NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 3rd July 2007, 09:36     #41
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Not that it actually says it was a boy racer (as they can't prove it yet)

http://stuff.co.nz/thepress/4115744a6530.html
Old 3rd July 2007, 10:05     #42
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
It was too early to say whether alcohol and speed were factors in the crash.

Police had taken blood samples from the 20-year-old driver, who was not injured.

It could take several weeks to get the results, Dwyer said.
And yet they can perform evidential blood tests at a police station, and get a result right away...
Old 3rd July 2007, 10:36     #43
Cyberbob

Quote:
Police would not release the name of the driver yester-day.
I'm sorry, when?
Old 3rd July 2007, 12:42     #44
Furry Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konev
i think some no more gaps or gorilla filler into the fart cannon would do wonders as well.

fish guts in the muffler or on it too.
Better Idea...just walk around town with some near expiry milk and pour it down the air vents of the car (bottom on windscreen if you don't know where).

That should leave a delightful aroma for the occupants for weeks to come

Old 3rd July 2007, 13:53     #45
Juju
get to da choppa

So you see a nice car and feel vindicated in doing the above measures?

Of which you would never actually do, apart from talking about it on a forum.
Old 3rd July 2007, 14:32     #46
Ritalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Crew
Better Idea...just walk around town with some near expiry milk and pour it down the air vents of the car (bottom on windscreen if you don't know where).

That should leave a delightful aroma for the occupants for weeks to come
So you advocate doing this to any car around town that is perceived as being a 'Boy Racer' car?
This is interesting because the wikipedia page on Boy Racers lists two common boy racer cars as being Honda Civics and Renault Clios.

Don't you drive a Clio, Furry?
Old 3rd July 2007, 14:33     #47
?>Superman

Juju's right, it's almost as bad as people who go on and on about the things they would do to a rapist/murderer/drunk driver "ZOMG i WOULD liek SO kill HIS FACE KEkekEKeka" when in actual fact they wouldn't do shit and would cower behind an azalea bush while soaking their adult nappy in urine.
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:03     #48
Disinformation

Speedbumps are a frigging retarded idea. Usually proposed by morons who drive Land Rover Discoveries or similar.

They just make it more likely the original idiot speeders will get airborn and do some real damage.
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:10     #49
creepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disinformation
Speedbumps are a frigging retarded idea. Usually proposed by morons who drive Land Rover Discoveries or similar.

They just make it more likely the original idiot speeders will get airborn and do some real damage.
I think thats crap, I think they do a good job on my street and are completely necessary. people hoon around where I live, and there are a lot of cars parked on the street, and children walking around. I feel it makes it safer. Besides, not everyone lowers the springs in their cars and cant get over speed bumps.
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:13     #50
A Corpse
talkative lurker

There's a set of nearby streets that have just all had speedbumps laid. I make a point of getting back to 50 between them. Probably quite a lot noisier for residents that way.
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:18     #51
creepy

well after having had my last car written off by a fuckwit driver who was driving too fast down my street, i feel much better with the speed bumps. You wouldnt bother picking up too much speed between these speed bumps, theres too many of them. So many people nail their cars on them everyday, it gives me some satisfaction.
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:48     #52
NT_VlaD

Actually I was being sarcastic
Quote:
The 'Boy racer' term itself is considered by some to be derogatory, as not all car modifiers are necesarily in their teens, or of the male gender. Most 'boy racers' do not associate themselves with the term, and instead think of themselves as car enthusiasts.
Very much so.
To me its an overused term which people who dont no diddly about cars use to "generalise" anyone who drives a car in any manner which is not deemed acceptable or normal.
It is especially true of news writers.
Its a very similar term as "New Wave" was to music, no one knew what the fuck it meant but it seemed to fit someones definition of a type of music and therefore became an acceptable term.

Im not pro idiot, Im pro fact, Most of the "Boy Racers" that find themselves on Tv could also be described as "An idiot caught misusing a car"
Im unsure how many people posting on this thread can honestly say they have never done anything stupid in a car or ever spun out or ever hit another car.
To be honest I wish I was as perfect as some people here.
All the online forums have done the BR diagnosis to death and the general consensus is like I said above.
It used to be only applicable to Jap car drivers and if you did the exact same stupid thing in a v8 holden or old bmw that was ok , but in a japper ...Damned to be called a Boy Racer.
Now it just applies to anyone of any age doing anything in any car which others dont think is appropriate.
I cant see anything in the first post which proves anything about the event prior to you arriving on the scene, what was the outcome ?
Did the driver say he was racing someone else and lost control ?

Anyway ....Racetracks for racing on
Roads for getting to racetracks.
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:49     #53
Disinformation

There is easily enough space to hit 50 between those speed bumps (much more in a car with a reasonable amount of power).

You'll notice there are deep gouges out of the road before and after each bump - indicating a fair few people hit them at fairly high speed anyway. The munters who cause these problems in the first place aren't going to be deterred by a little damage to the undersides of their vehicles. All it's doing is putting extra wear and tear on everyones vehicles, and no doubt adding to air and sound pollution levels.
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:51     #54
DevilWTKC

We have got race tracks and there is no excuse not to use them. Us adults are fine with taking the time to drive (our bikes ) to them and no, they're not going to be closer to town. You try building something like that near houses.

No it's not going to be $10 either, racetracks require maintenance, safety and other administrative costs. Especially if these dumb cunts were going to be driving on them.

...and while i'm here. Can we either:
a) Ban drifting, or...
b) Give those inconsiderate mother fuckers brooms to go clean up their mess afterwards...and...
c) Castrate those brainless fucktards who do stationery burnouts on the racetrack.

Last edited by DevilWTKC : 3rd July 2007 at 21:53.
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:56     #55
Disinformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilWTKC
No it's not going to be $10 either, racetracks require maintenance, safety and other administrative costs. Especially if these dumb cunts were going to be driving on them.
Ain't that the truth.

Everyone wants something for nothing. If you can afford to spend many thou on gay-ass chrome mags and stoopid intercoolers you should be able to afford to pay a reasonable amount for the use of a track.
Old 3rd July 2007, 22:07     #56
creepy

Quote:
There is easily enough space to hit 50 between those speed bumps (much more in a car with a reasonable amount of power).

You'll notice there are deep gouges out of the road before and after each bump - indicating a fair few people hit them at fairly high speed anyway. The munters who cause these problems in the first place aren't going to be deterred by a little damage to the undersides of their vehicles. All it's doing is putting extra wear and tear on everyones vehicles, and no doubt adding to air and sound pollution levels.
Im guessing you know the street im talking about then. People who drive over those bumps often would slow down to avoid damaging their cars. So it doesnt slow down everyone, but it does slow down a lot of people. And youd have to accelerate pretty fast to get up to 50 between the bumps outside my house.
Old 3rd July 2007, 22:18     #57
OoKiE

Quote:
If you can afford to spend many thou on gay-ass chrome mags and stoopid intercoolers you should be able to afford to pay a reasonable amount for the use of a track.
I was going to say something very similar but decided against reading some crap about the difference between boy racers and car fanatics.
Old 3rd July 2007, 23:18     #58
JP

I don't think anyone who drives an SUV (apart from the tiny minority who are farmers/offroaders) can complain about boy racers.

They fit the two main categories exactly.

Fucking stupid, and have pointlessly excessive vehicles (excessive speed, excessive size, and no you don't need the extra room, get a station wagon).

Don't give a shit about others safety. Especially those who still have bullbars attached, worse than boy racers as far as i'm concerned. Not only that, but blocking others views at intersections. The list goes on.
Old 3rd July 2007, 23:38     #59
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_VlaD
Anyway ....Racetracks for breaking things on
Roads for towing your car home on.
damn racetracks and their car destroying ways.
Old 4th July 2007, 01:15     #60
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
rant
The fuck? So in your world driving at 150km/h down a suburban street in a dangerously modified vehicle is equivalent in some way with taking up space at an intersection?
Old 4th July 2007, 01:38     #61
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
The fuck? So in your world driving at 150km/h down a suburban street in a dangerously modified vehicle is equivalent in some way with taking up space at an intersection?
That's an extreme example, never seen anyone do that. I'm sure plenty of people in SUV's go way over the speed limit too. Extreme examples don't count for shit.

A better example would be wayyyyyy excessive acceleration. Something common enough to be used as a generalisation.

This could be compared with the dumb shits in SUV's on cell phones while driving their behemoths. And no, i've never seen a boy racer on their cellphone while going at excessive speed, especially considering most are manuals.

Next.
Old 4th July 2007, 19:59     #62
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
That's an extreme example, never seen anyone do that. I'm sure plenty of people in SUV's go way over the speed limit too. Extreme examples don't count for shit.

A better example would be wayyyyyy excessive acceleration. Something common enough to be used as a generalisation.

This could be compared with the dumb shits in SUV's on cell phones while driving their behemoths. And no, i've never seen a boy racer on their cellphone while going at excessive speed, especially considering most are manuals.

Next.
I'm with Si and his "the fuck?" comment

I cant work out your arguments at all here.....
Old 4th July 2007, 20:26     #63
Reformed_Quint

Trying to drive while talking on the phone in a manual, $300 new bumper.

Screaming at your passenger to change gears, and have them go the wrong way causing you to drop a gear, $600.

Being labeled a boy racer because of your car even though your mum's goes faster, priceless.

My mum drives an R34... dammit
Old 4th July 2007, 22:00     #64
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint

your mum is a boyracer
Old 4th July 2007, 23:16     #65
DevilWTKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint

Yeah, I bought it for her.
Old 5th July 2007, 01:18     #66
DRa1N

^
Old 5th July 2007, 18:36     #67
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilWTKC
Yeah, I bought it for her.
Man, i'd welcome u as my new daddy if you buy me shit like that too.
Old 5th July 2007, 18:47     #68
NT_VlaD

Quote:
dangerously modified
Please explain,
The people who modified it were in danger ?
The modifications were somehow dangerous ?
It has been modified in a way as to make it dangerous ?(but not the driver)
It smokes excessively ?
Old 5th July 2007, 19:28     #69
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_VlaD
Please explain,
The people who modified it were in danger ?
The modifications were somehow dangerous ?
It has been modified in a way as to make it dangerous ?(but not the driver)
It smokes excessively ?
geez dont you ever read the herald? boyracers = bad things, dont ask how, boyracers just = bad things.
Old 5th July 2007, 20:01     #70
?>Superman

I hear they wear hoodies and hats AT THE SAME TIME, this sort of shit is unheard of.

I'd say it is definitely time to panic.
Old 5th July 2007, 23:35     #71
p-b

No, wearing hats and hoodies at the same time would make you either Scribe, or Con Psy.
Old 6th July 2007, 12:09     #72
Stalk3r

maybe, just maybe...testing a theory here........ maybe scribe IS a boyracer, maybe the king of said boy racers

zomg What a twist
Old 6th July 2007, 12:35     #73
p01s0n

am i doing it right guys?

Old 6th July 2007, 12:43     #74
Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
i used to drive a SUV, drove it like a absolute prick out of hell. now i drive a hatch back with bling bling rims. So yer i'd have to agree same excess involved.

SUVs on residential roads and motorways are LOL in my opinion, what the FUCK does anyone need a friggin hilux for anyway. in auckland? LOL and thats small fry. Prado's / Cayenne's / Q7s / Explorer's / land cruisers? Oh god, and ppl used to give me shit for driving a v8 what a load of shit. SUV's are just plain NUISANCE machines.
Old 13th July 2007, 16:47     #75
Draco T Bastard

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/46...ectid=10451193
Quote:
A reader writes: "This was the sight that we were confronted with when our elderly next door neighbour mistook the accelerator for the brake! She reversed so hard she ended up crushing trees and destroying her own brick wall! Who says boy racers are the ones to watch."
Old 13th July 2007, 16:54     #76
Sp0nge

was she hot?