View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2004, 18:25     #25
Wolf-age

Quote:
Originally posted by Boyd-Work
Yes, of course restitution is due. Nobody's saying you should be booted off your land, and heaven forbid you poor oppressed white men of the country be made to suffer for even longer than you already have; it may come in many forms. The point is that even if the Treaty of Waitangi DIDN'T guarantee this wouldn't happen (which it did), it would still have been illegal under British law and therefore justice is due.
Boyd: I don't see why I should be denied things and have to pay the Maori of today, for something I had no control over and was not involved in in any way. Thats like me coming and finding you and kicking you in the teeth because your cousins uncles son called me a dick. It isn't related to me in any way, so therefore I couldnt give a fuck about them and would prefer that things would stay the same for me. I have had to work for what I have, I attended school, got an education, left school, work. The average Maori (and here comes everyone about to try and slam me for putting all Maori into the same bracket) attends school some of the time, gets a shit education, does drugs, leaves school (expelled commonly), goes on dole, gets a low paid job, commits crime (just look at the statistics for race crime rates), starts whining about how it's unfair and all the white people opressed him/her.

From my point of view, this is bullshit, they went to the same school as me and if they had knuckled down and got some sort of education they could have gotten a decent job and been able to do all the things I have done.

If things go horribly wrong and the Maoris do get the beaches, I hope they charge you to get on it, how would you feel about that?

Cyc: Not once did i mention that what i stated was a full and comprehensive review of New Zealand history, i merely stated some of the happenings.

Ever wonder why the Maori culture is continually assaulted and ridiculed? I believe it's because everyone is sick of them having oppurtunitys given to them (yes i believe attending school is an oppurtunity given to all kinds of people, including white) and they don't use it, instead they use the time to smoke drugs, beat up on people in groups and get expelled. Yup, no reason to disrespect them for that, right?
Why don't you get a group of your friends together (i'm assuming that you are white) and beat up an innocent person, we'll see if people still respect you. In short, I see that they aren't doing anything beneficial for NZ so are a waste of space, and if they keep claiming I think that they will get quite a big violent reaction from the working class whites.

:\