User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 13th May 2008, 08:13     #29481
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
i wonder if i can just get my boss to fire then rehire my ass.
That won't work - any new hires have to automatically enter the scheme.

Old 13th May 2008, 10:54     #29482
Stalk3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Coruba is distilled by Appleton?
nooooo, surely not ?

Old 13th May 2008, 12:04     #29483
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Coruba is distilled by Appleton?
Appletons fucking owns coruba, and tanduay owns appletons.

Moral of the story, Drink Tanduay.!

Old 13th May 2008, 12:18     #29484
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
Can someone please provide me with an example of a brown and black person using Ethnicity.

Thanks
AFAIK

Black: African / Micronesian / Melanesian etc
Brown:Polynesian , Hispanics / Latino's also refer to themselves as brown

Old 13th May 2008, 13:43     #29485
CCS
Stunt Pants

Hmmm... earthquakes in China and Myanmar, tornadoes in the States, volcano in Chile is belching and Ruapehu is rumbling... is this... THE RAPTURE?! Should I confess my sins and swear allegiance to the almight Jebus?

Nah, fuck it.

Old 13th May 2008, 13:44     #29486
leadinjector

i plan to confess on my deathbed, just to cover my bases

Old 13th May 2008, 14:03     #29487
MadMax
Stuff

Stuff poll:

If New Zealand was hit by a major natural disaster would you be ready for it?

Yes, I'm somewhat prepared (1982 votes, 46.2%)
No, I wouldn't know what to do (1050 votes, 24.5%)
I try not to think about it (1262 votes, 29.4%)

wtf is with the people saying no? this is nz where every tv watching or nz educated resident should know what to do.

everyone should have a plan ready so they can immediately go to action. giving yourself something to do helps cope with things, too.

it's quite simple:
keep yourself safe
get your family safe
check the supply box and have it ready (ie, out of the cupboard)
check neighbours.

Last edited by MadMax : 13th May 2008 at 14:05.

Old 13th May 2008, 14:05     #29488
leadinjector

it depends, if yes=panic like a bitch and wet my pants, then....yes.

Old 13th May 2008, 14:09     #29489
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yeah, I'm ready. By that I mean that I have a gun and lots of ammo... you know... for when the time comes... to protect what is mine. And for a bit of looting... and... aw hell, a bit of raping as well, why not.

Old 13th May 2008, 14:14     #29490
reac
Min Sicker Reac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
everyone should have a plan ready so they can immediately go to action.
Given your username I would have hoped that your disaster plan would involve the last of the V8 Interceptors and lots of leather.

Old 13th May 2008, 15:17     #29491
Torka

I found a midnight black cat asleep in my garden and stroked it and it licked my hands.

That is all.

Old 13th May 2008, 15:17     #29492
caffiend

Sad

Sure signs I need to change my profession #2,430: Downloading an RFP which I need to respond to, where in the executive statement it says:
Quote:
[Company X] is currently contemplating business excellence concepts that will provide opportunities to leverage innovation. We anticipate total workforce engagement in the uptake of electronic mechanisms to achieve effective and efficient utilisation of our information and knowledge assets. These form the know how of our organisation and are the enablers of our workplace capability.
I feel physically ill.

Old 13th May 2008, 15:53     #29493
Trigga*happY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0nge
no it doesnt.

i do not seek to reason
i do not seek to rhyme
i'm not that superficial
and i dont have the time
Most enlightening,
Yet posted in disarray,
Your posts hurt to read.

*ninja edit out of it's orginal thread because it was inappropriate*

Old 13th May 2008, 15:55     #29494
cEvin
Love In Vein

Quote:
fucking kiwisaver, i wish they would just fuck off. i dont want to give them 4% of my income, i am perfectly capable of handling my own shit, and now i get a letter back basically telling me to get fucked if i want my money back and some shit about "contribution holidays".

i wonder if i can just get my boss to fire then rehire my ass.
your employer sucks at kiwisaver.

Old 13th May 2008, 16:21     #29495
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
Sure signs I need to change my profession #2,430: Downloading an RFP which I need to respond to, where in the executive statement it says:I feel physically ill.

Oh man, you're screwed.

Old 13th May 2008, 16:30     #29496
ZoSo

*cough*

Quote:
'Bracket racket' has cost taxpayers $10 billion, act says
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10509833

Old 13th May 2008, 17:05     #29497
caffiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Oh man, you're screwed.
It's ok. I think I've figured out that by engaging the prospect in a unilaterally encompassing manner, we can enable a 720 degree step-change in e-fficientizing the userbase, which will in turn e-stablish a beach-head foundation on which to reach the low-hanging fruit and synergise our mutually beneficial corporate e-conomies.

Last edited by caffiend : 13th May 2008 at 17:06.

Old 13th May 2008, 17:20     #29498
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
Doesn't really make sense. It's tax revenue. It's not going down the toilet as far as I can see. Seems like all they've got is, the highest tax bracket hasn't been adjusted with inflation. Boo hoo. It's also old news no matter what your opinion of it is.

Old 13th May 2008, 17:51     #29499
Jonas Undrawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
It's ok. I think I've figured out that by engaging the prospect in a unilaterally encompassing manner, we can enable a 720 degree step-change in e-fficientizing the userbase, which will in turn e-stablish a beach-head foundation on which to reach the low-hanging fruit and synergise our mutually beneficial corporate e-conomies.
your initiative is a threat to the corporation. Be submissive, avoid eye contact, and in turn you will not be vapourized. Time for physical jerks!

Old 13th May 2008, 18:43     #29500
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
i am perfectly capable of handling my own shit
You may be right. But understand that many people who claim this aren't capable of what you claim; not even remotely capable.

Old 13th May 2008, 18:55     #29501
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Even if you can manage your own retirement savings, can't see why you wouldn't join kiwisaver - between the 4% employer contribution (assuming you've got a good employer that's providing the 4 straight away) and the government tax credit it's free money.

With mortgage diversion coming in after I'm in the scheme for 1 year, I'm effectively going to be paying money to my mortgage, that I would have been paying anyway, and getting a tax credit + employer matching on top.

And can't you opt out when starting a new job anyway?

Old 13th May 2008, 19:09     #29502
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Doesn't really make sense.
Fist, I disclose that I'm a National / Maori Party supporter.

And, I think it's clear what the ACT message is.

In real terms, every single year the Labour governement has acted (through inaction) to increase the real level of tax. For all but the lowest paid (those far below the first threshold), the impact has been an increased real contribution towards tax each and every year.

The cummulative effect is quite big, but because this crept up slowly the vast majority of people have not noticed. However, now that times have turned bad (realtively speaking) this missing money from peoples' pay is starting to bite.

To be fair, understanding this requires a level of achademic capability that many won't have reached. My personal view is that it's not appropriate to electioneer on issues that many people can't understand.

ACT are the ultra-right and Labour are the evil-centre; neither party deserves a seat in the upcoming election.

Half Maori Party and half National would be the perfect mix.

Old 13th May 2008, 19:10     #29503
JP

I can't figure out if you're trying to play with my mind by saying you want the Maori Party to get half the seats.

However, it's basically the same as raising taxes right? There's nothing unnecessarily wrong with that. I guess you could say it's a bit underhanded. But I mean, this is politics. National would also be considered the evil center ya know.

edit - seems to me like a center party, supported by outside parties is probably about as good as democracy gets also.

Old 13th May 2008, 19:18     #29504
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

I quite like what the maori party stand for. By itself it's not yet mature enough to govern, but it could and should play a far more major role.

Labour and National are very similar; except that Labour has become corrupted by evil people who have lost the plot. It's time to run the brush through and clean out the top hierachy.

Old 13th May 2008, 19:19     #29505
Ezekiel 25:17

Was Vincent van Gogh the first Emo kid?

Should emos have his paintings on their wall?

"No one understands me like they didn't undrestand Vincent!"

http://www.vangoghgallery.com/catalo...mages/0612.jpg

Old 13th May 2008, 20:38     #29506
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

North Shore mothers, beware! Your daughters are crackwhore sluts!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4523777a11.html

Old 13th May 2008, 21:06     #29507
Jonas Undrawing

if i had the time or the inclination to ever join myspace and do a decent page; this is what it would resemble http://www.myspace.com/myslb

Old 13th May 2008, 21:20     #29508
Torka

The Five Geek Social Fallacies

http://www.plausiblydeniable.com/opinion/gsf.html

I found this fascinating, and mostly true.

Old 13th May 2008, 21:34     #29509
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
Even if you can manage your own retirement savings, can't see why you wouldn't join kiwisaver - between the 4% employer contribution (assuming you've got a good employer that's providing the 4 straight away) and the government tax credit it's free money.

With mortgage diversion coming in after I'm in the scheme for 1 year, I'm effectively going to be paying money to my mortgage, that I would have been paying anyway, and getting a tax credit + employer matching on top.

And can't you opt out when starting a new job anyway?
im only going to be on it for a year or so because after that i will be self employed. add to that a healthy distrust of the man holding onto my money until im 65, and the fact that i wont even be in NZ for more than a few years.

Old 13th May 2008, 21:49     #29510
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Doesn't really make sense. It's tax revenue. It's not going down the toilet as far as I can see. Seems like all they've got is, the highest tax bracket hasn't been adjusted with inflation. Boo hoo. It's also old news no matter what your opinion of it is.
"Boo Hoo" to working NZ'rs again getting gouged billions of dollars?
There needs to be an option to pass on more tax to leftie do-gooders like yourself who are seemingly so willing to hand away (others) hard earned cash (although I'm sure only willing in words, rather than actual dollars).

Old 13th May 2008, 22:18     #29511
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
Quote:
Sir Roger said ACT would immediately make the first $10,000 of income tax free, which would give an average wage earner an immediate tax saving of $50.

Then it would abolish the 39c "envy rate" and make the whole system as low and flat as possible.
Easy for them to claim since they'll never be the government or even a significant part of a governing coalition. They'll never have to back it up...

Old 13th May 2008, 23:02     #29512
verve_rat

Quote:
i am perfectly capable of handling my own shit,
Really? If you can't understand Kiwisaver (or how/when to opt out of it) what make you think you can plan 40+ years of saving?

Old 13th May 2008, 23:08     #29513
leadinjector

oh i did understand it, however my plans changed and those plans didnt involve having anything to do with kiwisaver- i decided to opt out before the 8 weeks was up, but what i didnt realise was that i could only send it off when my next paycheck came in. considering i am 21 and am handling a student loan while starting a new business i would say im fairly well on top of things compared to the majority of people i know my age who are hopping along with a growing debt because they just spent 20k on a retarded blingmobile.

Last edited by leadinjector : 13th May 2008 at 23:10.

Old 14th May 2008, 00:14     #29514
caffiend

I just had a command prompt flash before my eyes for the briefest millisecond while reading this thread. I have no idea what happen.

Is my computer part of a botnet?

Old 14th May 2008, 00:41     #29515
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yes.

Old 14th May 2008, 01:03     #29516
caffiend

Are you the botnet master?

Old 14th May 2008, 01:15     #29517
[WanG] Wandarah

he is the gateway.
i am the encryption key master.

Old 14th May 2008, 01:17     #29518
caffiend

A joke using both Ghostbusters and IT references.

Christ, what a fucking nerd.

I'm going off to bed now. I'm going to try out my new Star Wars duvet.

Old 14th May 2008, 01:28     #29519
[WanG] Wandarah

bro, i still own my empire strikes back pillow i got when i was 7.

it is manky as.

Old 14th May 2008, 01:53     #29520
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

^^^ hardcore

Closed Thread