NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 13th October 2004, 17:10     #321
eff tee

LOL.
We are looking to purchase a Beagle puppy.
Old 14th October 2004, 00:08     #322
crocos

Quote:
Originally posted by eff tee
chiQ, thanks for the link.

We're Beagle hunting too. There's a breeder in Wgtn we are going to check out, but breeders seem fairly scarce round these parts.
Beagles are the ultimate escape artists: You've got to be really proactive about fencing off your property.

Neighbours we had when I was a kid used to have a beagle that would get stuck on our roof all the time - would escape through the back fence of their property, which then has a small strip of concrete (too small for the dog to wander down the side of) a small gap, then the roof of our garage. From there the silly thing wouldn't jump the half-story to the ground.
Old 14th October 2004, 02:18     #323
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Growing up fast.

Old 14th October 2004, 02:44     #324
Lightspeed

Alright, enough of that eh. What are you trying to do to us?
Old 14th October 2004, 09:35     #325
untouchable

That rules.

Hope the kitty gets well asapirl
Old 14th October 2004, 10:06     #326
[AWoL] Ori

Had to post my two little (or not so little anymore!) kittens

http://awol.orcon.net.nz/kittens/tengai&keikan.jpg

The Bengal in front is Tengai, and has to be the most annoying little cat I've ever had, but he can be sooooo cute sometimes it saves his ass! Keikan is the grey moggy looking half asleep, and is the complete opposite to Tengai, being both quiet and obedient (as far as cats go)
Old 14th October 2004, 10:54     #327
nostrom0

Thumbs up

Cool stuff Ab... She'll be out of that beanie in no time
Old 14th October 2004, 12:26     #328
Baal

Quote:
Originally posted by Ab
Growing up fast.
That is unfairly cute. Awww.
Old 14th October 2004, 12:52     #329
eff tee

Quote:
Originally posted by crocos
Beagles are the ultimate escape artists: You've got to be really proactive about fencing off your property.
Yeah, we're fully fenced with high fences, gate and no gaps at the bottom.
We're not fully decided on which breed to get. Whatever we fall in love with that will be a good mate for our little boy. (But we do know what we don't want!) And we do have our elderly bitch to consider. She might not appreciate a boisterous puppy jumping all over her all the time! The right puppy will find us.

Edited to add: Ab, that kitten is looking very well!

Old 14th October 2004, 13:12     #330
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

pictures big enough guys? Sheesh, thank god I'm not on a 56K....

Here is my little Neo when he was little, six weeks old trying to lick my shrimp fork

Old 14th October 2004, 13:14     #331
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ab
Growing up fast.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Old 14th October 2004, 15:26     #332
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ab
Growing up fast.

How are your existing cat(s) coping with the thought that they have a new friend? I remember when my GF adopted a kitten home from SPCA, the existing one just mothered the kitty like she'd just given birth.
Old 15th October 2004, 00:43     #333
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Just got back from the vet. She's gone from 170g to 250g in one week, but that one week does represent a quarter of her life, so no big surprises there. But all good so far

The reactions of our other two male cats to the kitten have been very different. Delicate ginger Hobbes has been cautious and a bit freaked out; he'll get close, sniff her, then you can almost see him think "Oh man, I'm not ready for this shit" then turn and run away. Big black and white Manuel was instantly antagonistic when he first saw her, all hissing and spitting and barely-restrained violence (which had me quite worried, because he's a sizeable boy); but sometime in the past couple of days he has decided to be nice... a couple of times he's actually gone up to the kitten and started to wash her. Very cute.
Old 15th October 2004, 10:28     #334
cyc
Objection!

Cunning linguist

Quote:
Originally posted by Ab

The reactions of our other two male cats to the kitten have been very different. Delicate ginger Hobbes has been cautious and a bit freaked out; he'll get close, sniff her, then you can almost see him think "Oh man, I'm not ready for this shit" then turn and run away.
Hobbes: "Fucking hell, I'm not a paedophile! We'll talk when you get older cuz I'm scared of girls"
Manuel: "WTF, a young'un in the house? I'll show her who's the boss and then groom her!"
Old 15th October 2004, 14:04     #335
Redneck

Cats are SO weird with mutual grooming. I've seen a cat pair alternately between licking each other and kicking/biting each other many times in the course of a few minutes.
Old 15th October 2004, 23:50     #336
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally posted by Redneck
Cats are SO weird with mutual grooming. I've seen a cat pair alternately between licking each other and kicking/biting each other many times in the course of a few minutes.
Then again biting in cats can mean just about anything. Lily, our small female cat walks up to our larger male cat, Oliver, and just bites into his neck. They'll just sit there for a minute or so with her clamped on and him sitting there with his eyes closed, perfectly relaxed. He *likes* it. It's almost like a sign of affection, as she often clamps on while he's giving her a bath.

Oliver also gives BaM gentle bites when he's getting lots of affection from him. We call them love bites because he's generally really moochy and affectionate at the time, and tends to be purring really loudly too.
Old 16th October 2004, 00:31     #337
sky_

Quote:
Originally posted by chiQ
Then again biting in cats can mean just about anything. Lily, our small female cat walks up to our larger male cat, Oliver, and just bites into his neck. They'll just sit there for a minute or so with her clamped on and him sitting there with his eyes closed, perfectly relaxed. He *likes* it. It's almost like a sign of affection, as she often clamps on while he's giving her a bath.

Oliver also gives BaM gentle bites when he's getting lots of affection from him. We call them love bites because he's generally really moochy and affectionate at the time, and tends to be purring really loudly too.
My ex-cat gizmo used to do that too =)
Old 16th October 2004, 13:30     #338
THEFLYINASS

My parents two cats are funny.

One(long haired black and white male tabby) will be sitting in a prime position in front of the gas fire, the other(female chocolate point siamese) will come along and plonk herself down right next to him and start grooming the top of his head. Usually after several minutes of this he gets pissed off, sits up with head and ears back and spats...someone raises a paw...then it's all on. 99% of the time he makes a run for it, in total disgust. She then asumes his position in front of the fire and curls up. I ve seen it happen so many times, but it still cracks me up.
Old 16th October 2004, 15:14     #339
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Manuel continues as babysitter.

If the up-straight-in-the-air tail is any indication, kitten's diggin' it.
Old 16th October 2004, 15:29     #340
Timid

that is tooooo cute!
Old 16th October 2004, 20:43     #341
chiQ
Frag-muff

Manuel's a pussy.
Old 16th October 2004, 20:52     #342
Kryten

Pussy whipped?

Nice pic's Ab.
Old 17th October 2004, 01:03     #343
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The thing that blows my mind is that Manuel is an idiosyncratic and... well... BLOKEY male. He's kinda clumsy for a cat. He's big and sort of... graceless. If he was a rugby player he'd be in the front row for sure, put it that way. This nurturing, maternal side that he's started showing toward the kitten is unexpected to say the least. This morning -- about ten seconds after that most recent photo, actually -- he picked kitten up in his mouth by the neck and started walking off with her just like a mother cat would. Glub only knows where he was going, so I stopped him and he went back to washing her, but this whole situation is very fucking freaky.

One thing came to mind when I was chatting with chiQ on MSN the other day... aside from her tabby face markings, kitten does bear quite a resemblance to Manuel. I know she was theoretically abandoned, and he's theoretically sterile, but with the cosmetic similarity and his reactions... I wonder if there's something he's not telling us
Old 17th October 2004, 06:23     #344
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by Ab
I wonder if there's something he's not telling us
Female cat in a male cats body. Sexual realignment surgery is what he needs.
Old 17th October 2004, 21:12     #345
Kryten

Tonka won Best In Show today. On the scale of "big deal-ness", this is an 11 out of 10. It's the second best in show we've had (and only the 6th by an Alaskan Malamute in NZ, ever), but the first for a dog that we've bred, so we're absolutely stoked.

And yes, he's getting spoilt rotten (ice cream and all).
Old 17th October 2004, 22:38     #346
eff tee

Heartiest congrats!
Even though it's a labour of love, still makes all the hard work worth it.
Old 17th October 2004, 22:46     #347
chiQ
Frag-muff

Big Smile

Wow! Congrats Kryten. That's seriously cool, and a major boost for your kennel
Old 18th October 2004, 02:24     #348
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Congratulations, Kryten! Great stuff
Old 18th October 2004, 06:34     #349
Kryten

Thanks guys Nic is off to the USA for their speciality show, so it's a nice little high to go over there on.....
Old 23rd October 2004, 03:23     #350
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Kitten ventures outside. Growing fast...

Old 23rd October 2004, 03:39     #351
crocos

Quote:
Originally posted by Kryten
Tonka won Best In Show today. ....
Oh dear... I saw that and read it as "Torka won best in show today"

Oops? He's gonna mock me for that one. <shrug>
Old 23rd October 2004, 03:44     #352
crocos

Quote:
Originally posted by Ab
Growing up fast.

http://node.nzgames.com/images/kitty08.jpg
Si, that soo looks like you're crushing that poor kitten. Cute tho, heh.
Old 23rd October 2004, 09:37     #353
::Shocker

Quote:
Originally posted by Ab
Zomg, it's the cliché kitty!!

Last edited by ::Shocker : 23rd October 2004 at 09:38.
Old 31st October 2004, 12:52     #354
BoyWonder

Cheesy grin

Old 31st October 2004, 12:59     #355
cyc
Objection!

Ab, the population demands more info about the life of the cute little kitten!

And pictures too...
Old 31st October 2004, 23:19     #356
Kryten

Like Cyc, I'm getting kitten withdrawl symptoms here Ab. Come on man!
Old 2nd November 2004, 15:52     #357
Perfk
snakes & ladders

Got myself a new horse (riding her for a friend), & took her to an A&P show last weekend. She went absolutely great! No ribbons, but competing over much bigger jumps than she's done before - I was very proud of her:

Old 2nd November 2004, 16:01     #358
chiQ
Frag-muff

Good shit Perf
Old 2nd November 2004, 16:06     #359
Kryten

Waaaay to scary for me - but nice action photos
Old 2nd November 2004, 16:26     #360
eff tee

Hey Perf, was that Masterton A&P? My friend won the 7 year old there. She was pleased she didn't go all that way for nothing.

Nice horse! She looks happy-as over that height. Is it a metre 10 ish??