NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 20th January 2012, 20:53     #481
crocos

GM: At best the one you're thinking of is a statistical outlier.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 29th January 2012, 22:11     #482
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
A man will appear in court tomorrow charged with the murder of baby Serenity Jay Scott-Dinnington, who died in Ngaruawahia last April.

The 6-month-old was found unresponsive at the house where she lived with her mother Chelsea Scott, Ms Scott's partner Matthew Ellery and her brother Drew.

Serenity was taken to Starship Hospital's paediatric intensive care unit last April with severe brain injuries that police said were non-accidental and her life support was turned off two days later.

Detective Senior Sergeant Mark Greene of Waikato CIB said a 21-year-old man was arrested today and would appear in Hamilton District Court tomorrow on a charge of murder.

It is understood the arrested man is Matthew Ellery.

"Today's arrest is also testament to the local Ngaruawahia community who very early on in the piece made it very clear they were not going to tolerate violence towards children and young folk on their back door step, and rallied behind police,'' Mr Greene said.

Ms Scott has since given birth to another daughter but spent only 48 hours with her before the child was placed in care.
There's just too much material there for a snarky comment. One doesn't know where to start.
Old 29th January 2012, 22:58     #483
CCS
Stunt Pants

At least the mother's partner is white this time! Wonder what Michael Laws will say.
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:17     #484
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Sucks to be SOCK

Quote:
A man charged with manslaughter after the death of his girlfriend's five-month-old son in Flaxmere 15 months ago has gone on trial in the High Court in Napier.

The trial started today with 23-year-old Trent Owen Ngaruhe Hapuku pleading not guilty, denying he assaulted the child and caused the injury which led to the death of Mikara Ranui Darius Reti on January 11 last year.

Crown prosecutor Steve Manning said Mikara Reti died of severe internal bleeding after the rupturing of his liver as it was forced against his spine, in what must have been an assault within barely an hour before Hapuku and baby's mother mother Jamie took the child to hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10800927
Old 23rd April 2012, 22:03     #485
crocos

If there's one thread on this forum that's guaranteed to rage me up, it's this one. Shit like this is fucking horrid.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 24th April 2012, 08:20     #486
aR Que

I like how they always plead non-guilty, then once convicted show 'genuine remorse'.
Old 28th April 2012, 11:38     #487
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Another day, another...

Quote:
Kerry Ratana has been sentenced to 16 and a half years' jail for killing and sexually violating his five-year-old step daughter Sahara Jayde Baker-Koro.

Ratana, 25, killed Sahara on December 20, 2010. He pleaded guilty to manslaughter but denied a charge of sexual violation.

Ratana appeared before Justice Denis Clifford in the High Court in Napier this morning.

Justice Clifford imposed a minimum prison term of eight years and three months.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...-Ratana-jailed
Old 28th April 2012, 12:09     #488
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I always find it somewhat creepy that someone can kill a baby/child, and then be free for another 18 months doing whatever the fuck they want before going to court and getting sentenced. Surely we can postpone Thursday's drink driving hearings when there's been a murder? Do these people spend 18 months in remand?
Old 28th April 2012, 18:31     #489
SickBo@Work

Bail?
Old 28th April 2012, 19:55     #490
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
I always find it somewhat creepy that someone can kill a baby/child, and then be free for another 18 months doing whatever the fuck they want before going to court and getting sentenced. Surely we can postpone Thursday's drink driving hearings when there's been a murder? Do these people spend 18 months in remand?
Err, here's news for you: people who plead guilty are almost certainly remanded in custody right away for sentencing, which won't happen right away of course. The people that are out on bail whilst CHARGED with murder are those who elect to defend the charge, with the trial occuring before a jury. Jury trials are time consuming and require plenty of preparation by both sides -- the average time a murder trial takes to go to the High Court is around 12 to 18 months.

And, no, deferring drink driving hearings won't change a fucking thing. Those hearings occur at District Courts and only the High Court has juridiction to hear murder charges. In short, like most posts of yours, the previous one is completely uninformed and filled with utter garbage.
Old 28th April 2012, 20:29     #491
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I don't actually care about the details, tbh. If you have a fight in town, you're in court on Monday. If you kill a kid, you're in court in 2014. Serious guy~
Old 28th April 2012, 20:48     #492
tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
I don't actually care about the details, tbh. If you have a fight in town, you're in court on Monday. If you kill a kid, you're in court in 2014. Serious guy~
If you don't have a fight in town and the local mediocre court finds you guilty you have a small problem.

If you don't rape and kill a kid and the good judges are busy you want to just run it through the local guys?
Old 28th April 2012, 20:51     #493
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tor
If you don't have a fight in town and the local mediocre court finds you guilty you have a small problem.

If you don't rape and kill a kid and the good judges are busy you want to just run it through the local guys?
I hate to also break this to you but in NZ the best jury trial judges are actually at the District Court. Of course, personally I've never understood why we have jury trials in the first place.
Old 18th May 2016, 15:35     #494
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

fucking bump.
Old 18th May 2016, 16:40     #495
CCS
Stunt Pants

What does society do about SOCK syndrome?