View Single Post
Old 6th September 2005, 04:29     #152
riven

o_O

Quote:
Originally posted by shootme
Jonas - i am not bored, it's just that if a Labour coalition gets back in things will sort of stay the same for the next 3 years (read flatline economy).

Which aint the best for me but is good for everyone in general.

Helen is a strong, charismatic leader. The economy is going well. The poor, sick and the arts are being attended to by generous govt. funds (students too the undeserving bums). Most ppl are content.

My theory is that if a Nat/Act coalition gets in with winston somewhere in the mix, immigration will go down, asian investment will decline quite a bit due to the govt's percived anti-immigration/asian bias and an economic decline will start.

Once the depression ball starts rolling the coalition partys will start infighting (as per last time winny was in power with national), the govt will fragment to a degree and further overseas investment (american and european) will be pulled out of the country as investors like stable goverments.

All the above has happened at some time or another over the last 15 years.

I just have a personal interest in a strong economic decline as business is better for me (bartender).
You = such a cock

Its great that to you, your business is more important than the state of the country you live in.