View Single Post
Old 11th February 2006, 13:48     #4
SumJaun
Cogito Ergo Sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
The second time I rang back, I heard the status msg, and then held for 15 minutes to talk to someone about the whole thing. At that stage, the net came back up, and I had better things to do than hold just to tell his supervisor what a useless fish he is.
Ask to speak with a supervisor. You could email you comments to BBservices.feedback(at)telecom(dot)co(dot)nz You should have been given a case # from your call but your username should suffice.

As you said only when you called back you were advised by the recorded message of an outage. Often the first indicator of an issue is an influx of calls to the helpdesk, during this period each rep is submitting data at the end of their call to be analysed to determine the nature of the fault (this is also passed onto Net Ops for investigation). So there will be a small delay for a network message to appear on the phone.

Even so "Jeremy" should of asked second tier support or picked up on the number of calls waiting would indicate a possible Broadband network outage. It is likely you were his first call related to the outage. Even so proper troubleshooting by him should of identified the nature of the fault - You were authenticated but not passing traffic, further ping tests and trace routes. By all means please use the email address above, your feedback is valuable in ensuring this will not occur in future.