View Single Post
Old 24th June 2012, 18:31     #39
p-b

So final specs I ended up with were:

Asus PZ77-I Deluxe Mobo
Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz CPU (slightly overclocked to 3.5)
8 gig 1333 Kingston ram
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680
Intel 180gig SSD

Everything is quite literally crammed into the Silverstone SG08 case that I got.

The video card pretty much only just fits. When screwing the big chassis fan back in, it just touches the plasic fan casing on the video card, but not detrimentally so.

The biggest challenge was organising the internal cabling in such as way as to not obstruct airflow straight down onto the motherboard. I ended up having to take the dvd/optical drive bracket out as I wasn't planning to install a DVD drive anyway. So that made things much easier and created a lot of space for me to get the internal cabling up and out of the way.

The only thing I'm worried about is the wiring from the chassis fan getting into the CPU heatsink fan.

Heatwise, the CPU sits at 29 degrees when idling. About an hour of playing ArmaII and DayZ (which runs extremely smoothly with everything up high) leaves it at about 45-50 degrees. Not sure about the video card...

Pretty happy with the result though, have a nice wee gaming system which doesn't take up too much space.

Only advice to anyone else putting one of these together would be to play close attention to the component dimensions!