NZGames.com Forums

NZGames.com Forums (https://forums.nzgames.com/index.php)
-   Open Discussion (https://forums.nzgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Random thoughts thread (https://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=51015)

seen-my-keys? 26th August 2003 00:36

Random thoughts thread

Hi there.
I think, for the sake of economising threads, It would be good to have a thread (such as this) where you could be free to air out any random thoughts you may have.
Perhaps for things that arent quite worthy of their own thread, but are perhaps still worthy discussion, or ..... WHATEVER.

Free to speak your mind, without any obligation to stay on topic, be relevant, or make any sense. 'Tis the beauty of NZG.

So I will get the ball rolling here:

I take my health for granted. But since I have realised this, Then I obviously dont take it for granted. So I am not sure if I do, or do not take it for granted at the moment.

I wish my cat didnt walk all over my NEW car, just after i FUCKING cleaned it.

What was worse, is that it is rear/mid engined, so it pawed its way all over the front bonnet looking for the warm spot, before climbing around on the roof, walking around on there a bit, and then discovering a nice warm 3SGE out back.
5 points if you can guess what car it is.

I need some new shoes.

I thought I was quite clever, and drunk, when I came up with this analogy(sp?)
"I am a boat sailing on the sea of life... I can steer the boat, but it is the ocean currents that take me where I am going."
WOW. Thats pretty deep eh? I thought so at the time.

I cant believe it costs 18 flipping dollars to get a hair cut these days. BACK IN MY DAY, before I grew my hair long, it was about $10. Golly!

I need a haircut.

I need 18 dollars.

I have an easy life, which I am grateful for. I feel for people who have things harder than me.* Especially family members. I must try harder to help people who arent as priviledged as me.

*I know for a fact, that Native read that sentence as: "I feel people who have things harder than me" And giggled. :)

Variety isnt the spice of life... Its more like the oxygen of life. Youre brain dies without it.

simcore_ 26th August 2003 00:42

This roti I just attempted to cook tastes like pancakes...

HeMan 26th August 2003 00:45

I can't decide if I want to eat a packet of 2 minute noodles or the "boil in the cup" type.

Baron 26th August 2003 00:47

Youve just reminded me of a moro I havent eaten

Frouse 26th August 2003 00:53

I can't stop fiddling with this ball of blu-tac

Cyberbob 26th August 2003 00:55

I wonder when Memento is next on

HeMan 26th August 2003 00:57

Any Drum and Bass heads going along to Fu this Saturday?

SneakerPimps 26th August 2003 00:58

wait.. doesnt this just happen to "normal" threads?

combatspoon 26th August 2003 00:59

My stomach is sending my brain signals that it is time to retrieve the two sausages that are in the pan downstairs.

Baron 26th August 2003 01:05

two sausages at midnight?

pkp|ex 26th August 2003 01:08

Tis end times

combatspoon 26th August 2003 01:09

The four I ate earlier just weren't enough.

Cyberbob 26th August 2003 01:10

I wonder if my brother's eaten my lollies yet

Ashley 26th August 2003 01:15

I can't find my tech timetable

Im glad I don't have work tomorrow, and its payday :D!

Night shifts suck hairy donkey balls.

The mofo who stole my phone and wallet shall burn in hell D:! And you fuckers who keep out bidding me on trademe when im trying to buy a new phone!!

Cyberbob 26th August 2003 01:17

Better sell that phone and wallet I stole asap

Baron 26th August 2003 01:19

F**k the romainian who suckered me on trade me to buy a phone he didnt have

Ashley 26th August 2003 01:26

Quote:

Originally posted by Cyberbob
Better sell that phone and wallet I stole asap
Yes, you best unless you don't want to fall off the face of the earth

Trigger 26th August 2003 01:40

Pigdog 26th August 2003 01:42

I only read half of the first post then got bored.

Ashley 26th August 2003 01:54

Quote:

Originally posted by Trigger
[img]http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/amaricic/ghost.jpg[img]
I think that picture is WAY past its used by date

doppelgänger of someone 26th August 2003 02:00

lollies, sausages... deluge of sexual innuendo...

Dystopia 26th August 2003 02:21

i really thought cheech and chong would be alot better

back to southpark

Wuffle 26th August 2003 02:25

WHAT CHANNEL IS CHEECH AND CHONG ON!?

Dystopia 26th August 2003 02:26

c:\movies

Wuffle 26th August 2003 04:05

Bastard. :)

Up In smoke right?.... i thought that movie was fucking hilarious

leadinjector 26th August 2003 08:58

Bruce Lee once said that his style was that of having no style- his form was that of having no form. however he wouldn't teach anyone who wasn't already an experienced martial artist. the reason? for us to become free from form and style, we must have something to break away from. without something concrete for us to soar above, we have no idea of where we are flying and become lost.

something to muse over

reac 26th August 2003 09:31

I need a bottle of V. 2, even.

catalystnz 26th August 2003 09:40

I *mean* to tidy up _ do last night's dishes, fold the clothes, put some washing on _ when I get home, but I get there, and I feel like sleeping... Then the landlords' kids upstairs run back and forward, stomping even, thumping, like fucking crazy ADHD kids or summat, and it's worsened by having to hear their mother yell at them, and the kids yell at each other, and I fucking can't stand the fucking noise! I sit at the computer instead, with headphones on, listening to music to drown out the upstairs noise.

I worry that we shouldn't have moved into that place. It's only been three weeks and I want to move. Fuck. We can't afford it.

No. More. Sugar. I think I'm a prime candidate for diabetes.

AND I feel like falling asleep at my desk at work right... this .. min.... zzzzzzz

ZoSo 26th August 2003 09:42

Bill Maher on Larry King last night was great. Wouldnt mind his show being on TV here.

ZoSo 26th August 2003 09:44

Quote:

Originally posted by Cyberbob
I wonder when Memento is next on
9:45 this morning, Sky Movies.

fobski 26th August 2003 09:50

Air NZ sux compared to qantas

GG to air nz for fucking my flight up

Uncle Gus 26th August 2003 11:48

The two bolts on my brake unit on my front left wheel are so tight that I bent my socket handle trying to undo them. I have NFI what to do next. :(

DevilWTKC 26th August 2003 11:55

I cant wait till this rash goes away...

Uncle Gus 26th August 2003 12:00

My parents still haven't sent me that postcard from Queensland they promised me.

TnT 26th August 2003 12:02

Quote:

Originally posted by Uncle Gus
The two bolts on my brake unit on my front left wheel are so tight that I bent my socket handle trying to undo them. I have NFI what to do next. :(
CRC, a hammer and a ring spanner, shock treatment on the bolt., (Ie smashing the ring spanner with the hammer when it's on the bolt), is usually a very good way of loosening tight bolts.

Uncle Gus 26th August 2003 12:16

Yeah, I sprayed WD40 on it like there was no tomorrow, and smacked the end of it (which was exposed on the other side) with a hammer, using a spare bolt as a sort of nail punch. I'm just going to wait until my Dad gets back from Oz and ask him what to do. He knows everything :)

catalystnz 26th August 2003 12:34

just quickly, while on the topic of cars, is there a sort of price range oil changes should fall into? I dropped my car off to a garage this morning, and I don't know how much an oil chg is gonna cost... I'm guessing that for my little old '86 Ford Laser, anything over $120 is going to be excessive... right? And don't bother with the Laser jokes cos I'm just trying to get from A to B, not trying to impress. I'm just grateful I don't own a Skoda, Fiat, Suzuki or some other tiny 999cc rated vehicle. :)

TnT 26th August 2003 12:35

But did you actually put a spanner on the bolt, (ring end not the open end), and then hit the spanner in an anti clockwise direction? Smacking directly on the end of the bolt, towards the thread will allow some WD40 to penetrate, but shocking the bolt in an anti-clockwise direction is a 'poor mans' rattle gun approach :)

TnT 26th August 2003 12:38

Quote:

Originally posted by catalystnz
I'm guessing that for my little old '86 Ford Laser, anything over $120 is going to be excessive... right?
Correct. I'd say you'd be looking at around 80ish dollars. Oil $20-$30 dependin on what they use, filter should be in the $10-$20 range, plus an hours labour, (it takes MUCH less than that but seems to be a standard charge), anywhere from $40-$55.

flic 26th August 2003 13:10

it's just past midday
i'm at work
but i don't start til 12:30
and I'm here til 9

I HATE THIS SHIFT !