Thread: Lending?
View Single Post
Old 10th February 2004, 17:36     #9
SepulchraL

Re: Lending?

Quote:
Originally posted by Reformed_Quint
I understand that a verbal contract is legally binding, So when u lend something to someone of which u place trust in that they will actually give it back and they don't is there any action one can
take?

Action that doesn't involve turning up on their door waving a bat.

Situation:
Lent a 'friend' a motherboard and some ram, for testing or something, it was understood and communicated that it'd be returned in a couple of days, or whenever i wanted it back.
Few weeks pass and i wanted it back, Enquire into whether goods can be returned etc. Assured that they will be, another couple of days and i enquire again and am simply ignored.

Now i'm assuming that hes gone and sold it.

Anything i can do? I would have kicked his door down already if i had a licence.
i too have been stung by this "friend" quint refeers to. i gave him a brand new atx case+psu, motherboard, processor and a few other bits and pieces under the understanding that they'd be used to set up a qwtf server (keep in mind this was a while back) which they havn't, i also think my parts have been sold off. he refuses to compensate me. not that i give much of a shit, mind you. it was a $100 case and a p3.