View Single Post
Old 12th January 2004, 15:38     #11
Foggerty

Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseus
If it's been TV watching or reading, it'll take about 2 minutes tops. Often happens so quick that I forget to turn the light off.
/breaks down and sobs...
I hate you!

I've been going to bed around 2:00 quite regularly lately - simply because otherwise I lie awake with random crap going through my head for bloody hours. I'm currently unemployed however, so my fault for letting my sleeping paterns get pushed this far forward. Remember folks, it's much harder to reset them than it is to fuck them up, because you're not just resetting you bodys clock you're also fighting against a habit you've developed

Quote:
Originally posted by Phantom
Get away from a computer / tv an hour prior to going to bed. Read a book or do the dishes or something.
Yup, very good advice.

I'm also setting my alarm fairly early (i.e. 7:00 - for me this is an evil early hour invented by Satan) so that the following night I will want to go to bed at a reasonable time cos I'll be feeling so tired (so goes the theory, hasn't really worked so far because I wake up, switch it off and fall back to sleep in about five seconds, then wake again at past midday. That, or I sleep through two hours of radio, but with weird dreams that involve the Radio Active breakfast DJs.).