mind. The Panda didn't actually exist. Not on any physical plain that he was aware of. It had however very definitely taken up residence in a prominent part of his mind. An imaginary ursine squatter.
He thought of the panda as a bear, hence the ursine reference, but a niggling little part of him was suggesting that they were in fact some sort of overgrown raccoon. He'd looked to the Panda for confirmation and been rewarded with a particularly blank stare. It had then produced a shoot of bamboo and begun chewing in a fairly pointed sort of a manner. He supposed that that was meant to be a clue but he couldn't be sure and the bloody bear was giving nothing more away.
Frustrated, he rose abruptly, stepping away from his apathy mired workstation and struck an extremely dynamic Action Pose.
The Panda seemed impressed, pausing in its chewing to offer a brief round of applause. He accepted it gracefully and, feeling a lot better about himself, returned to his desk. He settled into his chair, fingers poised arachnid like above the keyboard, and savoured the swelling sense of productiveness that was rising within his chest. He gave the Panda a little wink and began typing. Out of the corner of his mind he saw the Panda smile back at him and then amble off towards the water cooler.
He hoped he wouldn't be gone long.

Old 23rd March 2004, 01:15     #3000
MadMax
Stuff

The feedback resistor has another bonus effect. It increases the input impedance of the base. Since the ac emiiter voltage is in phase with the ac base voltage, there is less ac voltage across the emitter diode. Less ac voltage produces less ac current. Less ac current means more opposition, equivalent to increasing the input impedance.

Here is the mathematical proof. recall how we defined the input impedance of the base. It equals the ac base voltage divided by the ac base current:

z_in(base) = v_b/i_b

Since v_b = i_e(r_e + r'_e), we can substitute to get

z_in(base) = (r_e + r'_e) / i_b

But i_e/i_b is approximately equal to B. Therefore,

z_in(base) = B(r_e + r'_e)

For troubleshooting purposes, you can usually ignore r'_e and use Br_e as an estimate for the input impedance of the base.

Closed Thread