Thread: Random Politics
View Single Post
Old 17th January 2024, 01:09     #6031
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Indeed, that's exactly how it works. If there's a better explanation of human behaviour than the unconscious model, it hasn't been developed yet.
We don't need to explain it. We don't need a model. We just need leaders who are honest, don't shoplift, and know themselves well enough to know when they've bitten off more than they can chew. Leaders resign for a number of reasons - it's not uncommon for someone to resign. It's not a job I'd want personally - I'm sure it's shit being in the public eye, being judged, talked about by people who have never spoken to you, decide they don't like you at all based on a single thing you said that they disagree with, etc. I don't envy her.

Some models may suggest that trauma or stress lead to erratic behaviour or bad decisions. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. I can see how it might - but that's not my concern. I only care that she broke the rules [is of bad character], got caught, and is now gone - as she should be. Her own mental health, and the reasons for her behaviour are for her to manage. If she makes bad decisions under pressure, and the job is high pressure and requires you to make good decisions that affect other people's lives, we don't need her as part of the leadership of this country.

That Chloe is implicated makes this even more entertaining.