View Single Post
Old 25th June 2010, 20:30     #28
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandalador
How so?
Being a lefty does not mean that you also MUST be an anti religion, turtle neck wearing, theatre going 'intelectual' as well.
I'm pretty sure that the only religion that pretty much means you're 100% going to be right wing is Catholic. These new age "christians" are as fruity as JP. Just look at lightspeed, total fucking lefty care bear tool who thinks he's an intellectual, and yet claims to be 'christian'.
Wow, you're still carrying a grudge? I mean you even misspelled intellectual. Then you make a generalisation that I don't think even applies to even a single person on these forums (who are these turtle neck theatre going people? How dare they!). What the hell is an 'intellectual' anyway? Someone with intellect? If you are attacking intelligence, then I mean, what do you think you're defending?

Yes baited. But I mean, jesus.

Also the point is much better explained by the distinction between parties and ideologies. Almost all 'intellectuals' I believe you are referring to, would vote Democrat in America. Yet the Democratic part is to the right policy wise of many ideals of 'conservative' parties in NZ and Aus.

The term Nanny State is retarded, but just those two words would be a better explanation than yours mate. There's nothing uniquely Christian about knee jerk reactions about issues people do not understand.