NZGames.com Forums

NZGames.com Forums (https://forums.nzgames.com/index.php)
-   Console Forum (https://forums.nzgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Console failures (https://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=77593)

Luse 30th June 2010 14:44

You won't have that problem with a Phantom.

drammaLiP 3rd August 2010 11:51

Console failures

When i run the server and then click on show-console it takes me to the log-in screen. I havnt set a password yet so i clicked on Console Congiferation and it just takes me to the same screen? how do i set the password so i can log in?

Warrick 3rd August 2010 12:05

^^

Playstation 3
Xbox 360
Wii

or

?

BaM 3rd August 2010 12:50

Judging by his only other post, I don't think this guy is talking about consoles at all. What he's actually taking about is anyone's guess.

Baal 4th August 2010 10:32

he *is* a console failure

TnT 5th October 2010 00:19

Another one I'm questioning the stickiness of. Past it's used by date now right?

chiQ 5th October 2010 08:27

Nah, leave it for now, please.

TnT 6th October 2010 00:23

k, but I'm not liking the amount of sticky threads in this forum. Game ids I can see the point of, the relevance of this particular thread is getting less and less, and by the time 2011 rolls around, it's relevance will most likely have expired for me :)

Warrick 6th October 2010 00:26

lawlz. fuck her(;p!). take that shit down.

;>

TnT 6th October 2010 00:31

Simple courtesy goes a long way Warrick, something many of the NZG denizens would do well to remember :)

Warrick 6th October 2010 00:37

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~~~~~~~~~

jokes!

chiQ 6th October 2010 10:27

I only need it up a little while longer. I'm limited in my computer time atm, as I have pulled a back muscle, and I am pretty much dedicating that to work, with a little time on here thrown in. Once I am better I would really like to recompile this data. I appreciate the courtesy TnT :)

I'll make sure it's unstuck when I'm done.

Anthony.S 11th December 2010 13:52

x1 PS3 dead

Will see what it is once it gets fixed I guess.

Anthony.S 11th December 2010 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNova
Woohoo ps3 fixed for free. Hurrah CGA!

Out of curiosity, how long had you had it?

Trigger 20th December 2010 14:41

my ps3 optical drive just died

won't read any discs (tried blu-ray movie, dvd movie, game)
hardly used it :(

Fx. 20th December 2010 14:49

time to mod it and ftp stuff on there!

BadNova 20th December 2010 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony.S
Out of curiosity, how long had you had it?

Since launch day. So, march 23 2007 if I remember correctly.

StN 30th March 2011 16:33

Another 360 red ringing here - what the process for a warranty or CGA replacement? I asked at the DSE store I bought it from today, but they had cleared out there local database since moving across the road and couldn't tell me when I got it. Do they repair or replace the older white ones?

This one hasn't been opened, so I'd rather get them to sort it than do the "ping off the big metal X's" bizzo.

/edit - 21st March 2009 according to the post I made when I couldn't sync the controller. Woot! GG NZG database.

TnT 30th March 2011 18:17

God dammit, now you've given chiQ a reason for leaving this here. Stupid thread! :p

chiQ 30th March 2011 18:18

I've unstuck this now. I'm going to be collating the data this weekend, so if anyone has any updates now is the time to post them :)

TnT 30th March 2011 18:23

Haha, I forgot my smiley pokey tongue guy at the end of that post

Fuck yeah, time travelling FTW!

Sam 30th March 2011 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by StN
Another 360 red ringing here - what the process for a warranty or CGA replacement? I asked at the DSE store I bought it from today, but they had cleared out there local database since moving across the road and couldn't tell me when I got it. Do they repair or replace the older white ones?

This one hasn't been opened, so I'd rather get them to sort it than do the "ping off the big metal X's" bizzo.

/edit - 21st March 2009 according to the post I made when I couldn't sync the controller. Woot! GG NZG database.

StN: http://support.xbox.com/ - go register your console on there (it should automatically know the manufacture date). Once you've done that you should be able to sort out a warranty repair if it's still covered. I think they extended it to 3 years for the RROD issue?

chiQ: You can add an Xbox 360 DVD drive failing to read discs to the list of failures - need to get that fixed up (however it's no longer under warranty) :mad:

chiQ 30th March 2011 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnT
Haha, I forgot my smiley pokey tongue guy at the end of that post

Fixed :D

I am going to do it this time. I've got a really shitty cough that won't go away, from a cold that disappeared weeks ago, so I'm planning to spend the weekend inside resting to see if I can offload it. I might as well get stuff done.

Anthony.S 30th March 2011 21:20

On my 3rd PS3 here now, all overheating issues.

Makes you wonder if the next gen will be better or worse.

StN 30th March 2011 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam
StN: http://support.xbox.com/ - go register your console on there (it should automatically know the manufacture date). Once you've done that you should be able to sort out a warranty repair if it's still covered. I think they extended it to 3 years for the RROD issue?

Yeah - I've gone and registered all three of my current ones, but I can't see anything about RROD on the offical site - only web references back in 2007 to them extending it to three years. Was it on Fair Go this week (thought I saw a promo about reasonable life expectancies for consoles)?

Sam 30th March 2011 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by StN
Yeah - I've gone and registered all three of my current ones, but I can't see anything about RROD on the offical site - only web references back in 2007 to them extending it to three years. Was it on Fair Go this week (thought I saw a promo about reasonable life expectancies for consoles)?

Wasn't the simplest to find (I was looking recently to find out if mine was still covered). Not helped by the fact that this page seems to be 404 if you're using en-gb instead of en-us...

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/...ranty/faq.aspx

Quote:

The warranties are:

Xbox 360 console: One year
Original Xbox 360 console with three flashing red lights or error E74: Three years from the console purchase date (not applicable to the Xbox 360 S console)
Anyway, I believe if you go through the request a repair steps on the site and choose the appropriate failure (RROD) it should tell you whether or not you're covered.

StN 20th April 2011 16:15

Is it wrong to bump?

Ahh - after much fiddling, my box is in the post.

Tried the online form, and it koozed out just as I got the shipping details loaded, so I submitted an online request via the contact page.

Contact page chat suggest I try the online form...

Logged another online call, this time mentioning that I couldn't get the form to complete past the shipping process.

New contact page chap suggetsed I give them a call.

Rang them, and repaeated all the details again, and then got put on hold as the chap couldn't get past the shipping screen... Realised that he had all my details, and I had to go, so I hung up after 10 minutes.

Wife mentioned that a bloke from India had called complaining that I had hung up on him, but he has sent through a pdf with shipping details. Yay!!

Printed out address, slapped it on the box and dropped it off to NZPost.

StN 3rd May 2011 16:25

Woot - just got a box back - the lady at Courier post said "Someone's got their entertainment back!" - it was a non-descript box with secuirty tape - she must have seen a lot of them

Stressing GPU with DOA4 playing tag team with itself. Let's see if it melts.

How come the talented blokes that did the jiggly physics weren't used on Dance Central?

SID|DensitY 3rd May 2011 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by StN
Woot - just got a box back - the lady at Courier post said "Someone's got their entertainment back!" - it was a non-descript box with secuirty tape - she must have seen a lot of them

Stressing GPU with DOA4 playing tag team with itself. Let's see if it melts.

How come the talented blokes that did the jiggly physics weren't used on Dance Central?

Same boxes are most likely used for sex toys.

plaz0r 14th August 2012 10:33

Thread necromancy!

Bought myself a Kinect sensor last week. Nek minnit...

It's since been pointed out to me that there's anecdotal evidence that the Kinect bar can be bad news for older consoles. How do you lot rate my chances of convincing Microsoft to do a warranty repair, given that it's a 2007 console?

I might head down to DSE (where I bought the console from) and try to convince them that the Consumer Guarantees Act means they should repair it for me, but given that it's an almost-five-year-old console they're probably going to tell me to stick it. Still, going to the disputes tribunal is pretty cheap compared with the cost of replacing it...

Kryten 14th August 2012 10:48

USB cable of death? That doesn't sound like it'd be a thing that should exist.