Thread: New Inet Shop
View Single Post
Old 12th July 2003, 16:42     #17
Drgnfire

Re: Re: hehe

Quote:
Originally posted by BLazeD
No, he just decided to open one up without checking out the current market situation
What do you think?
[rant]

From what I've seen of the site in question so far there hasn't been a lot of thought put into anything. The NZ market is pretty much saturated with 'cheap' mail-order computer parts dealers and I would expect that we will see 20% (or more) of these disappear within the next 6 to 12 months.

The product selection is very small, some images are broken (and others just look plain awful), the host is very slow at times, and the grammer is shocking in places.

The fact of the matter is that if you are going to try and run a business (regardless of if it is mail order or a physical shop) professionalism is the key. Having links to pages that are blank is not a very good thing, if you don't have any products in a category then don't list the category (the same goes for listing manufacturers that you don't have any products from - eg. Acer).

People have to remember that the PC business is a cut throat market and you have to start it as you mean to go on.

I'm sorry if this seems to be harsh criticism but as a potential customer I would have to say that I have looked at your site once and won't bother again as it just hits me as very unprofessional.

[/rant]