View Single Post
Old 11th February 2006, 21:08     #12
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumJaun
Ask to speak with a supervisor. You could email you comments to BBservices.feedback(at)telecom(dot)co(dot)nz You should have been given a case # from your call but your username should suffice.
I had to ask him for the case number, but yes I do have one. I will send an email about it, thanks for the address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumJaun
As you said only when you called back you were advised by the recorded message of an outage. Often the first indicator of an issue is an influx of calls to the helpdesk, during this period each rep is submitting data at the end of their call to be analysed to determine the nature of the fault (this is also passed onto Net Ops for investigation). So there will be a small delay for a network message to appear on the phone.
Yep, and this is what I suspected happened. However, Jeremy put me on hold for between 4 and 6 minutes (after I explained DNS to him a couple of times) to "check with someone", then came back and continued to insist that there were no problems. This is what primarily pissed me off, as I then had to needlessly start messing around with my lan to try and find a non-existant problem. If he had just told me he didn't know wtf was going on, would follow it up, and then call me back, I would have been happy. Instead, he basically told me that it was my problem, deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco T Bastard
IT Helpdesk people are hired more for customer facing ability than technical expertise these days. Apparently it's better to use all the right words in the correct format than it is to actually fix the issue
Yep, and that has been a big complaint of mine ever since getting off frontline support myself, possibly another reason I got so angry about the call.

Anyway, cheers for the info guys, I'll send the email tonight.