View Single Post
Old 6th April 2007, 18:41     #20801
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco T Bastard
a better educated population
It would require a smarter population first since the degree to which individuals can be educated is limited by the former. In a country where (you will argue otherwise I am sure) access to education is available to most, nothing more needs to be done to raise peoples' chances in that regard.

Given less capable people typically have bigger families, your plan would require some radical population controls to acheive.

I'm not too keen on being held back to my fair share of things, and neither would most other people here if they realised how little that would be. Opression of the form currently enjoyed by the masses is fine by me - any change in this is probably ill to my own fortunes (and to most others here).

As an alterantive, how about ending State funded education in the final year of primary and helping chruches reestablish their power amongst the young? The distribution of wealth would shift a little bit and most people would be happier than ever. Wouldn't that make for a nicer world?