View Single Post
Old 19th April 2009, 10:54     #138
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
From my POV. A character reference is a character reference.
I agree. A couple of well known people have now learned that this is pretty close to true too.

IMO: Being willing to claim that a person is a fine and upstanding individual in private but being unwilling to claim the same in public points to nothing other than a complete lack of integrity. All those who were involved needed to say was "I'd not expected what I'd written to be used like this, but I absolutely stand by what I've written"; of course this hasn't happened. These people's integrities are now rubbished and thus their character references should be ignored.

There have been countless examples of "famous" people being caught out endorsing things that they simply don't understand. Really, all that happened here is a repeat of the same old story - an IQ test has been administered and the score coming back was pretty ordinary.

People who make Judge are smart. I'd be surprised indeed if any were stupid enough to rely heavily on character references from people whose only claim to credibility is that they're well known.