Up Unt At Dem!

Do you reeally get assraped in jail?

or is it just a rumour told to kids so they dont commit crimes

anyone know?

i think its gay! (hahahh.....;/)
Old 1st June 2004, 13:11     #2
Ba'alzaman
Mad scientist

i think its mostly urban legend, but imagine all those hardened crims, who have not had any apart from "mrs palmer and her daughters" for many years... lil' white boy is gonna start looking attractive
Old 1st June 2004, 13:18     #3
Reet

It definitely happens in a lot of US prisons. I've heard that it's really not something that happens in NZ prisons, but that's just hearsay.
Old 1st June 2004, 13:24     #4
Hannibal

NZ prisons (the ones I've seen in the news blurbs) seem to have the appearance of 2 star motels. Prisoners in America are getting flatpanel tv's in their cells now. I think prisons should be Russian and China style, something that is brutal, you might not make it out alive, and are scared shitless of, not some hotel to hang out in with the bros, get free meals, watch TV, and lift weights.. sigh
Old 1st June 2004, 13:30     #5
StN
I have detailed files

The TV show Oz seemed to come up with some wierd ideas - like spooning - but later I found news reports of guys who had it done (although I can't track them down now...)
Old 1st June 2004, 13:39     #6
Mutton

From what I've heard, minimum security jails don't usually have manlove action going on, because people are there for a short sentences only, or have moved there out of good behaviour. Max security like Mt eden are open ground for manlove though, being full of people serving long sentences and usually housing hardened crims that don't give a shit about other people.
Old 1st June 2004, 14:01     #7
Lightspeed

It would be interesting to know what happens in a max security prison in NZ.

I think on a slashdot "top 10 worst jobs" one of the jobs was for students interviewing prison inmates ( in the US ) for a thesis about abuse in prison. Apparently it was really harrowing for the students because of what was described by the inmates and the pleading for them to help make it stop.

It's actually really terrible... I mean, what if you made a bad choice on the road and you end up causing an accident and killing a family, resulting in 10 years in prison. Sure, it's terrible you killed people, but to be living a normal life one moment, to getting raped daily the next is horrific.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 1st June 2004 at 14:04.
Old 1st June 2004, 14:04     #8
Caliban

http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/2004-05-04/index.html
Old 1st June 2004, 14:12     #9
Simon
SHG

http://www.spr.org/
Old 1st June 2004, 14:15     #10
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally posted by Lightspeed
It's actually really terrible... I mean, what if you made a bad choice on the road and you end up causing an accident and killing a family, resulting in 10 years in prison. Sure, it's terrible you killed people, but to be living a normal life one moment, to getting raped daily the next is horrific.
This was one of the major plotlines in Oz - one minute this guy is a nice family man/lawyer, then he gets drunk and kills a little girl with his car, and the next thing he knows he's the Aryan's new prag.

Does salad tossing count?

Last edited by StN : 1st June 2004 at 14:21.
Old 1st June 2004, 14:30     #11
Gerbs

No, no ass-raping goes on in the minimum security wings of NZ Prisons.

Dunno about max security, I was never there
Old 1st June 2004, 14:37     #12
Reet

Quote:
I think on a slashdot "top 10 worst jobs" one of the jobs was for students interviewing prison inmates ( in the US ) for a thesis about abuse in prison. Apparently it was really harrowing for the students because of what was described by the inmates and the pleading for them to help make it stop.

I read a page online that had a collection of stories from inmates who went through that... a lot of it was really disturbing.
Old 1st June 2004, 14:41     #13
Furry Crew

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbs
No, no ass-raping goes on in the minimum security wings of NZ Prisons.

Dunno about max security, I was never there
Soo...got any old "friends" that can make sure our buddy Philip Greig gets a warm welcome atleast?

Old 1st June 2004, 15:01     #14
-Dr.J-

I think the only way we will get a definitive answer is to cross to our correspondent, Katalyst.

*Cue goatse pic*
Old 1st June 2004, 15:50     #15
Sp0nge

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Reet
It definitely happens in a lot of US prisons.
...and lately in Iraq
Old 1st June 2004, 19:31     #16
hypnotoad

Quote:
Originally posted by Ba'alzaman
i think its mostly urban legend, but imagine all those hardened crims, who have not had any apart from "mrs palmer and her daughters" for many years... lil' white boy is gonna start looking attractive
Im sure you've been (involuntarily) abstinent for a fair ammount of time Ba'al.

Little white boys lookin fairly good right 'bout now ?
Old 1st June 2004, 19:35     #17
flic
Dee Hast Mish

if it's consentual then it's not rape

Katalyst seems the type of person who likes to give it up the arse

time now he gets some lovin in return

I for one welcome his new manloving overlords
Old 1st June 2004, 19:43     #18
Ba'alzaman
Mad scientist

Quote:
Originally posted by hypnotoad
Im sure you've been (involuntarily) abstinent for a fair ammount of time Ba'al.

Little white boys lookin fairly good right 'bout now ?
hmmmm your ass is lookin' goo... errr
Old 1st June 2004, 19:50     #19
hsh

Certainly goes on in US jails. Had a school friend who spent a night in an LA jail and was raped, another person I knew ended up in Rikers Island NY for several years over drugs and was raped almost daily.
Old 1st June 2004, 20:16     #20
Lightspeed

There should be devices you can stick up your arse that make anal penetration very painful for the deliverer.
Old 1st June 2004, 20:31     #21
samael

Quote:
There should be devices you can stick up your arse that make anal penetration very painful for the deliverer.
what, like a rat? been there, done that dot dot dot
Old 1st June 2004, 21:38     #22
JERI

they say that rapists often get raped/discriminated in jail because the inmates look down on them.
Old 1st June 2004, 21:57     #23
Phantom
May contain nuts

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Furry Crew
Soo...got any old "friends" that can make sure our buddy Philip Greig gets a warm welcome atleast?
What what what? He's going to prison? How the #$@% did I miss that???
Old 1st June 2004, 22:27     #24
samael

Quote:
Originally posted by JERI
they say that rapists often get raped/discriminated in jail because the inmates look down on them.
ha ha nice one
Old 1st June 2004, 22:59     #25
H8^Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by JERI
Surely that must act as some kind of deterrent for a would be rapist?
Old 1st June 2004, 23:02     #26
Phantom
May contain nuts

Quote:
Originally posted by H8^Machine
Surely that must act as some kind of deterrent for a would be rapist?
People of this ilk don't consider the consequences of their actions, as a general rule. (afaik - IANAP, where P=Psychologist )
Old 1st June 2004, 23:16     #27
PuTang

Got a friend doing criminology honours at vic, they went on a 'field trip' (im not joking). They were allowed to interview the inmates, apparently it happens everyday.
Old 2nd June 2004, 00:40     #28
Caesar

I remember.... fuck it must have been about 10 years ago now.
They had a really good documentary about prisons life, actually there were 2 versions of it, an American one and a British one and from what I remember the American was a hell of a lot harsher than the British one.

Anyway, the doco was a group of students that were heading down the bad path, you know, done a few petty crimes here and there, and they spent a few hours listening to the hardened crims telling them about life on the inside, and man these kids were packing bricks.

Because these students were just sitting on the ground with the crims ( one at a time would come in and speak ) were like 5-6 feet away from them taking about life on the inside.
And I remember one bit where one of the students laughed at something and the crim speaking at the time said words to the effect of, It isn't funny, I can leap over there and rip your throat out and it doesn't matter because I'm in for life...

That kid didn't laugh after that that for sure..

Man that was a good doco, anyone else seen/remember it?

C
Old 2nd June 2004, 01:40     #29
Mark98

Yeah, I vaguely remember the U.S. one. Wasn't it called 'Scared Straight'?
Old 3rd June 2004, 00:44     #30
Caesar

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark98
Yeah, I vaguely remember the U.S. one. Wasn't it called 'Scared Straight'?
Yeah fuck thats it.
I'm gonner ring the local vids and get it out again.. if they have it.

I found it on Amazon as well in DVD version and it also has Scared Straight! 20 Years Later, hosted by Danny Glover

C
Old 3rd June 2004, 12:57     #31
Mokoro

Old 3rd June 2004, 13:15     #32
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally posted by Phantom
What what what? He's going to prison? How the #$@% did I miss that???
You missed a big portion of it then

after the small time trademe deals rip offs, he stole from a misc company, and got snapped when trying to sell the stolen goods on trademe. Plenty of links within the other current katalyst threads
Old 3rd June 2004, 13:50     #33
PsyK

Quote:
Originally posted by Hannibal
NZ prisons (the ones I've seen in the news blurbs) seem to have the appearance of 2 star motels. Prisoners in America are getting flatpanel tv's in their cells now. I think prisons should be Russian and China style, something that is brutal, you might not make it out alive, and are scared shitless of, not some hotel to hang out in with the bros, get free meals, watch TV, and lift weights.. sigh
Damn straight
Old 3rd June 2004, 17:59     #34
Timid

i had a friend who could be considered 'young and pretty' who was in mt eden and paremoremo for a while

he tells me that he was never raped, not once. we're pretty close and he'd tell me if it did happen or not, so i believe him.
Old 3rd June 2004, 18:13     #35
mick

is he single?
Old 3rd June 2004, 18:33     #36
Matt0r

Quote:
Originally posted by Timid
i had a friend who could be considered 'young and pretty' who was in mt eden and paremoremo for a while

he tells me that he was never raped, not once. we're pretty close and he'd tell me if it did happen or not, so i believe him.
so he was willing...?
Old 3rd June 2004, 18:41     #37
buckies

Cant you smash a potential penetrator and earn the respect of inmates?
Or should you just buddy up with whoever is in your best interests? Like edward norton in American history X.
Old 3rd June 2004, 19:02     #38
Native
I... err - F*ck It.

Quote:
Originally posted by flic
(Regarding Katalyst)... I for one welcome his new manloving overlords
QOTM?