User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 9th April 2007, 16:40     #20841
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
You know you're in NZ when you're having lunch overlooking the city when some cows rock on up, chewing away as if you weren't even there.
Is this a comment on the matriarchy or agricultural nature of things?

Old 9th April 2007, 17:09     #20842
Draco T Bastard

I'm having difficulty writing this assignment. Haven't even got one word down yet and I've read all the material twice.

Old 9th April 2007, 17:26     #20843
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoP
i've had mine registered, and been on since 2000... and not one HB thread. I hate you all
Who are you?

Old 9th April 2007, 17:27     #20844
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco T Bastard
I'm having difficulty writing this assignment. Haven't even got one word down yet and I've read all the material twice.
Are they forcing you to write about the pros of capitalism?

Old 9th April 2007, 17:38     #20845
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Is this a comment on the matriarchy or agricultural nature of things?
Specifically bovines.

Old 9th April 2007, 17:45     #20846
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
You know you're in NZ when you're having lunch overlooking the city when some cows rock on up, chewing away as if you weren't even there.
I guess that doesn't happen in any other country.

Old 9th April 2007, 19:26     #20847
Erazhure

i have no idea how many pages back, but remember i random posted about the dripping water mains in the basement... and i didnt tell the guy who owns house, coz hes a cunt and doesnt deserve to be told?.........

..... its still dripping

..... and i still dont care.

wonder how long it will take his lazy ass to ever go down there.
any bets? im gonna say 2 more months at LEAST!

Old 9th April 2007, 19:46     #20848
p01s0n

Foriegn cows are more observant.

Old 9th April 2007, 21:48     #20849
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco T Bastard
You've realised now that all your ramblings in the past have been wrong? Well, it took you a long time but you pulled through. Don't worry that this assignment will be portraying a new Draco; be sure that your teachers will be pleased that they haven't gotten though to you at long last.

Old 9th April 2007, 21:54     #20850
Draco T Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
You've realised now that all your ramblings in the past have been wrong? Well, it took you a long time but you pulled through. Don't worry that this assignment will be portraying a new Draco; be sure that your teachers will be pleased that they haven't gotten though to you at long last.
hahahaha - mildy amusing

As a matter of fact, all that I've learned at Uni so far has reinforced all my previous ramblings especially about the economy.

Old 9th April 2007, 22:15     #20851
caffiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
... your teachers will be pleased that they haven't gotten though to you ...
Que?

Old 9th April 2007, 23:49     #20852
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Typo - I make so many. It's a pity when the meaning is reversed, but I'm not going to change my habit of not proof reading anything posted here.

Old 10th April 2007, 12:59     #20853
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

I haven't been on here in 5 weeks....good to see nothing's changed. It's almost comforting.

Old 10th April 2007, 13:04     #20854
cyc
Objection!

You went without NZG for 5 weeks? That's just.... unacceptable!

Old 10th April 2007, 13:14     #20855
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
You went without NZG for 5 weeks? That's just.... unacceptable!
How long were you NZGOD deprived again?

Old 10th April 2007, 13:23     #20856
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Spent another 5 weeks student-teaching which means I was basically internet-deprived the entire time. Teachers seriously have no lives. I'm sure the ones who don't give a shit and don't plan and basically suck as teachers have a life, but I have learnt that the decent, conscientious ones (even the ones with 16+ years of teaching experience under their belts) often work 7-day weeks. Teaching is seriously looking less desirable....well, that and the horrendous amounts of little fuck-wits one has to deal with on a daily basis. They ruin it for the majority of thoroughly awesome kids out there.

Old 10th April 2007, 13:23     #20857
cyc
Objection!

I REPENTED my sins, so you shuddup!

Old 10th April 2007, 13:36     #20858
PsyK

Just make sure you don't confuse the good ones from the bad ones chiquelet.

Fuck some of my teachers were dumb. I probably would have done significantly better at school if they didn't leech all my motivation from me by simultaneously telling me i could do better at school, while top or almost top of my class in almost all subjects, and kicking me out of class daily because it was the easiest way to settle down the class.

Old 10th April 2007, 13:42     #20859
[Malks] Pixie

Well theres a website finally up for the film which one of my bands have just done the soundtrack for...

http://www.snailchase.com/index.html

Quote:
The Last Great Snail Chase is about the lives and troubles of young people living on the brink of the end of the world, or at least the end of something.

Alice is in her 20s, a graduate with a shitty job. She’s saving to head overseas, but family problems are holding her back. While she’s waiting to leave, Alice acts as our guide as we travel into the lives of her flatmates, her boyfriend’s band, her family, and a few complete strangers who’ve nothing to do with anything (probably).

Julian sells his soul to the devil's cousin.
Zoe is attempting to overthrow corporate capitalism through counter-propaganda, while Greg is building a bomb.
Josie’s just been sacked.
Petulia, a 14-year old goth, has befriended Julian’s disembodied shadow… kind of.

Meanwhile the sky is cracking apart, whales walk the earth, and a colossal tidal wave threatens to destroy the planet. People are dating and drinking coffee. Some are looking for better jobs, others are skating and smoking pot. And a bumble bee’s life hangs in the balance.

It's complicated.
Thats the offical synopsis of the film - which is good because I have had no luck describing what it's about to people!

The trailers not on there as yet - I believe it's due for release in about a weeks time :-)

Pixie

Old 10th April 2007, 21:26     #20860
crocos

Are they going for a "soo weird you MUST watch it!" angle?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية

Old 11th April 2007, 02:18     #20861
MadMax
Stuff

the fish n chip shop near work is crap. however when i get that craving for f&c im not one to complain ... well not since i get an extra patty + extra cheese on my burger

i recommend that to anyone in a similar situation? got a crappy fish n chip shop? then try a double patty double cheese burger.

Old 11th April 2007, 08:35     #20862
ala*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyK

Fuck some of my teachers were dumb. I probably would have done significantly better at school if they didn't leech all my motivation from me by simultaneously telling me i could do better at school, while top or almost top of my class in almost all subjects, and kicking me out of class daily because it was the easiest way to settle down the class.
you were probably a little cunt though. that counts for alot when you have 30 screaming motherfuckers and one little fuck is the ringleader. if you were a NICE intelligent boy/girl im sure you wouldnt have been kicked out of class.

disclaimer: im not a teacher but i lived with several

Old 11th April 2007, 09:36     #20863
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Are they going for a "soo weird you MUST watch it!" angle?
Nah - I think it just comes across that way until you've seen it. The storys actually pretty typical for any group of friends who are growing up together - just throws some weird elements in there for people to have to deal with.

There are a couple of the CG shots which I haven't seen since they've been completed so am looking forward to seeing the final product!

We've got the premier next Tuesday in Wellytron which should be fun...

Pixie

Old 11th April 2007, 10:44     #20864
Jodi

Extortion

Fuck I hate places that add a "15% holiday surcharge" during easter.

YOU CAN FUCK OFF WITH YOUR EXTORTION!

Most businesses have to manage having staff either work during easter, or not work (both cases are annoying for businesses) without charging their customers an extra 15%,

Old 11th April 2007, 11:02     #20865
Lightspeed

I think its great. I'm happy to pay extra to get some service while myself and most of the country has stopped to take a breather.

Some businesses choose to charge extra throughout the course of the year, other choose to charge extra on the specific holidays. I choose which businesses to be a patron of.

Old 11th April 2007, 11:03     #20866
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
I think its great. I'm happy to pay extra to get some service while myself and most of the country has stopped to take a breather.
That does not make sense. Typical, though.

Old 11th April 2007, 11:30     #20867
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:

Serious question, psyk: what do you think your teachers should have done? After giving the student a warning, I (and most teachers) don't hestitate to send the trouble-making kid out of class. It allows the teacher to teach, and the students to learn, because funnily enough kids HATE the one or two trouble-makers who constantly demand the attention of the teacher and disrupt their learning. (I agree with everything ala said).

Old 11th April 2007, 13:44     #20868
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi
Fuck I hate places that add a "15% holiday surcharge" during easter.

YOU CAN FUCK OFF WITH YOUR EXTORTION!

Most businesses have to manage having staff either work during easter, or not work (both cases are annoying for businesses) without charging their customers an extra 15%,
I agree....
if they cant adsorb the cost of O/T then dont open.....

Its really bad when it happened to be once at the WestPac Stadium - over priced venue as it is, and they chuck another 15% on top

Old 11th April 2007, 13:51     #20869
PsyK

I can see where you're looking at this from but presuming i was a little cunt and deserved it isn't quite fair (although i am a cunt, it's not in the disruptive way). You see the thing is the teachers wern't kicking me out because i was the one being disruptive, but because the whole class was being disruptive and i was seen as a kind of figure head for the class, and as such kicking me out sent the strongest message, irrespective of whether or not i was doing, or had finished my work ahead of everyone. It's of complicated but in almost my situation went like this:

step 1: i'd not put up my hand before saying something a couple of times so i'd get moved to the front of the class with other students who were disruptive or struggled with the work near the beginning of the year.
step 2: these people obviously talk a lot so i'd be considered part of the talking group. I generally didn't talk to them and so i got my work finished fast and would either get distracted cause i was bored and talk, or i would try to help someone around me who was struggling so i did get seen talking now and then which reinforced this image, even if i was helping students.
step 3: the general group i was forced into sitting with would be noisy at the same time as the rest of the class and the teacher would pick me out and shout at me to shut up while i wasn't talking. I have only one thing that truly sets me off, and that's being accused of things i havn't done so i couldn't help but point out that i was the one working in the group. The teacher would get angry that i talked back and kick me out.

The clincher though is that after getting kicked out they would come to explain their decision (like a teacher should i guess) but they wouldn't be able to explain it in terms of me having done something wrong. instead i often heard things like "it's not about whether you were right, but that i have to be strong in front of the class and have pride" or "Sorry, it's just easier to tell you off and remove you from class than to try to work out who was actually causing the disruption". In fact something i hold as proof that i was probably right is that i almost never had to do a detention or anything for getting kicked out of class like everyone else who did, because when my form teacher, who had to hand out discipline according to complaints against me, met with the teacher that kicked me out he would find that i was in the right.

On the whole warning thing, i wish. I almost never got a warning, and generally if i got a warning that would be the thing which set me off and would lead the teacher to kick me out. In fact i've been told a story which i vaguely remember about coming into a class where a withdrawal slip had been written for me before i got into the class. When i asked the teacher why she had a withdrawal slip for me when class hadn't even started she said that was all she was gonna hear from me and kicked me out.

Like i said, just don't confuse the good ones from the bad ones :P

Old 11th April 2007, 14:07     #20870
Sp0nge

I can see where youre coming from PsyK, too many bad teachers have no control of a class, and then look for a scapegoat.

The best teachers I've had, as well as knowing their stuff, always had respect of the pupils. They got this respect by dealing with problems as they arose and not passing the problem to somebody else. They were usually firm but fair.

the worst teacher was always sending people out of her class and giving them detention. she got no respect from us, and we used to play up just to see how loud she could scream!

Old 11th April 2007, 14:19     #20871
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0nge
the worst teacher was always sending people out of her class and giving them detention. she got no respect from us, and we used to play up just to see how loud she could scream!
Ahh reminds me of our R.E teacher, Mr Reid.
Use to love getting him riled up, and the beauty of the whole thing was when we got after school detention, we would show up at end of school time and the detention teacher would see that Mr Reid gave us the d, and just shrug it off and send us home. None of the teachers liked him either.

Old 11th April 2007, 14:25     #20872
Draco T Bastard

Quote:
Stuff
Yeah - teachers like that just need to be fired. If you're going to tell someone off you could at least get the right person.

Old 11th April 2007, 15:03     #20873
MadMax
Stuff

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4021841a28.html

considering you're reading the random thoughts thread, how much time a month do YOU lose?

Old 11th April 2007, 15:07     #20874
StN
I have detailed files

More to the point, how many days are lost wilfing for a milfing?

Old 11th April 2007, 15:31     #20875
Draco T Bastard

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/...ectid=10433569
Quote:
The village lies east of the Medway, beyond the chalky escarpment of the North Downs and the ancient Pilgrims' Way between Winchester and Canterbury.

The approach descends to Tumblefield Rd. On one side is the churchyard of St Mary the Virgin, abounding with daffodils. Opposite stands the Black Horse Inn.

Yet according to British Airways, this is the location for Britain's third-busiest airport.
They definately need to get a better software company as
Quote:
Fixing the problem requires entirely new software to be installed across the fleet.
For some reason the one they used didn't think that using a database based mapping system was a good idea.

Old 11th April 2007, 17:12     #20876
ala*

Quote:
stuff

Like i said, just don't confuse the good ones from the bad ones :P
ok point taken. but i still i cant see how you possibly had that many shitty teachers who would significantly impact your education. if you had that many, year after year, damn, you were one unlucky (and not so smart) kid.

(Cause if you were smart enough you would have figured a way to get yourself out of the situation, like, i dunno, complaining to someone in charge/getting parents involved etc)

Old 11th April 2007, 17:28     #20877
Rep

What course you doing Draco?

Old 11th April 2007, 18:06     #20878
PsyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ala*
ok point taken. but i still i cant see how you possibly had that many shitty teachers who would significantly impact your education. if you had that many, year after year, damn, you were one unlucky (and not so smart) kid.

(Cause if you were smart enough you would have figured a way to get yourself out of the situation, like, i dunno, complaining to someone in charge/getting parents involved etc)
Na, once i got to fifth form it mostly stopped because the classes became far more mixed, meaning i was no longer looked at as a ring leader and left to work on my own.

Sadly i did try complaining, instead i ended up on daily report, and my parents didn't give a shit (school was far from on their list of priorities for me).

Old 11th April 2007, 18:16     #20879
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4021841a28.html

considering you're reading the random thoughts thread, how much time a month do YOU lose?

*flicks through the headline*
LONDON
I wonder how much extra time kiwi's put into the companies they work for a month...I'd say two days at least

Old 11th April 2007, 18:37     #20880
Sp0nge

work is what you do in between internet breaks

Closed Thread