View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2004, 18:48     #26
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolf-age
The average Maori (and here comes everyone about to try and slam me for putting all Maori into the same bracket) attends school some of the time, gets a shit education, does drugs, leaves school (expelled commonly), goes on dole, gets a low paid job, commits crime (just look at the statistics for race crime rates), starts whining about how it's unfair and all the white people opressed him/her.

Yeah, bro! You've sussed me out, man.

Everyone knows that the "average" brownie amongst us is prone to crime, don't have no edumacati0n, do P for breakfast, and all the other shitz, yo! Now, why don't you hook this honkie up to some more P, yo?

Honestly, cockknob, do you really think that the "Average Maori" somehow just WANT TO be poorer or more exposed to the legal system because they are Maori? I know reductionist thinking is easier for the simple-minded, but at least try harder.

Quote:
Why don't you get a group of your friends together (i'm assuming that you are white) and beat up an innocent person, we'll see if people still respect you. In short, I see that they aren't doing anything beneficial for NZ so are a waste of space...
I tell you what, I am actually a first generation immigrant to this country and if I were to adopt your line of thinking, I'd be a WAY bigger victim of this Maori Conspiracy than any one of you Poor White Men.

Since starting intermediate here, I'd tried my hardest to ignore every fact related to the Treaty that was within my pathetic powers to ignore and wanted to continue to bask in the glorious Light of Superiority of knowing that the Maoris were down ONLY because they were stupid and lazy. But after a while, I actually decided to hear the other side of the story and actually realised I was wrong all along. Stunning, huh?

This "Pro wealth redistribution, pro historical injustice restitution" guy has (theoretically) much to lose. I'll likely have a reasonably high income eventually and will have to meet a higher tax burden to do the right thing. And heavens forbid that when I could practically sit on my ass from now on and pretty much live for the rest of my life in reasonable comfort, due to familial circumstances, these Maoris are coming in and disturbing my peace! All of these facts apply to Boyd also... but we just decided self-delusion don't work for us. Honestly, that's all.

I know a few others that come from conservative and well-to-do families who have done the same thing and abandoned their families' Act Party lines and faced the facts -- try it sometime.

Last edited by cyc : 2nd January 2004 at 18:55.