View Single Post
Old 8th July 2007, 08:46     #429
BathTub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0nge
yes.

some on this thread talk about science like its some magical thing where people only believe in things that are proven....or can be proven.

stephen hawkin is regarded as a leading theoritical physicist. (ie scientist)

my point is that even one of the world's leading scientists is on record as believing in one thing, then the opposite.
Isn't it great that scientists are able to change their minds.

Quote:
some things like the big bang, whats on the "other side" of black holes, multiple realities etc, will NEVER be proven.
they cannot be proven any more than the existance of god can.
a scientist can jump from one theory to the other endlessly.

if you take a brief look at the leading edge of current science (quantum) you will find that there are many conflicting theories, just like there are many conflicting religions. many scientists align themselves to one theory or other based purely on their inner voice, ie faith.
Theoretical Physicists are building on, extrapolating onward from what is currently accepted and testable. They have a solid base of well understood physics to start from and work from there. More of it will become, and is becoming testable as science moves forward.

Please point out to all of us, the well accepted, repeatedly testable, paranormal base for the extended theoretical god.

Quote:
science and religion are not much different.
Especially if you ignore the differences.
Kevin: Oh yeah, when we do, I would hope that we're smart enough to attempt a doctrine of appeasement with them, you know we offer them, I don't know, New Zealand in exchange for them not burning down my house,.. Ah, I mean our houses.
Mike: Good Kevin, that's real brave.
Mike Nelson & Kevin Murphy - Reign of Fire Rifftrax

Last edited by BathTub : 8th July 2007 at 08:47.