View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2006, 11:29     #34
caffiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
Not ineffectual, more like incomplete.
Fair call. It was just my experience; but I'm convinced it would apply to many. No I don't have any tangible evidence as to why.

Quote:
The World isn't becoming a more depressing place and I suppose it saddens me to suppose you think the reverse. May be you just need a different type of help?
Yeah, well there we can just agree to disagree. My point was that the way things are (and are heading) there is more potential for people to become depressed. You can't deny that recent world events and the general prognosis for the world prevalent in the populist media (regardless of how accurate it is) make for pretty shitty reading/viewing/listening. Are you seriously saying the world is a happier place from 10 years ago? 5 years even? Maybe for you and your individual circumstances, but I'd wager not for the majority of people.

And I'm not sure where you're going with the 'maybe you need help' comment. Is that meant to get me riled? Are you being serious? Because I'm genuinely not sure what you're driving at. Please, elaborate.

Quote:
Anyway, your experience isn't a proxy of what is best for every other living person.
Again fair point, but by the same logic neither is your opinion. In fact your opinion, devoid of personal experience, has even less merit.

Last edited by caffiend : 22nd July 2006 at 11:32.