Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2008, 17:04     #29601
flic
Dee Hast Mish

I was in too much of a hurry, but he didn't even noticed he'd nearly had someone walk into him.

Old 16th May 2008, 17:06     #29602
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Just heard through the grapevine that petrol is set to go up 10 cents a litre tonight

Old 16th May 2008, 17:15     #29603
CCS
Stunt Pants

If it does, I'll be firebombing some petrol stations.

Old 16th May 2008, 17:50     #29604
Redneck

"I don't think Sex and the City is just for girls. I am a reasonably well-adjusted bloke and I am looking forward to seeing the film with my girlfriend. I am then looking forward to poking my eyes out with red-hot pokers, burning my skin off, and rolling around in salt for a while." — Phil Mann, Newcastle upon Tyne.

Old 16th May 2008, 18:57     #29605
MadMax
Stuff

You clicked 367 times in 30 seconds.

doesn't say you should only tap with one finger

Old 16th May 2008, 20:21     #29606
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
If it does, I'll be firebombing some petrol stations.
With what?

Old 16th May 2008, 20:29     #29607
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torka
Living alone for the first time after wanting to for years but never being able to afford it, and it's just as awesome as I hoped. Fuck flatmates.
It is SO awesome. How awesome? So.

I've been living alone for about 4 years, and I'd only live with someone now if I had intentions of marriage.

"This is mah house - if you don't like it, get the fuckout~"

Old 16th May 2008, 20:40     #29608
Helious

Yeah, I live alone.. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't like people. Well, I do, I love people. But fuck they get on my nerves.

Old 16th May 2008, 20:49     #29609
cEvin
Love In Vein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
"I don't think Sex and the City is just for girls. I am a reasonably well-adjusted bloke and I am looking forward to seeing the film with my girlfriend. I am then looking forward to poking my eyes out with red-hot pokers, burning my skin off, and rolling around in salt for a while." — Phil Mann, Newcastle upon Tyne.

Old 16th May 2008, 21:05     #29610
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
With what?
WITH FIRE! Duh.

Old 16th May 2008, 21:36     #29611
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Thumbs up

My new bike got reversed into today outside my mate's place, bent the stand nicely, and broke my left hand mirror off. The dude actually left his card to deal with the damage.

There are still honest people left in this world~

Old 16th May 2008, 21:50     #29612
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
It is SO awesome. How awesome? So.

I've been living alone for about 4 years, and I'd only live with someone now if I had intentions of marriage.

"This is mah house - if you don't like it, get the fuckout~"
I couldn't handle living by myself. I'd have to go out everynight or something. It would get rather silent rather fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hanks
WIIIILSON!

Old 16th May 2008, 22:04     #29613
dead goon

Best thing about being alone.... getting naked

sit on the computer naked, cook your dinner naked, take a shit naked, have a shower... naked.

whatever! no one to interrupt.

Old 17th May 2008, 11:39     #29614
cEvin
Love In Vein

it gets old after about the 3rd day. and also cold.

Old 17th May 2008, 11:50     #29615
chiQ
Frag-muff

Only if your house is badly insulated. In a warm home there's something really satisfying about watching TV in your undies. I had a two-week stint between boarders in the mid-nineties, and was a complete Homer Simpson the whole time. It rocked!

Old 17th May 2008, 12:58     #29616
Sgt Seb
Up Unt At Dem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I'd hate living alone. I really enjoy hanging with flatmates... that said, I'm not hugely social so I guess I need flatmates or else I'd never see anyone.
the cool thing about living alone is you can control your 'social intake'. if you feel social you can invite people over, if you don't, you don't. its annoying when youre in a flat, and you're feeling unsocial, or you have an assignment due, and there is all these people over at your flat distracting you. i guess its cool when youre 18-22?? but as you get older that becomes more annoying, for me anyway.

but probably the coolest thing about living alone is having your own kitchen

Old 17th May 2008, 13:17     #29617
Jonas Undrawing

i live alone, and it rocks. that is all.

Old 17th May 2008, 14:24     #29618
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
In a warm home there's something really satisfying about watching TV in your undies.
Pics please.

Old 17th May 2008, 15:06     #29619
Lightspeed

I've got a large room, so it's pretty easy to shut off the rest of the world. Having my own kitchen would be sweet, but that's pretty large too, so we manage.

There are definitely benefits to both living alone and flatting. It depends on both you and the type of flatmates you have, I guess.

Old 17th May 2008, 15:53     #29620
leadinjector

i like living with one or two people, but no more than that. used to live with 6 others and it sucked.

living by myself had some perks, but im a social creature. left to myself i get bored real quick and start becoming strange(r)

Old 17th May 2008, 16:17     #29621
Delphinus

I've worked out why the speed limit is 100k's. (and the ratings for the corner). Its nothing to do with vehicle safety features, performance, or human reaction capabilities.

Its so you don't spill your drink.

I was driving (enthusiastically) back from down south last night, and had a 1L apple juice that was on the floor, rolling all over the place.
Then I stopped for some food half way home, and then drove the next 10mins in a line of traffic sticking to recommended limits because I was eating some hot chips... and my drink was sitting on the floor, except this time it didn't fall over!

Old 18th May 2008, 12:28     #29622
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Einstein coined the term "spooky action at a distance" to describe these situations, which exhibit quantum entanglement. Relativistic quantum field theory requires interactions to propagate at speeds less than or equal to the speed of light, so "quantum entanglement" cannot be used for faster-than-light-speed propagation of matter, energy, or information. However, it must be understood that a change to one entangled particle does indeed affect the other instantaneously, but this is only known after the experiment is performed and notes are compared, therefore there is no way to actually send information faster than the speed of light. Einstein could not believe this, and therefore he proposed, along with Boris Podolsky and Nathan Rosen, a thought experiment called the EPR paradox. John Bell derived an inequality that showed a testable difference between the predictions of quantum mechanics and local hidden variables theories. Experiments testing Bell-type inequalities in situations analogous to EPR's thought experiments have been consistent with the predictions of quantum mechanics, giving strong evidence for nonlocality.

However, the "instantaneous" in instantaneous action-at-a-distance is only meaningful from a three-dimensional point of view. In four-dimensional spacetime, in which movements positively and negatively along the fourth dimension (time) are physically symmetrical, information can travel back in time to the point when the particles were physically joined[citation needed], then forward in time to the entangled particle[citation needed]. Although the sum of the two vectors add to zero, causing it to appear instantaneous to a limited observer, the speed of propagation of information does not violate the speed of light limitation.[citation needed]
random excerpt from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity
Quote:
God however exists as three persons, or in the Greek hypostases, but is one being.[42] God has but a single divine nature. Chalcedonians—Roman Catholics, Orthodox Christians, Anglicans and Protestants—hold that, in addition, the Second Persona of the Trinity—God the Son, Jesus—assumed human nature, so that he has two natures (and hence two wills), and is really and fully both true God and true human. In the Oriental Orthodox theology, the Chalcedonian formulation is rejected in favor of the position that the union of the two natures, though unconfused, births a third nature: redeemed humanity, the new creation.

In the Trinity, the Three are said to be co-equal and co-eternal, one in essence, nature, power, action, and will. As laid out in the Athanasian Creed, The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, and the Holy Spirit is uncreated And all three are eternal with no beginning.[43] The Roman Catholic Church teaches that the Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son.

It has been stated that because three persons exist in God as one unity,[44] "The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit" are not three different names for different parts of God but one name for God,[45] because the Father can not be divided from The Son or the Holy Spirit from the Son. God has always loved, and there has always existed perfectly harmonious communion between the three persons of the Trinity. One consequence of this teaching is that God could not have created Man in order to have someone to talk to or to love: God "already" enjoyed personal communion; being perfect, he did not create Man because of any lack or inadequacy he had. Another consequence, according to Rev. Fr. Thomas Hopko, an Eastern Orthodox theologian, is that if God were not a Trinity, he could not have loved prior to creating other beings on whom to bestow his love. Thus we find God saying in Genesis 1:26-27, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." For Trinitarians, emphasis in Genesis 1:26 is on the plurality in the Deity, and in 1:27 on the unity of the divine Essence. A possible interpretation of Genesis 1:26 is that God's relationships in the Trinity are mirrored in man by the ideal relationship between husband and wife, two persons becoming one flesh, as described in Eve's creation later in the next chapter. Genesis 2:22 Some Trinitarian Christians support their position with the Comma Johanneum described above, even though it is widely regarded as inauthentic.

Old 18th May 2008, 12:49     #29623
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus
I've worked out why the speed limit is 100k's. (and the ratings for the corner).

Its so you don't spill your drink.
That's pretty much right - I remember seeing a doco once about peoples jobs, and one featured the chap who has to grade each corner, and he takes it at speeds in 10km/h increments until his force meter goes over the edge.

Old 18th May 2008, 13:16     #29624
MadMax
Stuff

drink/load/whatever

Old 18th May 2008, 15:24     #29625
flic
Dee Hast Mish

My brother in law is taking part in the 48 hour film festival in chch this weekend and called me yesterday morning to ask if I could turn up to BASE (club) with some friends to help film a 'rave' scene.

So Mish, his brother and I went along and met some friends there and got involved in the filming.

I got asked to be "the girl that the main guy dances up to" and thought it couldn't be too hard and said ok.

The details of the script changed as we went as things we figured out and I ended up having to pretend to be offended, slap him and storm off.

I freaking well had to act in this thing and I've never done anything like that before.

So now we get to go to Reading one night this week and watch all the entries being played for the judging.

It's going to be very weird seeing myself on the big screen.

Last edited by flic : 18th May 2008 at 15:25.

Old 18th May 2008, 16:24     #29626
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by flic
[film stuff]
That's pretty cool, especially if you turn out to be good at it

Old 18th May 2008, 20:03     #29627
?>Superman

Did anyone see this?
http://www.reuters.com/article/oddly...ddlyEnoughNews
Quote:
High on Mount Sinai

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - The biblical Israelites may have been high on a hallucinogenic plant when Moses brought the Ten Commandments down from Mount Sinai, according to a new study by an Israeli psychology professor.

Writing in the British journal Time and Mind, Benny Shanon of Jerusalem's Hebrew University said two plants in the Sinai desert contain the same psychoactive molecules as those found in plants from which the powerful Amazonian hallucinogenic brew ayahuasca is prepared
MOSES YOU TRIPPIN'?!

Old 18th May 2008, 20:10     #29628
p01s0n

nice pay off for your weight loss efforts flic

Old 18th May 2008, 20:19     #29629
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
Did anyone see this?
http://www.reuters.com/article/oddly...ddlyEnoughNews
Quote:
High on Mount Sinai

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - The biblical Israelites may have been high on a hallucinogenic plant when Moses brought the Ten Commandments down from Mount Sinai, according to a new study by an Israeli psychology professor.

Writing in the British journal Time and Mind, Benny Shanon of Jerusalem's Hebrew University said two plants in the Sinai desert contain the same psychoactive molecules as those found in plants from which the powerful Amazonian hallucinogenic brew ayahuasca is prepared
MOSES YOU TRIPPIN'?!
Dude tripping on hallucenogic drugs decides he's found God. Now there's a new thing. I'm sure that's never happened before.

Old 18th May 2008, 20:22     #29630
cEvin
Love In Vein

Lightspeed?

Old 18th May 2008, 22:04     #29631
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
Some biblical scholars were unimpressed. Orthodox rabbi Yuval Sherlow told Israel Radio: "The Bible is trying to convey a very profound event. We have to fear not for the fate of the biblical Moses, but for the fate of science."
lol.

Old 18th May 2008, 22:19     #29632
ZoSo

The word of God - till another random religious nutter has a differing opinion on it.

Old 18th May 2008, 23:13     #29633
leadinjector

how shit is that show with fletch and vaughn? a show about 3 month old youtube clips? seriously? stick to radio. they look like a pair of muppets and their humour is weaksauce.

Old 19th May 2008, 00:17     #29634
p01s0n

in before lock.

my fame, sealed for eternity.

Old 19th May 2008, 00:42     #29635
Fx.

im gonna miss this thread

Old 19th May 2008, 00:49     #29636
CCS
Stunt Pants

I win at this thread.

Closed Thread