View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2004, 11:19     #37
Boyd-Work
Frank's Pickle Barrel Ass

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolf-age
If that is really your point of view, then why do you have a problem with the opinions of most of NZ's white society
Because, as you so ably demonstrate, most of NZ's white society exhibits exactly the kind of myopia that I'm talking about.

What you're saying is that just because something happened in the past, you should be able to bury it. What that effectively means is that I should be able to throw you off your land today, and as long as I can keep you quiet for a few years then your children will have no right to press the issue with my children.

Right?

And when my kids get rich off your land and your kids end up having to go and work in a factory making jandals at the age of 15, because their father - who died at the age of 50 because he couldn't afford private healthcare - couldn't leave them any assets and they can't make ends meet long enough to go to university, that's still just going to be tough shit.

Right?

What's more, if your children were to have the NERVE to complain about the situation, my kids would be well within their rights to complain about their greed and arrogance.

Right?

Maori had an entire country stolen from them, right before they were plunged into a totally foreign economic system in which they were systematically run down to its lowest rungs. It's a massive handicap which was imposed on them. In contrast, your fathers along with mine and the those of the rest of NZ white society had a huge advantage which was never deserved.

If you don't think that has trickled down and reflects itself in the current socio-economic situation throughout this country, then you are EXACTLY the kind of person who needs to sit back and have a real think about things; rather than simply throwing your arms in the air and spinning some bullshit about how it's actually white people who are oppressed in this country.

I mean, for crying out loud, can you even hear yourself when you say things like that? Are you really one of these thugs who honestly thinks that Maori are really just animals who are beneath you? Is that why they commit crime? You are a typical young man, who thinks with his ego rather than with his brain. Hopefully one day you'll open your eyes, although I wouldn't bet your children's house on it.

The reality is, that if those crimes were never committed, Maori people would have had far more means to live from both in the meantime as well as today. As it actually happened, they were denied those means while European settlers - and therefore their surviving children today - benefitted from blood money and stolen property.

The reality is that the land your house is built on should most likely never have been yours to begin with. And if you have even the slightest regard for civilisation and its laws, then you are by inference forced to agree that compensation is due. Just as it would be for your children in the situation I outlined above.