crocos

"What would you say to a nice cuppa tea then, Father Jack?"

"Feck off cup."

Old 4th May 2005, 15:17     #8964
DMZ Funnel Web

o_O

Quote:
Originally posted by StN

I laughed - several times. Like when he said he could see right down her top. And when he asked where he should keep his coffin, 'cause he wasn't gonna use it right away.
Then there was comment about wanking, which in his case was quite difficult. Poor Bastard

Old 4th May 2005, 15:20     #8965
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Went to the regular Fish N Chip shop

It was closed

The sign on the door said

"Hello, for some reason we are close, please come back when we re-open"

Old 5th May 2005, 02:53     #8966
crocos

Mmm... Monin Mango Tea Concentrate + RedBull = yum.

Hmm... I should probably go to bed, seeing as I've got a meeting to attend in just over 6 hours time... but TOO caffinated, despite having the above mix a little over 2 hours ago. More fool me, I guess.

Last edited by crocos : 5th May 2005 at 03:01.

Old 5th May 2005, 04:11     #8967
Dan

"Borders have guards and the guards have guns. This is an obvious fact of political life but one that is easily hidden from view—at least from the view of those of us who are citizens of affluent Western democracies. To Haitians in small, leaky boats confronted by armed Coast Guard cutters, to Salvadorans dying from heat and lack of air after being smuggled into the Arizona desert, to Guatemalans crawling through rat-infested sewer pipes from Mexico to California—to these people the borders, guards, and guns are all too apparent. What justifies the use of force against such people? Perhaps borders and guards can be justified as a way of keeping out criminals, subversives, or armed invaders. But most of those trying to get in are not like that. They are ordinary, peaceful people, seeking only the opportunity to build decent, secure lives for themselves and their families. On what moral grounds can these sorts of people be kept out? What gives anyone the right to point guns at them?"

Old 5th May 2005, 08:22     #8968
xor

o_O

Are you studying ethics? o_O

Old 5th May 2005, 10:01     #8969
Nambio

I have to stay, thats one of the stupidest things I have ever read.

perhaps it is because they don't have an education to build a decent life. Perhaps it is because they would only cost US taxpayer money if they got in. Perhaps it is because if they opened their borders then the US would be inundated with 35 million mexicans. THEN what would fucking california be like. Jesus I hope u don't actually believe that quote Dan...

Old 5th May 2005, 12:19     #8970
Slothking

Something I've always wondered:

Is the quote 'Video games don't ruin us as kids. If Pacman ruined us as kids, we would all be running around in dark rooms, eating magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music' just really badly thought out, or a deliberately humorous irony in that it describes the nightclubbing situation to a T, thus suggesting that videogames do, in fact, ruin people as kids?

Old 5th May 2005, 12:29     #8971
Draco T Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by Nambio

perhaps it is because they don't have an education to build a decent life. Perhaps it is because they would only cost US taxpayer money if they got in. Perhaps it is because if they opened their borders then the US would be inundated with 35 million mexicans. THEN what would fucking california be like. Jesus I hope u don't actually believe that quote Dan...
Please learn grammar - it would make comprehension of what you're actually trying to say so much easier.

If you do a bit of research then you'll find that the US tends to try and stop the Mexicans and all of Latin America from improving the lives of the majority so as to have cheap labour and massive profits.

Old 5th May 2005, 12:35     #8972
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally posted by Slothking
Something I've always wondered:

Is the quote 'Video games don't ruin us as kids. If Pacman ruined us as kids, we would all be running around in dark rooms, eating magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music' just really badly thought out, or a deliberately humorous irony in that it describes the nightclubbing situation to a T, thus suggesting that videogames do, in fact, ruin people as kids?
haha
That used to be my sig, i think its still my irc quit message.

and yes, it's supposed to be funny, i thought that was obvious

Old 5th May 2005, 12:39     #8973
Dan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nambio

1) It is rhetoric rather than a reasoned argument.

2) Its main point is to raise a question. You can't believe questions.

BTW the quote is from an article by Joseph Carens and their is nothing stupid about what he says. It's in Theorizing Citizenship Ronald Beiner (ed.), State University of New York Press, 1995 if you want to read it...

Old 5th May 2005, 12:41     #8974
Slothking

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyberbob
haha
That used to be my sig, i think its still my irc quit message.

and yes, it's supposed to be funny, i thought that was obvious
Probably is - I've just never been clubbing, so I wasn't immediately aware of the irony. I was probably a seal in my past life.

Old 5th May 2005, 13:25     #8975
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan
"What gives anyone the right to point guns at them?"
They're probably smelly.

Old 5th May 2005, 15:59     #8976
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Sitting in a meeting at work and who should turn up but Richie McCaw and Chris Jack

( I have pics, so it did happen )

Old 5th May 2005, 16:30     #8977
Rangoon Attack

mmm annual leave

Old 5th May 2005, 18:43     #8978
Chrono
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Can you post up the pics, please?

Old 5th May 2005, 20:06     #8979
::Shocker

Great, according to UoA's online coursework system thingy, I got 68 out of 40 for my last assignment :|

Now I have to get out of my comfy chair, leave my basement and actually go to the uni to sort things out

Old 5th May 2005, 20:21     #8980
Draco T Bastard

I've just made a horrifying discovery - I'm almost out of beer.

Old 5th May 2005, 20:52     #8981
crocos

Quick! This bloke needs 2 dozen, STAT!

Old 5th May 2005, 23:25     #8982
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by flic
Sitting in a meeting at work and who should turn up but Richie McCaw and Chris Jack
And then they realised they weren't in the toilets, posed for photos to save face and then scarpered?

Old 5th May 2005, 23:52     #8983
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Can you post up the pics, please?
yeah, eventually

Old 6th May 2005, 00:49     #8984
Cyberbob

i know my icq number off by heart, i know a god damn starcraft cd key off by heart, but i cant remember my bloody phone number

Old 6th May 2005, 01:08     #8985
riven

Talking

lol ditto ;P

Old 6th May 2005, 01:21     #8986
crocos

I can remember the last dozen passwords I've used at work (and no, not somename1, somename2 - strong passwords), the licence plates of every car I've owned, the numbers of my bank accounts, credit cards etc (including the internal BNZ customer AKA BIS number) alsorts of phone numbers, but I keep on forgetting names: Doesn't matter if I've known you 5 mins or 5 years or even all my life.

Hell, on the weekend I called my Mum by my sisters name (they look nothing alike) and I carry on conversations with coworkers, remembering their background, the names and details of the systems they look after or whatever, but stuffed if I can remember their names.

I've developed a habbit as a result: I call everyone (variously) "trouble" or "mate" or some other form of generic label like that.

Same issue can happen when I'm talking about things... I'll forget the correct term for something and without realising it start using a different term but in the correct context for the right term. This can happen in the middle of a conversation. Tell ya... it can make it as confusing as all fuck trying to learn anything off me aurally.

Old 6th May 2005, 07:17     #8987
Slothking

Memorising the theme song for Animaniacs paid off in full last night.

Old 6th May 2005, 08:22     #8988
xor

My workmate is late....*sighs*

Old 6th May 2005, 08:31     #8989
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally posted by xor
My workmate is late....*sighs*
Oh, FFS - Don't screw the crew!

Old 6th May 2005, 09:20     #8990
xor

o_O

I never knew women worked in IT

Old 6th May 2005, 09:50     #8991
StN
I have detailed files

= WIN!

Last edited by StN : 6th May 2005 at 09:59.

Old 6th May 2005, 09:51     #8992
xor

broken image au fulla bay

yuo = looser

Old 6th May 2005, 09:58     #8993
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally posted by xor
broken image au fulla bay

yuo = looser
Heh - I blame Orcon's excellent hosting services...

or perhaps me missing off the country part of the url...

Last edited by StN : 6th May 2005 at 10:00.

Old 6th May 2005, 10:19     #8994
TnT

welease woderwick!

Old 6th May 2005, 10:28     #8995
Perfk
snakes & ladders

Quote:
Originally posted by StN
= WIN!
I thought they were kinda horrid when I first tried them
but they do grow on ya

Old 6th May 2005, 10:47     #8996
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally posted by Slothking
Memorising the theme song for Animaniacs paid off in full last night.
haha please tell me how i can exploit this knowledge. I too know the entire theme song, but have yet to find a purpose.

Old 6th May 2005, 11:31     #8997
Rabble

Devil grin

Quote:
Originally posted by xor
I never knew women worked in IT
They don't. Nothing female ever comes within a metre of anything geeky.

Last edited by Rabble : 6th May 2005 at 11:35.

Old 6th May 2005, 11:33     #8998
Cyberbob

pfft.
My gf managed to survive a weekend in auckland with o-bots and nzgamers. It was a bloody miracle.

Old 6th May 2005, 11:36     #8999
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rabble
They don't. Nothing female ever comes within a metre of anything geeky.
Wow you should try meeting more women - you may be surprised.

Pixie

Old 6th May 2005, 11:36     #9000
Rabble

Holy crap

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyberbob
pfft.
My gf managed to survive a weekend in auckland with o-bots and nzgamers. It was a bloody miracle.
OMGWTFBSHAX!

He's right! It IS a miracle! Bob has a gf!

Closed Thread