Thread: New Inet Shop
View Single Post
Old 14th July 2003, 13:26     #39
Mish
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally posted by [KzN]Tangy
As he said feedback is good and always will be..immature comments by people bored as per the usual nzgames forum and posting laughable bitchy comments..is just entertainment
As far your entertainment comment goes, I couldn't agree more.

BUT, as for “laughable bitchy comments" I'll have to disagree.

If you're going to post to a forum about your new online computer parts store and ask people to "spread the word" when you're entering into a already saturated marketplace with competitors that are VERY well established and already satisfy on price, customer service and site accessibility, then go on to offer what seems to be a site that's sparsely populated with stock and is hellishly slow to boot then it's naive to expect people to want to lend their names to promoting your site.

Kudos to him for trying to start his own business, but if wants people to mention his site as an alternative source for PC parts then he'll have to actually get some stock listed there and pay the $20 a month to get some real hosting, which if he's sold $30,000 worth of parts in the first two weeks shouldn't really be a problem.

If he does that then cool, I'll have no problems mentioning his site, until then it's an insult to ask people to promote a business lacking in so many regards.

Different people have different ideas on required levels of quality, I happen to be one of the people who found his store below the ‘acceptable’ bar and as such I’ve made my thoughts known so he can consider correcting it.

Hey, maybe I’m not in his ‘target market’ and that’s cool, but referring to peoples opinions as “laughable bitchy comments" when you’re dealing with the wide cross-section of Internet society that NZGames encompasses is a little short-sighted.