View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2006, 14:29     #38
seanfish

Thank you for the article.

It does not indicate any psychological research was undertaken as to the prevalence of psychopathy in business. It indicates that some already convicted business criminals had psychopathic tendencies - thus it argued that a group of demonstrably "antisocial" people were antisocial. Quite circular in argument.

This is popular opinion masquerading as research. There is no actual clinical investigation being cited here - just a loose lining up of impressions of public people with the DSM-IV. The writer of the article, Alan Deutschman is a senior writer for http://www.fastcompany.com/ - which is a management e-magazine. He is a business journalist, not a psychological researcher.

Understand that I don't grudge you your opinion - you're free to hold it. I am however an information professional. When you claim your opinion is backed up by "research", I become concerned for the provenance of that research. There is no research here at all - so I am left to think you only have opinion, and are willing to bolster it from any source if you think it proves your point.