Thread: New Inet Shop
View Single Post
Old 14th July 2003, 07:43     #30
Mish
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally posted by compudyne
So far in my two weeks of operation i have sold over 30K from my site, so it cant be TOO bad
Looking the stats page I linked to in my post above, it says that your website has only seen 231 'GET' requests.

A 'GET' request happens every time someone signs up for a new account, adds a product to their shopping basket, logs in, or finalises their order with you.

Now that means that each person has to initially register, login, then add a product to their shopping basket then finalise their order.

Assuming you tested the website at least 10 times (a fair assumption in my reckoning) and assuming (generously) that every single person who registered purchased at least one product, that means that 47 people will have purchased stock from your website in its entire existence (not just the last two weeks).

This means that for you to have sold $30,000 worth of stock in the last two weeks every person that signed up would have had to purchase $638 worth of products.

Considering the limited range you carry and that most of the products on your site are around $200 this doesn't seem to add up.

Was the "30K" of sales you mentioned a typo?