View Single Post
Old 11th February 2006, 11:04     #1
Savage

Jeremy @ Telecom Broadband support yesterday

If anyone here works for Telecom Broadband support, please give "Jeremy" a right fucking slap for being a useless twat on the support desk.

Rang yesterday and got the delightful Jeremy on the line. Told him that nothing was resolving and couldn't ping any external ips (DSL issue on the Shore yesterday), so he asked if I had any p2p programs running o.O Not entirely sure what the fuck that has to do with not being able to resolve any dns names. Tell him "No" as I don't use p2p programs, and the firewall is disabled atm.

Advised him that all three machines on the lan, as well as the switch and the router had already been restarted, and he then tried to tell me that we had to restart them all in a specific order ... wtf? I bit my tongue and did as he asked (having worked in support before, I know how annoying it is when someone rings up with a high-and-mighty-know-it-all-about-computers attitude), with him still denying that there was a DSL problem.

He asked again if I have firewalls and p2p programs running. Then asked if I could browse. This is where I got angry and asked him if he understood how dns works ... he started to stutter a bit and didn't really answer. I explained that internet programs can't work if the machine can't resolve anything. He put me on hold for about 5 minutes, then came back and pretty much said "we can't find anything, the problem must be on your side". That was his final answer, wouldn't do anything more to help me.

Hung up, started trying my own tests (different router, different account etc), surprise surprise ... not working. Rang back to hear a generic network status msg about "Broadband customers in some areas of Auckland having trouble sending or receiving emails, or browsing the internet". No ETA or explaination.

I was pretty fucking angry by now. I can imagine how many customers have come across Jeremy, and how frustrated they must have been with his sheer incompetence. How the fuck does a monkey like that get a job with Telecom? GG making me waste a couple hours of my time yesterday testing my hardware and lan settings you wanker.

Jeremy if you read this, you're dickhead and someone else with more brains should be taking home your pay cheque. You, and people like you with your attitude, are the reason Telecom support gets such a bad name for service.

Last edited by Savage : 11th February 2006 at 11:08.